Around The League V.2

Totty

On 5/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, raidr4life said:

So it begins...

Nick Bosa was clutching his right hamstring following a pass rush drill. He appears to be done for the rest of practice. We’ll have updates on who practiced, who didn’t later this afternoon. #49ers

49ers’ first-round pick Nick Bosa has a grade-1 hamstring strain that will sideline him a few weeks, or likely to training camp.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, top 2 LT in the league wants out.  He is owed roughly $30 million over the next 2 years and would give us possibly the best O-line in the league.  He is 30 so still has something left in the tank.  Do you try and trade for him or stick to developing Miller with playing time.  Would leave us with $3-4 million in cap space and little flexibility if someone goes down.  Would also leave us with $25 million next year minus rookie contracts.  What do you do and if you are willing to trade for him what do you offer? 

I made a mistake.  He would only cost $24 million over the next 2 years and his dead money is less than $2 million next year if something happens with his head.

Edited by drfrey13

45 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Alright, top 2 LT in the league wants out.  He is owed roughly $30 million over the next 2 years and would give us possibly the best O-line in the league.  He is 30 so still has something left in the tank.  Do you try and trade for him or stick to developing Miller with playing time.  Would leave us with $3-4 million in cap space and little flexibility if someone goes down.  Would also leave us with $25 million next year minus rookie contracts.  What do you do and if you are willing to trade for him what do you offer? 

I made a mistake.  He would only cost $24 million over the next 2 years and his dead money is less than $2 million next year if something happens with his head.

Who are you talking about?

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Trent Williams.  It is just a rumor.  Wanted to know opinions about the situation.

No way we go after him. Just gave the biggest O-line contract in history to Brown and have invested time and big resources in to Miller.

We have bigger needs than a T imo.

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Trent Williams.  It is just a rumor.  Wanted to know opinions about the situation.

Would be tempting. But I'd rather give Miller another season to see what he can do. I love OL. But 2 high priced OL killing the salary cap would be hard to swallow.

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No way we go after him. Just gave the biggest O-line contract in history to Brown and have invested time and big resources in to Miller.

We have bigger needs than a T imo.

We definitely do but nobody to spend our cap on right now.  It was just something that we could do.  Williams - Incognito - Hudson - Jackson - Brown  Could Cable really screw that up?  I could be the O line coach and 3 of them still end up in the pro bowl.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We definitely do but nobody to spend our cap on right now.  It was just something that we could do.  Williams - Incognito - Hudson - Jackson - Brown  Could Cable really screw that up?  I could be the O line coach and 3 of them still end up in the pro bowl.

Williams is already 30 though. We're getting younger and cheaper overall. Miller certainly can make a big leap. I think we'll see him play better than he did pre injury last year, which could be pretty good. He did a solid job on Garrett before his knee got hurt.