Around The League V.2

Totty

I have enjoyed seeing Giants fans on twitter try to convince themselves that Eli Manning is a HOF QB lol. 

Sadly he will get in cause of his last name and the two Super Bowls but he doesn’t deserve to get in. This is the half of very good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I have enjoyed seeing Giants fans on twitter try to convince themselves that Eli Manning is a HOF QB lol. 

Sadly he will get in cause of his last name and the two Super Bowls but he doesn’t deserve to get in. This is the half of very good. 

I go back and forth on that. I agree he gets extra clout because of his name. But winning 2 SBs isn't easy. Maybe I just give him extra points because he beat New England twice. Still not sure how I feel about him and HOF vs HOVG though. Probably moot as I'm sure he'll get HOF like you're saying.

HoF isn’t just numbers but moments as well. Eli was never a great QB but he started almost every game and he knocked of the Patriots not once but twice. The only other guy to do that was slick Nick. He also was part of the helmet catch which many think is the greatest of all time. And really the only QB to not go to the hall with 2 SB wins is Plunkett, so that carries a lot of weight. 

Should being the key word but bc of his name, and where he played, I don't think it takes long. Imo, a hall of famer should be top five at his position during his era. Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Ben, and even Rivers have all had better careers. Yeah Eli won two super bowls, but I think he only took his team to the playoffs two or three more times outside of that over sixteen years. Is that a hall of famer?

That’s my issue with Eli. He was never ever the best QB in the NFL for a season. Never lead the NFL in passing or TDs. Like NJ said he missed the playoffs a lot!! I think he’s good but HOF nah. But we seen a lot of people get in that probably shouldn’t have. HOF has turned into a popularity contest with the voters. 

Eli teams got hot at the right time twice and he obviously made some clutch, but so did Joe Flacco during that SB run for the Ravens they gonna let him in as well. Gotta draw the line somewhere. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

That’s my issue with Eli. He was never ever the best QB in the NFL for a season. Never lead the NFL in passing or TDs. Like NJ said he missed the playoffs a lot!! I think he’s good but HOF nah. But we seen a lot of people get in that probably shouldn’t have. HOF has turned into a popularity contest with the voters. 

Eli teams got hot at the right time twice and he obviously made some clutch, but so did Joe Flacco during that SB run for the Ravens they gonna let him in as well. Gotta draw the line somewhere. 

He was never even top 5, let alone the best. And I’d guess for many of his seasons he wasn’t even top 10.

Eli shouldn’t get in, and Flacco definitely shouldn’t get in. Eli will, though.

• Like 2

I don't know much about Yahoo Sports, but I found this article interesting. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-burrow-trying-to-avoid-being-drafted-by-bengals/ar-BBZwWJy?ocid=spartanntp

We were told by folks at the recent Senior Bowl that the Bengals lobbied hard to make sure their staff coached Oregon QB Justin Herbert. They also wanted Burrow at the game, but he declined the invitation, having just come off of a national title the week prior. No one could blame Burrow.

But the week was a productive one for Herbert, who clearly established himself as the best quarterback at the event, ahead of Utah State’s Jordan Love. Bengals head coach Zac Taylor threw praise at Herbert all week, and Bengals executive director of personnel Duke Tobin told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer that the Bengals are locked in on four players at one: Burrow, Ohio State pass rusher Chase Young, Tagovailoa and Herbert.

Are the Bengals stupid???

Edited by Steins Gate

2 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

I don't know much about Yahoo Sports, but I found this article interesting. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-burrow-trying-to-avoid-being-drafted-by-bengals/ar-BBZwWJy?ocid=spartanntp

Are the Bengals stupid???

Burrow isn't some once in a generation QB. I still think Tua is the better QB when healthy. Everything hit for Burrow this year in terms of his play calling and talent. He's great, but he's not in that Luck league of QBs coming out. 

I feel for any QB going to Cincy... If anyone read Carson's comments recently. Basically said they are not a franchise that wants to win. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Burrow isn't some once in a generation QB. I still think Tua is the better QB when healthy. Everything hit for Burrow this year in terms of his play calling and talent. He's great, but he's not in that Luck league of QBs coming out. 

I feel for any QB going to Cincy... If anyone read Carson's comments recently. Basically said they are not a franchise that wants to win. 

It's not about Burrow for me. It's about Herbert being considered at #1 (which I won't believe until I see it). Maybe the Bengals are setting up for a trade down. 

The thing about Burrow, he is from Ohio. The Bengal fans there would burn down the stadium, if the Bengals came away from the draft with any other QB.