Around The League V.2

Totty

On 6/27/2019 at 5:16 PM, NJ Raider said:

Hill is a scumbag, plain and simple. Should have never even made it into the league.

Everybody should be allowed into the league and then it becomes more obvious what it costs to be a scumbag. You get opportunities and at some point those opportunities dry out. At that point you'd hope the creep away into the night but usually you'll hear about them again doing worse because they lost 'hope'

Add me to the Carr Homer club and my excuse is injury related (in his head so he folds after seeing his brothers career) and losing his best friend (Mack) Cable SUCKS and made his protection worse. Cable is still here so I don't think either Brown will look good. Trent will be exposed and AB will get pissed when Carr can't extend the play like Ben.

Cooper is a very good WR but didn't have chemistry with Carr. He made so spectacular plays for us and some drops that were right on the money, so inconsistent but very good when on.

Carr, Cooper, Mack I'll always support even off this team. They gave me hope for our future and with Vegas in mind I wanted the choir boys setting examples for the rest of the team...They are not scumbags and that made the move to Vegas easier in my mind.

We MUST WIN our first 2 games. Chargers and KC will take an early lead and we need to build some confidence with our schedule. Denver is all new and KC is not the same as last years team opening season. Hunt gave the balance (gone) and Hill was quick strike lightning in a bottle (expect suspended) plus KC's D will need to gel so that early week 2 game MUST be ours. We need to come out hot and expect Gruden to focus on AB to keep him happy. If we lose and Pitt wins with JuJu having better stats then expect AB to start making noise. Which is good because it will shine a light on us and see what changes need to be made. Williams is the perfect #2 to AB as he won't take the spotlight as JuJu did.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:47 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

I really dont take anything you or Frankie say about Carr serious, it's just a bunch of blabbering excuses for Carr and why he has underperformed. 

Carr needs to play better there is no question but being ignorant to the fact he hasn't had same offense more than once until isn't great for QB development.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 11:49 PM, G said:

Everybody should be allowed into the league and then it becomes more obvious what it costs to be a scumbag. You get opportunities and at some point those opportunities dry out. At that point you'd hope the creep away into the night but usually you'll hear about them again doing worse because they lost 'hope'

Add me to the Carr Homer club and my excuse is injury related (in his head so he folds after seeing his brothers career) and losing his best friend (Mack) Cable SUCKS and made his protection worse. Cable is still here so I don't think either Brown will look good. Trent will be exposed and AB will get pissed when Carr can't extend the play like Ben.

Cooper is a very good WR but didn't have chemistry with Carr. He made so spectacular plays for us and some drops that were right on the money, so inconsistent but very good when on.

Carr, Cooper, Mack I'll always support even off this team. They gave me hope for our future and with Vegas in mind I wanted the choir boys setting examples for the rest of the team...They are not scumbags and that made the move to Vegas easier in my mind.

We MUST WIN our first 2 games. Chargers and KC will take an early lead and we need to build some confidence with our schedule. Denver is all new and KC is not the same as last years team opening season. Hunt gave the balance (gone) and Hill was quick strike lightning in a bottle (expect suspended) plus KC's D will need to gel so that early week 2 game MUST be ours. We need to come out hot and expect Gruden to focus on AB to keep him happy. If we lose and Pitt wins with JuJu having better stats then expect AB to start making noise. Which is good because it will shine a light on us and see what changes need to be made. Williams is the perfect #2 to AB as he won't take the spotlight as JuJu did.

Mack essentially forced his way out. I don't blame him, as it's a business. But it doesn't mean I need to support him either. I couldn't care less what he does now.

Cooper I was fine with until he started taking shots at us. He's certainly dead to me now. Mack at least hasn't trashed the team.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mack essentially forced his way out. I don't blame him, as it's a business. But it doesn't mean I need to support him either. I couldn't care less what he does now.

Cooper I was fine with until he started taking shots at us. He's certainly dead to me now. Mack at least hasn't trashed the team.

Yeah but Cooper wasn't wrong.. he wasn't being used right here. But he was also never truly happy here. 

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Yeah but Cooper wasn't wrong.. he wasn't being used right here. But he was also never truly happy here. 

Yeah he was giving up on routes and pouting. If he didn't do that, I would be more ok with it. Also yeah I agree, he never had the enthusiasm here that he does with Dallas. 

On 30/06/2019 at 12:23 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:
On 29/06/2019 at 7:14 PM, roi34 said:

Carr needs to play better there is no question but being ignorant to the fact he hasn't had same offense more than once until isn't great for QB development.

Nothing we can do about that now. It's a make or break year for him here. 

Why does it have to be so black and white? Make or break? I think if we're sensible and realistic (and hopefully our FO is) we'll have a better year but we're still only really an average team so I'd expect some steady to good play from Carr while improving cohesion with and all new receiving core. Maybe in playoff or wildcard contention until late in the season. Add some more high draft picks next draft and good FA and then we really do have to make a push with Vegas being highly publicised and the story of redemption to write.

For me, the coaching team is far more on the hot seat than Carr this year, we desperately need improvements in pass rush, overall defensive play and of course the OL play simply must improve. Cable usually seems to have a decent rushing attack and terrible pass blocking, kind of opposite the way the NFL has been moving for the last 20+ years :S 

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Why does it have to be so black and white? Make or break? I think if we're sensible and realistic (and hopefully our FO is) we'll have a better year but we're still only really an average team so I'd expect some steady to good play from Carr while improving cohesion with and all new receiving core. Maybe in playoff or wildcard contention until late in the season. Add some more high draft picks next draft and good FA and then we really do have to make a push with Vegas being highly publicised and the story of redemption to write.

For me, the coaching team is far more on the hot seat than Carr this year, we desperately need improvements in pass rush, overall defensive play and of course the OL play simply must improve. Cable usually seems to have a decent rushing attack and terrible pass blocking, kind of opposite the way the NFL has been moving for the last 20+ years :S 

Here’s the thing about Carr though, a lot is stacked against him as far as being “the guy”. The team is moving to LV, and they might want to have a new start at QB. I can assure you if the team goes 4-12 and there’s a high profile guy coming out the Raiders will certainly be thinking about drafting a guy. Carr is also on his second contract, if he doesn’t show progress in the system the team will probably look for a younger cheaper option. Carr is a great guy but he hasn’t really produced in recent seasons. This is also the only year the Raiders have 2 firsts which you’d basically need to trade up and get any QB they want. Now or never is coming. 

23 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Here’s the thing about Carr though, a lot is stacked against him as far as being “the guy”. The team is moving to LV, and they might want to have a new start at QB. I can assure you if the team goes 4-12 and there’s a high profile guy coming out the Raiders will certainly be thinking about drafting a guy. Carr is also on his second contract, if he doesn’t show progress in the system the team will probably look for a younger cheaper option. Carr is a great guy but he hasn’t really produced in recent seasons. This is also the only year the Raiders have 2 firsts which you’d basically need to trade up and get any QB they want. Now or never is coming. 

Plus his contract is set up to where its it's basically year to year.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Plus his contract is set up to where its it's basically year to year.

Correct. At the end of the day he’s had one winning season and 0 playoff appearances. I like Carr and i think he could succeed, but the pressure is on this season. It is black and white. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Correct. At the end of the day he’s had one winning season and 0 playoff appearances. I like Carr and i think he could succeed, but the pressure is on this season. It is black and white. 

Agreed. And it would be an epic failure on Gruyocks behalf to possess 5 first round picks in two years, and not have full clarity on whether or not Carr's the long term guy or not to draft our QBOTF.

With this many assets, the QB position has to be secured long term. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Damn this sounds like you could have said the exact same thing this past draft.

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Agreed. And it would be an epic failure on Gruyocks behalf to possess 5 first round picks in two years, and not have full clarity on whether or not Carr's the long term guy or not to draft our QBOTF.

With this many assets, the QB position has to be secured long term. 

Or Carr could just get out of Oakland and succeed like everybody else because this coaching staff is so inept.