Around The League V.2

Totty

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Or Carr could just get out of Oakland and succeed like everybody else because this coaching staff is so inept.

Who are all of these players you speak of? This team has been so terrible, the players we have had stunk and when they go to another team they still stink.

You can't be referring to Mack. Mack was an all pro at multiple positions with us.  We didn't get rid of him because he was garbage and we all knew he would go on to flourish somewhere else.  He was already a great player with us and we had to move on bc he wanted to win and get paid top dollar.   We weren't going to win while he was here or pay him what the Bears did,  

I'm not sure I get your point or know what players you're referring to. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 hours ago, Chali21 said:

This is also the only year the Raiders have 2 firsts which you’d basically need to trade up and get any QB they want. Now or never is coming. 

We can always trade down for more picks in the next draft. If Carr does well enough that Management wants to keep him for one more run, then stacking the deck to get high picks in 2021 might be a better play. Even if a QB is available in 2020.

Carr is not going anywhere.  The team is moving to Las Vegas next year and they’re not gonna take a chance with a new quarterback who might be tempted by Vegas.  Think of it this way would you trust Baker Mayfield in Las Vegas? Say what you will about Carr that man has a real believe in God and doesn’t drink or gamble,  The perfect fit for Las Vegas. The Raiders need all the choir boys they can get for the move to Vegas.

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Damn this sounds like you could have said the exact same thing this past draft.

Kinda but with there being only one guy that’s franchise material in Murray and with all the holes on the team i couldn’t really see the Raiders taking a guy unless they traded up to 1. Carr now has 2 years in the system and one of the best WRs in the NFL. Next season the QB class looks better so i could see if Carr doesn’t produce the Raiders could be drafting a guy. 

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Carr is not going anywhere.  The team is moving to Las Vegas next year and they’re not gonna take a chance with a new quarterback who might be tempted by Vegas.  Think of it this way would you trust Baker Mayfield in Las Vegas? Say what you will about Carr that man has a real believe in God and doesn’t drink or gamble,  The perfect fit for Las Vegas. The Raiders need all the choir boys they can get for the move to Vegas.

Lol why is it just automatically assumed that your QB is going to be Manziel Russell  or Leaf. I mean there has literally only been those three in the last 20 years.

Baker would be fine in LV so would pretty much every other QB. Most QBs, successful ones, are all about being the best QB and grind at it. I think Brady has set the bar and any QB worth their salt are going to try to be the best and work at it. Baker may be real confrontational and rub people the wrong way but he’s not a partier. Besides Gruden and Mayock are going to look for obsessed insane guys to play for the Raiders. Sure Gruden wanted Manziel but I’m convinced that Mayock would talk him out of drafting another guy like that. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Lol why is it just automatically assumed that your QB is going to be Manziel Russell  or Leaf. I mean there has literally only been those three in the last 20 years.

Baker would be fine in LV so would pretty much every other QB. Most QBs, successful ones, are all about being the best QB and grind at it. I think Brady has set the bar and any QB worth their salt are going to try to be the best and work at it. Baker may be real confrontational and rub people the wrong way but he’s not a partier. Besides Gruden and Mayock are going to look for obsessed insane guys to play for the Raiders. Sure Gruden wanted Manziel but I’m convinced that Mayock would talk him out of drafting another guy like that. 

Sure

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/06/19/oklahoma-qb-baker-mayfield-pleads-guilty-to-three-charges-from-feb-25-arrest/?noredirect=on

Brett Favre have a problem with pain pills and went to rehab.

Big Ben had a drinking issue.

That’s 2 HOF QBs that would of had issues in Las Vegas.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Sure

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/06/19/oklahoma-qb-baker-mayfield-pleads-guilty-to-three-charges-from-feb-25-arrest/?noredirect=on

Brett Favre have a problem with pain pills and went to rehab.

Big Ben had a drinking issue.

That’s 2 HOF QBs that would of had issues in Las Vegas.

Absolutely true. 

But the league is different now, Brady, Manning and Brees changed things, Brady in particular. If you look at the last 10 years there’s only been about a guy or two who wouldn’t have succeeded. If you want to succeed and get paid you have to work hard and be obsessed. The draft is a crapshoot but there are certain things that stick out as red flags and teams can certainly avoid them. I mean teams do super extensive background checks on guys going as far back as high school. If a guy isn’t committed the team will know. Plus it looks like they want their long term guys to have a good character background which is a trait all of their first rounders share. 

Edited by Chali21

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Melvin Gordon hold out will look like what might have happened in the Mack situation if we did not trade him.  Will be different because of positional value  but the 5th year option issue wil be settled.  Will finally see how the CBA effects 5th year option players.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:53 AM, drfrey13 said:

Looks like the Melvin Gordon hold out will look like what might have happened in the Mack situation if we did not trade him.  Will be different because of positional value  but the 5th year option issue wil be settled.  Will finally see how the CBA effects 5th year option players.

It'll be interesting to see what they players will target with the next round of negotiations...

1 minute ago, NJ Raider said:

I wouldn’t mind if they traded him out of the division 

It would never happen but I would take him in a heart beat for the right price.  I wanted us to trade down and draft him and Dupree in 2015.  Cooper was my second choice so I was not angry.  I remember a lot of posters saying he was to slow.  Sucked to see him get injured the way he did.  Dumb coaching decision and they have a much better chance to defeat the Patriots if he is 100%.  10 rushes and 51 passes in New England during January is a recipe for disaster.

I expected this after last week or the week before when the whole conversation between hill and his gf was leaked. 

The NFL needs to do better on being consistent. What the NFL showed is that smoking weed is far more worse then threatening someone and having ur child say daddy did it. 

T.Hill escapes once again and hopefully for his children he becomes a better dad. 

This is the inconsistency that bothers a lot of people 

Edited by agarcia34

straight up bullsh*t!! what a flippin joke, this makes me sick, pissed ...all the above! and the post up above proves their bias! a player with a past with this crap... a team with a recent history of whitewashing this crap?... and goodell and the boys say "we don't have enough?" my sole and only hope is karma now....real karma. forget an acl or achilles or some crap  id wish for career ending, he doesn't deserve his opportunities... or to have 5 children.  that's a privilege, not a right.  yeah I said it , and I don't care if that seems harsh, tough sh*t!   what a sick joke the discipline dept just dropped on fans everywhere!

Edited by Devilshark69