Around The League V.2

Totty

50 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

So Mack’s performance dips and hes 2 years older but his trade value has increased by 2 2nds?  Yeah he’s not getting traded, no ones giving that up.  In fact, the Bears overpaid for him when you factor in the cost of his contract.

They gotta fix the offense, they wiffed on the QB position by passing on two of the better QBs in the league. If they had Mahomes they probably would have won a super bowl or 2. It’s a shame. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

They gotta fix the offense, they wiffed on the QB position by passing on two of the better QBs in the league. If they had Mahomes they probably would have won a super bowl or 2. It’s a shame. 

I think a lot of NFL teams are going to go the way of the titans.  Bruising running attack and a great defense.

The NFL is overrun with smaller cover type LB’s and are vulnerable to a bigger back.

That’s why I’m worried about drafting Queen.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

The rumor about Mack doesn't make sense. His dead cap would be 45M. He can't be traded.

It's a dumb rumor. Based off nothing. But raider nation will run with it. It makes our trade look even better and makes the "traitor" Mack looks worse. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think a lot of NFL teams are going to go the way of the titans.  Bruising running attack and a great defense.

The NFL is overrun with smaller cover type LB’s and are vulnerable to a bigger back.

That’s why I’m worried about drafting Queen.

Very valid concern.  Queen at MLB would bring problems with stopping the run.  He’d make some splash plays shooting gaps but he’s going to struggle getting off blocks when run at.  He’d have to have 2 big, 2 gapping DT’s in front of him to keep linemen off him.  Personally I think he’s far better suited as a WILL then MLB.  I also think taking him at #19 is a reach.  I’d much, much, much rather give up to 2 3rds to move up to #8 (Arizona) for Simmons.  I think that’s a realistic trade option if Giants pass on him at 4 (I see Carolina going D. Brown).   Arizona could still have their choice of Lamb or Jeudy if they want a WR or Wirfs, Wills, Thomas, or Bechton (1 would likely go to NYG at #4).  

I’d love to see passing downs with Simmons and Abram at LB with Joyner and Joseph at safety.

I almost, almost think if we can’t get Schobert or Littleton we’d still be decent at LB.  Simmons at SAM, Whitehead (hopefully restructured/reduced cap number) at MLB and M.Lee (who i still have some hope for, don’t forget his ‘18 pre-season was very good) or a cheap free agent.  Whiteheads horrible covering TE’s and slot WRs but he’s capable of dropping into a zone.  He’d only be in on base sets, which are around 40% of the time.  Simmons can man up and erase the TE.  It’s far from ideal but we wouldn’t be crippled by our LB play like we were this year.