Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

i agree. Mahomes won't last long. he is a flash in the pan QB. Carr will still be in the league when Mahomes is gone for this reason. 

Can't tell if you're being serious or a joke. Mahomes is just getting started. Carr probably wont be in the league by the time Mahomes is 29

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

My goodness man. 51-14 Chiefs? 2019 49ers the 2016 Raiders? The same Raiders with a projected DVOA of 8.3% compared to the 49ers 29.3%? 

I think you're suffering from a slight delirium my friend :)

Image result for get some help jordan

The niners took the league by storm. Shanny is a choke artist. Saleh runs the most basic defense in the NFL. They were exposed the second half of the season. Give teams an offseason to study the film and they will go back to where they belong in the middle of the league watching the playoffs. 

I can make up stats too. Analytics are what people that don't know football rely on to make their point.

Ride this high. But be prepared the crash hurts. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Can't tell if you're being serious or a joke. Mahomes is just getting started. Carr probably wont be in the league by the time Mahomes is 29

Carr will have more rings the Mahomes when Mahomes turns 29.

14 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

The niners took the league by storm. Shanny is a choke artist. Saleh runs the most basic defense in the NFL. They were exposed the second half of the season. Give teams an offseason to study the film and they will go back to where they belong in the middle of the league watching the playoffs. 

I can make up stats too. Analytics are what people that don't know football rely on to make their point.

Ride this high. But be prepared the crash hurts. 

I didn't make the statistics up. It's information solidifying what happened what happened on the field lol. But you shouldn't need that to compare the 2016 Raiders to the 2019 49ers. 

Analytics are just actually just another way to acquire more information or further contextualize what happened on the field. 

Every team burns down at some point. This isn't new.

I stopped taking you seriously though when you claimed the 49ers should have lost 51-14, and that the defense got figured out in the second half of the season though. Or that Derek Carr will have more rings than Mahomes. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I didn't make the statistics up. It's information solidifying what happened what happened on the field lol. But you shouldn't need that to compare the 2016 Raiders to the 2019 49ers. 

Analytics are just actually just another way to acquire more information or further contextualize what happened on the field. 

DVOA is a made up stat with a made up formula that doesn't accurately depict anything. 

No Analytics are for nerds who don't actually no football that think everything is quantifiable. 

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

Carr will have more rings the Mahomes when Mahomes turns 29.

just a massive troll job I see. What makes you think that? Mahomes just won the SB in his 2nd starting season. The scary thing he is getting better

Carr can't even win in cold weather..so how can he win a SB?

• Like 2

I see Mahommes already changing his game to have a longer career. He still takes some big hits but at times where it motivates his team to see his toughness. Even Andy's play calling adjusted since Pat got injured early in the season. TV mentioned no QB sneaks.  Pat reminds me of Farve during his 3 MVP's but with less risk taking. Both look like they are out there having fun but at times Brett looked like he had a lot of luck on his side at times. Pat looks more refined at at the peak at a younger age. Pat and Andy was a great combo. Pat is a one of a kind QB at the moment. So to think it's easy to just get our own is delusional. Tua 'could' be that but his injuries were a concern before the hip so...Tua's career could be short but you never know. 

Just now, OG_C2X said:

Doesn't understand how it works is laughable... keep pretending you know how it works lolol

Pretty easy if you actually take the time to learn what DVOA is, instead of chalking up a resource as something useless because you can't wrap your head around it. Knock yourself out. It's explained right here:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#DVOA

No what's laughable is your delusion that Derek Carr will have more rings than Mahomes by the time Mahomes is 29. 

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

just a massive troll job I see. What makes you think that? Mahomes just won the SB in his 2nd starting season. The scary thing he is getting better

Carr can't even win in cold weather..so how can he win a SB?

No trolling here. 

I think Derek Carr has a longer career then Mahomes. I think injuries derail Mahomes hard in the coming years and he is out of the league before he is 30. So that is the main reason why I think Carr will have more rings then him in the next 5 years is because I think mahomes misses big chunks of seasons in the next 5 years with injuries. 

I also don't think he is getting better. I think he is getting worse. I think the more people praise him for his ad lib style the more he will rely on it and that isn't how you win. I also think this goes to his head.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Pretty easy if you actually take the time to learn what DVOA is, instead of chalking up a resource as something useless because you can't wrap your head around it. Knock yourself out. It's explained right here:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#DVOA

No what's laughable is your delusion that Derek Carr will have more rings than Mahomes by the time Mahomes is 29. 

I am well aware how DVOA works. It a crap algorithm. That has been proven to mean nothing.