Around The League V.2

Totty

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

No trolling here. 

I think Derek Carr has a longer career then Mahomes. I think injuries derail Mahomes hard in the coming years and he is out of the league before he is 30. So that is the main reason why I think Carr will have more rings then him in the next 5 years is because I think mahomes misses big chunks of seasons in the next 5 years with injuries. 

I also don't think he is getting better. I think he is getting worse. I think the more people praise him for his ad lib style the more he will rely on it and that isn't how you win. I also think this goes to his head.

Lot of "I think" and What ifs scenarios here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm sorry but there's nothing specific about his playing style in your post. I asked you because i think his style is actually quite sustainable. He's a mobile QB but he doesn't run all that much. His mobility is more useful to extend plays than to pick up yards on the ground. He's a passer first, not a QB/RB. His arm is great, accuracy on deep throws excellent, great poise (it looked shaky for most of the game yesterday but that's a 24 years old in the SB and when it was do or die time, he flipped the switch). The only way i see him regressing is if all the attention gets to his head and he starts putting less time into his work habits (or injury but that's a given for any player). I think he's the best QB in the NFL already and i don't think it's changing anytime soon. As for sustaining the same results, he might not win 3 straight playoff games down by 10 or a SB every year but who does?

Specifically, he hasn't proven that he's capable of running an offense yet.  He's winging it out there.  To his credit, he's been amazing at that.  However, we are starting to see that he has begun to be limited throughout this season.  I believe his ceiling is Aaron Rodgers and that's nothing to scoff at.  However, as we've seen with Rodgers you have to mature into that. It also means that when the elite playmakers aren't there anymore, an injury happens, and/or the defense can't hold up the results won't be League MVP and Super Bowl Champion.

This is an argument that neither of us can win. We won't know until it's over.  Some think the Chiefs are set for 10-12 years and championships a plenty.  I disagree, no biggie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, true2form said:

This is an argument that neither of us can win. We won't know until it's over.  Some think the Chiefs are set for 10-12 years and championships a plenty.  I disagree, no biggie.

Yes i wasn't trying to win any argument. Just curious why you were saying this since it was so far from my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, true2form said:

The planet that is based in reality.  His style of play is not sustainable.  He will change or fade like every other QB before him.  Your failure to realize the history of this game is mind boggling. 

What style he is not a running QB.

2 hours ago, true2form said:

Eventually the luck, athleticism, and the rest of the league will catch up to you.  Just look at year 1 to year 2 and how the league figured him out. He still had success and yes they won a title.  But, you guys can see how improbable this run was, even if it was amazing too, correct?  

I choose to see the big picture.  Coming back and winning three straight playoff games is remarkable, but it also shows the inherent flaws that I'm speaking of.  It's taking momentum swinging, come from behind wins to get the job done and that's just not sustainable.  

That doesn't even factor in getting paid and the salary cap swindling that will have to begin from there.  

You also dont factor it's his 2nd year as a starter he has plenty of time to continue to get better. He's not a finished product.

40 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Yes i wasn't trying to win any argument. Just curious why you were saying this since it was so far from my opinion.

I do the same thing.  What are people seeing that I'm not?  I ask myself that all the time.  I can't argue with the results and that's probably why all of the bashing for worst post ever.  I get it.  Doesn't change what I see and for 3.5 quarters it played out that way.  Maybe he can do that for the rest of his career, but he'd be the first to do so.

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What style he is not a running QB.

Never said he was.  Best way I can say it is''backyard" style.

He plays the way we all did at one point during recess.  Where the best couple of guys always dominated.  There wasn't strategy or work put into it.  It was run around until you get open.  Only way I know how to explain it.

Everyone in here has to agree that he's a better QB on the move than he is in the pocket at the very least. Correct? He's better when things break down, not in structure.

26 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You also dont factor it's his 2nd year as a starter he has plenty of time to continue to get better. He's not a finished product.

That's literally the meaning of "guy needs to learn" in my original post.  I didn't say guy can't learn.

Getting to a Super Bowl is hard, 10 years ago after Rodgers won his many thought that this would be the Packers era. They haven’t been back since with the best QB of the last decade. I think Mahomes i s the best right now. He plays a lot like Brett Farve which shows that he can last a pretty long time. I think the Raiders will have to build up the defense a lot and add a weapon or 2 on offense but I don’t think he automatically makes KC a shoe in. I think we’ve watched the patriots roll in to the super bowl every year for the last few year and it’s made many think that’s how it’ll be with KC. What the Patriots have done is insane and the exception not the rule. They’re beatable.

also with the Chiefs coming from be hind to win every playoff game it just goes to show that they don’t just do it to Carr but they do it to everyone too. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Football 101? Lol

wow

I am speaking at a conference in Waco next week to Highschool Football coaches from across the state of Texas. You should attend, you could learn a thing or two.