Around The League V.2

Totty

Anyone been watching the XFL? Loving it so far. Picked the Guardians to cheer on cause colors are similar to the Raiders and they had McGloin (although he was a disaster... yikes). Kinda cool to have a New York team I guess. Only way I’ll change is if they expand and get a Northern Cali or Vegas team. 

PJ Walker looks like a stud and could keep the XFL afloat a few years. He reminds me of Kyler Murray at Oklahoma, plays just like him. Slower and a bit beefier though. I also loved the harder hits. It’s not 70’s/80’s/90’s hard hits but like the Early 2000’s. Just hard hitting defense and nothing too crazy. 

Can’t hit hard at all in todays NFL. They want 100% wrap up tackles, and want that to be the future of the sport. 

XFL won't last if they don't improve the QB situation. There's like 3 good QB's. PJ is one of them Cardell is one and the QB from St. Louis can't remember his name but he played at Ole miss. It's a tough watch if you're not a big fan of football. they want to be known for big plays and high scoring and the rules they put in just haven't work like they thought they would. The numbers each week continue to go down. 

There are a couple of things that the NFL can take from the XFL like they did the first time the XFL was around. 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

XFL won't last if they don't improve the QB situation. There's like 3 good QB's. PJ is one of them Cardell is one and the QB from St. Louis can't remember his name but he played at Ole miss. It's a tough watch if you're not a big fan of football. they want to be known for big plays and high scoring and the rules they put in just haven't work like they thought they would. The numbers each week continue to go down. 

There are a couple of things that the NFL can take from the XFL like they did the first time the XFL was around. 

XFL has always been better at technology than the NFL. Almost all the NFLs cool stuff comes from the XFL. NFL is ran by old fossils. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

XFL has always been better at technology than the NFL. Almost all the NFLs cool stuff comes from the XFL. NFL is ran by old fossils. 

I Agree.  I think, like you said, it comes from “The Shield” wanting to keep things traditional and not take risks, while the XFL revels in that image.  It works for them because if something doesn’t work they can just remove it.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, agarcia34 said:

Seeing these players on twitter salty about the Tony Romo deal from CBS is eye opening. 

OBJ said he was done with football and was ready to pursue a career in announcing.  I do not think he realizes that people have to want to hear your voice/opinion before you get paid.  I would not want to hear him announce a little league game.  Now I would pay to hear Pat McAfee just to introduce Zion Willamson.

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsNOLA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

OBJ said he was done with football and was ready to pursue a career in announcing.  I do not think he realizes that people have to want to hear your voice/opinion before you get paid.  I would not want to hear him announce a little league game.  Now I would pay to hear Pat McAfee just to introduce Zion Willamson.

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsNOLA

I wish Cutler stayed in announcing, my wife watches Very Cavilari and he’s the best part of that show. I’d love to hear him throw shade on players in the nfl. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I wish Cutler stayed in announcing, my wife watches Very Cavilari and he’s the best part of that show. I’d love to hear him throw shade on players in the nfl. 

I would love that but it would rub the players the wrong way and most of them have very fragile egos.