Around The League V.2

Totty

46 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Everyone needs to stop bringing up 2016.  Plenty of average QBs that have 1 great year.  2016 was more about the ball bouncing our way every single time.  

Facts. See Dak Prescott 2016, Andy Dalton 2015...hell even Blake Freaking Bortles threw 35 touchdowns 3 years ago. It happens every year where an average QB plays above his head.

Nearly every single thing about that 2016 team has been exposed as fraudulent. But yet, for some reason certain Raider fans refuse to believe maybe Carr isnt that guy. Maybe he isnt that MVP guy we thought he was in 2016. Maybe hes the guy hes shown us those other 4 years - which is a solid, slightly above average Quarterback that you can potentially win with IF everything around him is perfect. Maybe hes not that type of QB to elevate his team. 

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

There is a huge difference in a rookie QB that is known for playing running style and had that taken away from him due to injury and a QB that has always been a pocket/quick thrower finally having a good team/offensive coaching around him and performing well compared to when he doesn't.

But good try.

How about Andy Dalton 2015. Should Bengal fans continue to bring that up.

I like Carr and hope he gets better.  I would love for him to be our QB but I must also be willing to move on.  He has red flags but it is not to late for him to improve.  He is coming up to his prime years though so we need to see him improve and not just get better because the team around him gets better.  Most people in general get better as their environment supports them better.  A top player should improve regardless but still prone to having a down year sometimes.  So to be clear Carr should get better even if his team does not improve and should improve at a higher rate than the team around him if he is the leader and highest paid player.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

How about Andy Dalton 2015. Should Bengal fans continue to bring that up.

I don't know. I don't know his story or stat well enough to judge. I know the circumstances in which Carr played then and the circumstances he is playng in now, which is what is at issue.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Facts. See Dak Prescott 2016, Andy Dalton 2015...hell even Blake Freaking Bortles threw 35 touchdowns 3 years ago. It happens every year where an average QB plays above his head.

Nearly every single thing about that 2016 team has been exposed as fraudulent. But yet, for some reason certain Raider fans refuse to believe maybe Carr isnt that guy. Maybe he isnt that MVP guy we thought he was in 2016. Maybe hes the guy hes shown us those other 4 years - which is a solid, slightly above average Quarterback that you can potentially win with IF everything around him is perfect. Maybe hes not that type of QB to elevate his team. 

Come on every quarterback needs things to be perfect around him.

look at Patrick Mahomes, Great TE, RB, WR 

Tom Brady Great TE, WR

Ben Roethlisberger Great RB 2 WRs

Do I need to go on 

Derek Carr has nothing.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I like Carr and hope he gets better.  I would love for him to be our QB but I must also be willing to move on.  He has red flags but it is not to late for him to improve.  He is coming up to his prime years though so we need to see him improve and not just get better because the team around him gets better.  Most people in general get better as their environment supports them better.  A top player should improve regardless but still prone to having a down year sometimes.  So to be clear Carr should get better even if his team does not improve and should improve at a higher rate than the team around him if he is the leader and highest paid player.

And how do you judge whether he is better when he has a new offense every year, a steadily declining supporting cast and has played thru injuries as a QB...

Every statement you make can be seen the other way.

We all want the team to be better and I want Carr to be able to showcase his arm, big play ability, leadership, mastery of the offense but for him to be able to do that he needs stability, continuity and decent play makers that fit the system.

Amari is dat dude. Like I always said and most u argued. Haters. Misused, under used. Now he's pumped up and better than any first rounder this year at wr. 

But still fair trade and I'm not mad about it. 

• Like 1