Around The League V.2

Totty

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'd take Bradberry

Not saying Bradberry can’t play in a press-man scheme but Carolina was a heavy zone team, probably a Top 3 zone team in the league. He played zone much more than he did man, and when he did play man, there was usually zone concepts mixed in. Something called Cover 2 Man comes to mind. 

Not saying he can’t play in our scheme, he has all the ideal requirements to play as a press-man guy, but I don’t think Mayock is going to pursue him. 

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I'd take Bradberry

I’ve been pimping him hard for months.  He’s matched up with WR1’s every game against the likes of M.Thomas, Evans/Goodwin, J.Jones and for the most part locked them up as well as anyone else does.

i didn’t watch his games and study the coverage concepts but I did read he played a decent amount of press-man and not all zone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

One less team in the running for Jones now 

I wouldn’t say that. I’m assuming Denver uses Bouye as a Nickel corner. The position he was an All-Pro with on the Texans. He apparently sucked hard on the outside for the Jags. 

Allbright just mentioned that it takes them out of the running for Jones.

Also said Jags looking to trade Foles. Have to imagine the Jags will be sending a high draft pick with Foles. Pretty much what the Texans did with Brock a couple years ago 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Allbright just mentioned that it takes them out of the running for Jones.

Also said Jags looking to trade Foles. Have to imagine the Jags will be sending a high draft pick with Foles. Pretty much what the Texans did with Brock a couple years ago 

Yeah no way anyone takes that Foles contract unless you give the team taking him a Early/Mid 2nd Round pick. Gonna be hard for them. Was a horrible signing last year anyways. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

This is why PFF is garbage. Bouye was a Top 15 corner according to them and Jag fans are throwing a party in their sub and treating Bouye like he’s a poor mans DJ Hayden. 

While I detest PFF, Probably should take with a grain of salt. Fans always try to downplay it when losing a good player. And that organization is a mess, player outright saying they don't want to play there, asking for trades, etc. Not a model franchise custom to winning. 

Bouye was great and slipped off last season. Most likely, like the rest of that defense because lack of motivation. He's seen as a good guy and leader in the locker room. Denver got a solid young CB for a late 4th round pick. In Fangios defense, he will most likely excel.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Jags always winners of FA only to cut/trade guys a couple off seasons later. 

Loser organization just like Washington. Try to buy good teams but the losing culture always prevails. Washington, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland all have this culture problem. Hoping Las Vegas sheds that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t say that. I’m assuming Denver uses Bouye as a Nickel corner. The position he was an All-Pro with on the Texans. He apparently sucked hard on the outside for the Jags. 

It might not definitely take them out of the running for Jones,,, but it looks like it should 

They have Callahan, a slot CB, counting almost 8M in cap and get almost no savings from cutting him.  Bouye’s costing them 13M.  Kareem Jackson costs 14M.  I could be wrong but ID assume adding Jones at 15-16M is too rich for their blood.        It’s very hard to spend 55M +\- on 5 secondary players.

• Like 2