Around The League V.2

Totty

I know you guys are all aboard the Carr train and I’m totally on board with him for 2019. But what if we can fleece Reggie for pick 13? Dolphins don’t even have a 2nd string QB on the roster. Two training camp arms. They are also in no draft position to draft a QB. Carr is no where near worth pick 13, maybe a late 1st. Would be interesting if we could fleece him for that pick. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I know you guys are all aboard the Carr train and I’m totally on board with him for 2019. But what if we can fleece Reggie for pick 13? Dolphins don’t even have a 2nd string QB on the roster. Two training camp arms. They are also in no draft position to draft a QB. Carr is no where near worth pick 13, maybe a late 1st. Would be interesting if we could fleece him for that pick. 

At the 13th pick you're looking at a guy like Devin Bush, Clelin Ferrell, or Brian Burns. I wouldn't trade Derek Carr for any of those players straight up. Draft picks are over valued. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At the 13th pick you're looking at a guy like Devin Bush, Clelin Ferrell, or Brian Burns. I wouldn't trade Derek Carr for any of those players straight up. Draft picks are over valued. 

Carr is no where near worth the 13th pick. Dolphins would never offer such a value. But the only thing that got me thinking is McKenzie is not bright when it comes to trades. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr is no where near worth the 13th pick. Dolphins would never offer such a value. But the only thing that got me thinking is McKenzie is not bright when it comes to trades. 

You would trade Derek Carr for Clelin Ferrell straight up? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You would trade Derek Carr for Clelin Ferrell straight up? 

That’s not the way you look at it or GMs look at it and you know it. You’re getting rid of a big contract, fair or not, and getting a Top 15 draft talent. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s not the way you look at it or GMs look at it and you know it. You’re getting rid of a big contract, fair or not, and getting a Top 15 draft talent. 

Realistically you're getting a Brian Burns, Devin Bush, or Clelin Ferrell at #13. I wouldn't give Carr up for any of those players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Realistically you're getting a Brian Burns, Devin Bush, or Clelin Ferrell at #13. I wouldn't give Carr up for any of those players.

Go make a thread in NFL Gen. I guarantee you Carrs value is nothing close to 13 ans everyone on the site would choose pick 13. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Go make a thread in NFL Gen. I guarantee you Carrs value is nothing close to 13 ans everyone on the site would choose pick 13. 

That's cool. For the Oakland Raiders, considering our team and needs, I wouldn't give up a starting QB for a defensive player that won't be an impact rookie and might not ever even be an above average player. QB is the most valuable position in the league. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Reggie is not the Dolphins GM. So doubt you can't fleece  someone who's not even making decisions

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That is because fans value draft picks. Car is definitely worth more to the RaidersThen he 13th pick in the draft. 

• Like 1

If Carr has another year like the last two good luck getting a late 1st for him.  Probably a 2nd or 3rd.  If he get back his winning ways then he would be worth multiple 1st round picks.  Carr's value is up in the air right now and we are taking a risk by keeping him.  I think it is the right decision but still a risk.  I think it is the same situation as Mack though that if we did trade him for the 13th pick it would be like trading Carr for Lock at 13, signing Houston, and Ansah.  You would have to take into account whether he is playing up to his contract the same way a team trading for him would offer less because they are taking on a big contract while not knowing which version they are going to get. 

On a Carr side note I did not realize Carr had 11 fumbles.  That is a bad sign for a player that knows pressure is coming and still does not take care of the ball.  Hopefully he just had an unlucky year in that regard but 21 TO is to much.  We get that under control and create a few TO on defense and we should be a much better team.  Our line changes already should cut our sacks by almost half and Carr should be able to get his TO number back in the 10-15 range.  That alone would put us in the 8 win range and if Carr can execute the offense we are on our way back.  Need to hit on our D draft picks though.

Edited by drfrey13