Around The League V.2

Totty

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chris Long retires. Darn, I would have loved him as a stop-gap for a season. Still a good rotation guy and the definition of a savvy vet. Congrats on the long career.

I really wanted him when he came out, he was basically the Nick Bosa of that draft. He didn’t have a hall of fame type career, but he was still good. Personally i think he should be remembered for his off the field work in Philadelphia when donated his game checks. Great guy 10/10 i wish he was a Raider. 

• Like 2

Big Cat would be great, but would only give up 1 of our 2 thirds next season. Basically the 'comp' pick they'd be getting if he signs elsewhere. He's going to be big money and I think the plan is to outscore our opponents. LOL

6 hours ago, G said:

Big Cat would be great, but would only give up 1 of our 2 thirds next season. Basically the 'comp' pick they'd be getting if he signs elsewhere. He's going to be big money and I think the plan is to outscore our opponents. LOL

And you're only getting one year of him before he hit FA.

Next year I expect him to command a 5 year 75 mil contract if he has a similar year to last year.

Is that something we'd give him now to keep him long term and decide how the money hit our cap?

I think the only way I'd be cool with us trading for him is if we signed him long term.

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hahaha I joked about this a while ago. Would be sweet if true...

If he can play next to Hurst i am down! He loves the Raiders id give up a 3rd for him

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

And you're only getting one year of him before he hit FA.

Next year I expect him to command a 5 year 75 mil contract if he has a similar year to last year.

Is that something we'd give him now to keep him long term and decide how the money hit our cap?

I think the only way I'd be cool with us trading for him is if we signed him long term.

Yes it's only if were willing to pay him. If contract is 100% Nevada taxes, then it will look even more attractive. If I were him and got traded, I'd buy a cheap condo in Vegas ASAP and call it my residence now so no confusion and also shows a desire to sign a deal next season with us.

Funny thing is I thought Carr, Cooper and Mack all should have bought condos next to each other as soon as Vegas was announced but good thing they didn't. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, G said:

If contract is 100% Nevada taxes,

It can't be 100 % Nevada or anywhere else, because the players pay state taxes in each state they play games in.
So each year its slightly different, depending on the schedule. It would be 50% Nevada, which is nice for the players.
Not sure how they handle taxes for games in UK/Mexico

46 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

It can't be 100 % Nevada or anywhere else, because the players pay state taxes in each state they play games in.
So each year its slightly different, depending on the schedule. It would be 50% Nevada, which is nice for the players.
Not sure how they handle taxes for games in UK/Mexico

I just looked into it and it is like most tax issues a little complicated.  In the UK the game checks are taxed by them but the players can use a tax credit in the US for taxes paid in the UK.  This credit however only applies to money made in the UK so since they have a higher tax rate the US athlete will pay more in taxes.  Also the UK has a tax rule formula that any endorsement money made by a player is also taxable.  The percentage of days training + days competing in the UK is the same percentage of all endorsements they are allowed to tax.  I have always wondered why teams do not go over their sooner to get acclimated but this makes a lot of since now because a week spent in the UK would allow them to tax roughly 5% of endorsements no matter where the money was earned.  The UK has a peak 50% tax rate so this is substantial.  I also read that the the UK will allow concessions to these tax laws to attract big sporting events like soccer tournaments and the 2012 Olympics but I do not know if they have a deal with the NFL.

• Like 2