Around The League V.2

Totty

We apparently almost traded for Yannick during the draft.....

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-colts-jaguars-titans-14/

“the Jaguars.... will have to take what they can get for Ngakoue at some point”.

I wonder if he ends up being traded for a 3rd round pick like Clowney?

Im honestly not even too interested in him personally given the contract cost.  I’d rather save the money.

in other News Patriots got sanctioned finally:

https://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-fined-1-1m-lose-2021-3rd-rd-pick-for-videotaping-incident-last-year/

On 01/07/2020 at 1:19 AM, jimkelly02 said:

We apparently almost traded for Yannick during the draft.....

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-colts-jaguars-titans-14/

“the Jaguars.... will have to take what they can get for Ngakoue at some point”.

I wonder if he ends up being traded for a 3rd round pick like Clowney?

Im honestly not even too interested in him personally given the contract cost.  I’d rather save the money.

in other News Patriots got sanctioned finally:

https://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-fined-1-1m-lose-2021-3rd-rd-pick-for-videotaping-incident-last-year/

Hope we dont make any kind of move for Ngakoue, he's a very good pass rusher and initial thoughts are that he would obviously help the pass rush but..........

Id probably prefer Ferrell/Crosby plus say a 2nd round pick (that's if we could even get him for a 2nd) plus the 16+ million dollars. I'm not sure if he'd be a negative influence in the locker room but he does come across as a bit of a malcontent, albeit the Jags are horrible at man management and probably instigated his situation. We're not quite there yet so let's keep our powder dry for next off season where we can make a few select FA additions to put us right in the running.

• Like 2

Saw something on twitter that there is a belief that the NFL will ask fans to sign a waiver to attend games. If this happens this is the ultimate we don’t care about what the media says. NBA who always care about what the media says would never do this. 

and I bet if this happens NFL stadiums will be packed like normal .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Hope we dont make any kind of move for Ngakoue, he's a very good pass rusher and initial thoughts are that he would obviously help the pass rush but..........

Id probably prefer Ferrell/Crosby plus say a 2nd round pick (that's if we could even get him for a 2nd) plus the 16+ million dollars. I'm not sure if he'd be a negative influence in the locker room but he does come across as a bit of a malcontent, albeit the Jags are horrible at man management and probably instigated his situation. We're not quite there yet so let's keep our powder dry for next off season where we can make a few select FA additions to put us right in the running.

Exactly... I’d much rather develop Crosby and Ferrell (and hopefully Key becomes a nice DPR (I’m both optimistic yet pessimistic this happens) plus Nassib.  Maybe If we didn’t give Nassib that deal I’d be more open to the idea, but still not sold.  I just don’t believe it’s usually worth trading high picks for players.  The pick + cap it costs to get the player is usually to almost always better used getting a high draft pick on a rookie deal and then signing a UFA.  It’s just basic opportunity cost.  The only time it’s worth it is if you trade for a player whose signed for multiple years below market value.... such as Pitt trading a first for Minkah Fitzpatrick, who was locked up on a rookie deal for 3 more years plus the option year AND Miami was responsible for the SB (10M of his 4y,$16.4M contract...which is 60+%) which meant Pitt got him for cap hits of 1.0M to 2.7M for those 3 years.

The player would have to be significantly better than the other players available in FA to spend the cash that he’ll cost to resign plus give a pick to trade for.  Yes, TOP young Players at premium positions like QB, LT, and DE don’t often make it to FA but as seen with Mack, having an elite DE doesn’t win you many games on its own.

Sure, guys like Mack and Ngakoue don’t often make it to FA, but plenty of very good players do.  I’d even add that with the premium or “market setting contracts” these top players command a team is better off signing a top available FA given the fact that they cost less.  Sure the Franchise Tag type players contribute more (in theory at least), but difference in salaries between the two types of players can be used to sign another player and the combined contributions probably outweigh the single “elite” player, not to mention the high draft pick who Is locked up for 4+1 years at far,far below market value.

• Like 1

If they were going to change the name it should have happened long ago. I don't find it offensive (Seneca Iroquois heritage but not enough to matter, just enough to be proud of) so I don't think they should change it but I like the 'Warriors' idea or just go with 'Hogs' as a reference to the past Oline name and the amount of 'pork' politicians stuff into everything. 

• Like 1

I just removed a lot of posts that violate our forum rules.  Please keep the political and racial comments off the forum. The next time warnings will be issued.  If you have comments or questions about forum administration please PM your moderator.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 10:56 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agree with Webby. Let's try to keep things off politics and to football.

All love tho

Quick question but are we allowed to talk about things involving the team or just what takes place on the field.  There are plenty of off field discussions on this board.  A team changing its name is a football related subject.  I understand discussing whether it is racist or not is off limits but discussing what they could do seems football related.  I am willing to drop the entire subject regardless because it is the Redskins and who cares unless we are discussing Super Bowl 18.  Just for future reference just in case Incognito forgets to take his meds and goes off the deep end sometime this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Quick question but are we allowed to talk about things involving the team or just what takes place on the field.  There are plenty of off field discussions on this board.  A team changing its name is a football related subject.  I understand discussing whether it is racist or not is off limits but discussing what they could do seems football related.  I am willing to drop the entire subject regardless because it is the Redskins and who cares unless we are discussing Super Bowl 18.  Just for future reference just in case Incognito forgets to take his meds and goes off the deep end sometime this season.

As long as you're relating them back to football, e.g. how COVID-19 will affect players ability to play. Not whether it's ethical to allow it or not (which is a more important question, but not relevant to a football message board).