Around The League V.2

Totty

10 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I really dont take anything you or Frankie say about Carr serious, it's just a bunch of blabbering excuses for Carr and why he has underperformed. 

No continuity or supporting cast is "blabbering excuses", but calling Carr hot trash is what exactly?

Man I can't wait until the season. This will be so fun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

So tyrod Taylor type #s...for 25 mill. K

You really brought up Carr improving a broken down Jordy Nelson's #s when the prior year he had Brett Hundley throwing him the ball. 😭 small victories, I guess. The only receiver you could remotely argue Carr elevated is Jared Cook. He didnt elevate Crabtree by much, if at all.

Crabtree in SF averaged (excluding the year he tore his Achilles) 65 REC, 808 Yards, 6 Touchdowns.

3 years in Oakland he averaged 77 Rec, 847 Yards, 8 Touchdowns. 

And remember, in SF Crabtree played in a run first offense with a running QB in Kap. Slight uptick in TD catches, but for the most part Crab was the same guy hes always been. 

Coop's success in Dallas looks pretty damning on Carr's behalf at the moment .There were weeks and months where Carr wouldn't even look Coops way instead opting throwing the ball to Seth Roberts. Then all of a sudden coop goes to Dallas and looks like a top 7 WR in the league mid season. He even stopped dropping passes. So yeah, it looks away right now. Sorry but it does until Carr proves he can successfully build a rapport with a WR.

Indeed we will. And I agree on you with AB. He's undeniably a top 2 WR in the game, currently on one of the most productive streaks ever for a WR in NFL history and has a chance to be a HOF. Acquiring a talent like that puts even more pressure on Carr because there litterally arent anymore excuses. 

Imagine thinking acquiring antonio brown means more pressure on Carr...

You can't make this up.

AB will make Carr's job easier but the pressure to perform will be greater because he will be held to a higher standard.  If he has a year like last you Carr will have to shoulder the blame more so then last year.  I believe that is what was meant and it is not hard to imagine the FO having a similar perspective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

AB will make Carr's job easier but the pressure to perform will be greater because he will be held to a higher standard.  If he has a year like last you Carr will have to shoulder the blame more so then last year.  I believe that is what was meant and it is not hard to imagine the FO having a similar perspective.

Yeah but this is under the assumption that he has a bad year.

He was literally set up to fail over the past 8 weeks. Let's see how he does with the additions of Brown, Williams, Jacobs, Trent Brown, Renfrow, etc. 

I think you won't find one person on this sub, including me who will defend Carr if he has a year like he did last year with that cast. But what are the odds of that? Not great if you ask me.

On 6/26/2019 at 3:56 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

So tyrod Taylor type #s...for 25 mill. K - Yeah, definitely not the stats you want to see.  However, this is the exact point being made about Coop with a 17 mil salary for 40 ypg or whatever. Either you bash them both or you're ok with both. Otherwise you're just picking your side every time and not being consistent or honest.

You really brought up Carr improving a broken down Jordy Nelson's #s when the prior year he had Brett Hundley throwing him the ball. 😭 small victories, I guess. The only receiver you could remotely argue Carr elevated is Jared Cook. He didnt elevate Crabtree by much, if at all.- Yeah, you completely glossed over the fact that all of those guys had career years with Carr. I never mentioned career averages. They had career years with him. Except Nelson of course.

Crabtree in SF averaged (excluding the year he tore his Achilles) 65 REC, 808 Yards, 6 Touchdowns. 2 of his best 3 seasons with Carr, you can't refute that. It's fact.

3 years in Oakland he averaged 77 Rec, 847 Yards, 8 Touchdowns. Still better.

And remember, in SF Crabtree played in a run first offense with a running QB in Kap. Slight uptick in TD catches, but for the most part Crab was the same guy hes always been. - By that logic Coop should have had even better numbers in Oakland because Dallas is a run oriented offense.  Really stretching.

Coop's success in Dallas looks pretty damning on Carr's behalf at the moment .There were weeks and months where Carr wouldn't even look Coops way instead opting throwing the ball to Seth Roberts. Then all of a sudden coop goes to Dallas and looks like a top 7 WR in the league mid season. He even stopped dropping passes. So yeah, it looks away right now. Sorry but it does until Carr proves he can successfully build a rapport with a WR. - This is the big problem.  If I told you your starting RB had 1,200 yards this year you'd be stoked.  However, if I told you he gained 800 yards in 4 games and 400 yards in 12 games, would you still be stoked?  Because that's what Coop is.

Indeed we will. And I agree on you with AB. He's undeniably a top 2 WR in the game, currently on one of the most productive streaks ever for a WR in NFL history and has a chance to be a HOF. Acquiring a talent like that puts even more pressure on Carr because there litterally arent anymore excuses. 

Edited by true2form

For whatever reason I am not able to quote on this site so this is for @MrOaktown_56.  I do not think Carr will have a year like last year and think the team overall should do well after some early season growing pains.  I think he only runs into problems if AB decides he is not getting enough looks.

• Like 1

take away 2 big games and his stats were pedestrian, period.  people blamed the drops on carrs throws (total joke) crabs proved it wasn't carrs throws. brown seems to be catching carrs throws just fine.lol (and Williams, and waller, and cook, and Richard etc.lol) carr haters wont be satisfied until hes either dumped or wins the mvp.lol apparently no in between it seems.lol   I didn't like losing cooper at all, but he WAS very inconsistent, and that didn't change in dallas YET.  comparing cooper to brown is a joke, imo. on a separate note, exactly how much slack does KC get? I mean cmon, if hill was a raider, hed be done for the year, the press would be calling for everyones head in Oakland , child abuse agencies would be lining up pitchforks and torches ready...… yet the league is apparently taking its time and looking for every reason to not deal with this swiftly and properly. what a joke, im waay over the hate we receive (espn, the constant scheduling garbage, etc.) but is clark hunt performing secret favors for the commish? he must be excellent at it because this lack of discipline and justice is waaaay wrong. he probably gets 4 to 6 wks and should get a yr imo because of previous problems. the league always has and always will play favorites.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I said 4 earlier this week and looks like that will be correct unfortunately. 4 games is a slap in the face. Hunt got 8 games. It doesn’t add up. 

If there was a video of Hill breaking the kids arm the punishment would be more severe.  IF there was video of Peterson hitting his kid he would have received a greater suspension also.  The biggest factor is video.  I said it before that I do not wish injury on opposing players and I do not want my players to do stupid things but the first time Hill comes over the middle I will not mind Burfict getting a 2 game suspension.  Mahomes can still be holding the ball when Burfict hits Hill and I will not care.