Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

It’s one guy on the offensive line who will probably have a one year contract for vet minimum. He could even just be a camp body as well. 

While I agree with everything you said I think the counter point also holds weight. What do you do when he comes in and looks good in camp but starts making waves or has another mod swing "incident"?

I'm all for second chances but you have to think about this guys health FOR HIM at this point. I posted this link in the the other thread but here it is again. Does this sound like a guy that needs another 20-50 mini concussions?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24436462/richie-incognito-charged-making-threats

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

It’s one guy on the offensive line who will probably have a one year contract for vet minimum. He could even just be a camp body as well. 

I’m including AB in that.  Great player, but the way he handled leaving Pitt and Juju was pretty childish.  Then add in Burfict and it makes even less sense.

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

You really think Incognito is gonna play for the vet minimum $1m ? More likely he signs a bigger contract that isn’t guaranteed unless he makes the opening day roster surely? 

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

While I agree with everything you said I think the counter point also holds weight. What do you do when he comes in and looks good in camp but starts making waves or has another mod swing "incident"?

I'm all for second chances but you have to think about this guys health FOR HIM at this point. I posted this link in the the other thread but here it is again. Does this sound like a guy that needs another 20-50 mini concussions?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24436462/richie-incognito-charged-making-threats

I think that protecting Carr is a top priority and the Raiders are prepared to make a deal with the devil if it allows them to do that. He’s crazy but he’s good at what he does. 

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

I’m including AB in that.  Great player, but the way he handled leaving Pitt and Juju was pretty childish.  Then add in Burfict and it makes even less sense.

AB is probably the best at his position so it’s worth the risk. Burfict is more familiarity with guenther. But keep in Mind that neither are long term players for the Raiders. The guys they drafted are the foundation going forward and will be leaders of tomorrow. 

41 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You really think Incognito is gonna play for the vet minimum $1m ? More likely he signs a bigger contract that isn’t guaranteed unless he makes the opening day roster surely? 

With his history and the fact he retired and then unretired i doubt that anyone is going to pay more than minimum. 

Dwayne Haskins and his dad are starting a brand similar to BBB which will be called HH. 

He also said this about the Raiders a mere two years ago: “The Raiders are most likely the worst team at drafting players it’s actually hilarious.”

Yeah I think we dodged a bullet here. The only thing I’ve been praising about Haskins all off season is his character (extremely overrated prospect, been calling him a poor mans Carr all off season and I’m not big on Carr to begin with) and I was dead wrong about that. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dwayne Haskins and his dad are starting a brand similar to BBB which will be called HH. 

He also said this about the Raiders a mere two years ago: “The Raiders are most likely the worst team at drafting players it’s actually hilarious.”

Yeah I think we dodged a bullet here. The only thing I’ve been praising about Haskins all off season is his character (extremely overrated prospect, been calling him a poor mans Carr all off season and I’m not big on Carr to begin with) and I was dead wrong about that. 

Is he wrong though?  Outside of 2014 it’s true.

• Like 1

This is why the Raiders  traded Mack and Cooper and didn’t draft any players with the same agent.

Hill pegs the floor on a Cooper deal at $16 million a year and reports the receiver’s demands to this point have been “shockingly high.” Should that remain the case, the franchise tag could come into play after the 2019 season and using it would be a far easier choice if they are able to wrap up a deal with Prescott.

16 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

This is why the Raiders  traded Mack and Cooper and didn’t draft any players with the same agent.

Hill pegs the floor on a Cooper deal at $16 million a year and reports the receiver’s demands to this point have been “shockingly high.” Should that remain the case, the franchise tag could come into play after the 2019 season and using it would be a far easier choice if they are able to wrap up a deal with Prescott.

Get that money, Coop. 🤘 they basically HAVE to pay him because they gave up a first for him.

Dallas isnt in an enviable situation right now..already gave DLaw 100 million.. still have to pay Dak 30 mill a year, Coop 18+, and then Zeke is coming up next year along with Byron Jones and Jaylon Smith.

• Like 1