Around The League V.2

Totty

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Really not trying to be a straight jerk just want to clarify...

So you think Queen will be drafted say 25-35 but will end up being a Willis level player? 

if he is what you say he is won’t At least one team pick him before 35?  

Oh I think it's very possible that a team picks Queen In the top 20. 

What I am saying is I thought that wagner would be as good as good as kuechly or better and said he was worth a top 15 pick but he didn't get picked until the middle of the 2nd round.

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Everson Griffin is voiding his contract with the Vikings, thoughts on bringing him in?

Depends on the price tag. He's not got a lot left in the tank but would be a good rotational player and would bring leadership to a young Dline group.

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

My best friend was on a road trip and went thru true exact checkpoint yesterday.  He was driving dirty but not that dirty lol.  He was thinking he was done for and then the drug dog had to take a crap When he was 3 cars away and the officer took him to the side of the road and My boy was waived through by a officer who looked like he was 10 mins from Going home and didn’t care about anything.  When I sent by buddy the link he couldn’t believe it, he said it felt like they were targeting someone based upon the way they were going after similar Looking cars.  
it wouldn’t surprise me if they had knowledge of Robinson’s activities prior to the stop.  It’s like Nate Newton Didn’t get caught twice with all that work by accident.  They were on to him. 

How big is 157 pounds like a huge 1980’s cadi trunkful? That’s how much my gf weighs lol wtf

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

How big is 157 pounds like a huge 1980’s cadi trunkful? That’s how much my gf weighs lol wtf

My friend owns a farm in NorCal.  I never received 157 units but based on what 30 units looks like I can definitely say it could fit 157 in the trunk of my Ford Escape, but that’s floor to ceiling.  The problem with the that much is you can’t conceal it besides a lousy blanket over it all or your using several very large boxes And that’s going to 2-3x the space you need.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

So if a new CBA gets done before next month it will cause the salary cap to increase. It would make it an ever more exciting FA. 

I don’t think it gets done in time.  Honestly I think it’s to our advantage it doesn’t.  We’ve been very fiscally conservative and in a good spot.  We can be smart and get a few FAs that we like.  Adding more money to every team will only cause inflation.  

8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Everson Griffin is voiding his contract with the Vikings, thoughts on bringing him in?

I think Griffin would be an excellent addition, if the price is right.  Mayowa probably earned himself more money then we’re willing to pay and after midseason we played him a lot less.  I think we’ll move  on from him.  For a few million more than Mayowa, Griffin or Quinn would be nice additions.  I’d like to get them for 8-10m but I’m probably too low.

Ferrell/Key and Crosby/Griffin/D.Jordan (who would also kick inside often) would be a great rotation.

i think there’s a fine line between bringing in another DE to keep Crosby and Ferrell fresh and taking away their snaps.  I think Crosby can be a 12-14 sack guy next year and Ferrell 6-8.  I don’t want to stunt their growth but I also think a veteran could help them out.

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

My friend owns a farm in NorCal.  I never received 157 units but based on what 30 units looks like I can definitely say it could fit 157 in the trunk of my Ford Escape, but that’s floor to ceiling.  The problem with the that much is you can’t conceal it besides a lousy blanket over it all or your using several very large boxes And that’s going to 2-3x the space you need.

I can fit a qtr cord of wood in the trunk of my Buick. Figure it had to be a suv

Why Robinson didn’t just but the stuff boxes or a huge freezer along with Miscellaneous things and fire a freight company to ship it is beyond me.  At least be in a trail car driving clean.

Its the feds.... he either gets like 24-60 months or he snitches... he ain’t walking on this without a 4k1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I can fit a qtr cord of wood in the trunk of my Buick. Figure it had to be a suv

Oh I’m just assuming it was an SUV and I used the size comparison because I have a Escape, which is a small SUV.

did he really hire an Uber driver? I heard that.  Border Patrol can do check points up to 100 miles inside the border.  It’d make sense it was an Uber driver who just used fastest route on gps and drove a main highway and came that close.  Swear on my life he best friend was on a road trip and went thru that exact checkpoint the same day.  It took him by total suprise and thanks to the dog needing to go the bathroom 3 cars before he was next to be inspected he got waived thru and his small, truly personal Stash wasn’t found.  By buddy’s a very street smart guy and he said they were definitely looking for a specific car.  He told me all this before the news broke and had no idea of the bust, he’s not even a football guy.

Edited by jimkelly02

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Oh I’m just assuming it was an SUV and I used the size comparison because I have a Escape, which is a small SUV.

I know just saying I got a big ole Buick so it had to be a suv or knowing mr genius he prolly just had a truck with a cover lol