Around The League V.2

Totty

42 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What do you guys think of Cooper's play in Dallas?  

I would say he was inconsistent, not worth a 1st and also will not be worth the 17 million he will get paid. 

I say he never played with that kind of fire while with us. Seemed to have a more subdued demeanor. I wonder if that was due to him always being on a winning team at Bama, wasn't use to losing and I think that reflected in his play while with us.

53 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would say he was inconsistent, not worth a 1st and also will not be worth the 17 million he will get paid. 

Lol

Including playoffs, the man had almost 70 catches, 900+ yards and 7 TDs in 11 games with Dallas in a run first offense he had to learn mid season. Had his best year ever catching the ball which was really one of his only major flaws as a player. 

If you can find a way to hate on what Amari did in Dallas, then god bless you. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Traded a top 5 pick for the 27th? And that's good? Ok.

Edited by Nodisrespect
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lol

Including playoffs, the man had almost 70 catches, 900+ yards and 7 TDs in 11 games with Dallas in a run first offense he had to learn mid season. Had his best year ever catching the ball which was really one of his only major flaws as a player. 

If you can find a way to hate on what Amari did in Dallas, then god bless you. 

It’s his contract year after he gets paid he’ll go back to the same player he was.

Trading Coop for the 27th pick looks a poor value deal now, Cowboys gonna reap the benefit for years.

With our receivers and cap space it would be a no brainer trading for him even at $17m.  . 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 2

I'm sorry but how is a first round pick (even if it was 31st) not great compensation for him? He is going to be top paid WR and he is not worth it, we get the cap space and a first for a rebuilding team. Would paying Cooper as highest contract WR a better option? Of course not.

They force fed him the ball since the day he arrived. Good for him that he figured out how to catch reliably, and had a great year for them. That said--we won that trade. You can listen to the talking heads ripping us now for cutting CJ Anderson (seriously....) but long-run this was a no brainer and has been every step of the way. It does look better for Dallas than it did on the day of the trade, but believe it or not both teams can benefit from a trade...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Explain first two years.. 

Also terrible post. Just a hater

Why do you think the Raiders traded Cooper because they didn’t want to deal with his agent this off-season and  possibly a hold out. Mack did the same thing with the same agent.

52 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I'm sorry but how is a first round pick (even if it was 31st) not great compensation for him? He is going to be top paid WR and he is not worth it, we get the cap space and a first for a rebuilding team. Would paying Cooper as highest contract WR a better option? Of course not.

They force fed him the ball since the day he arrived. Good for him that he figured out how to catch reliably, and had a great year for them. That said--we won that trade. You can listen to the talking heads ripping us now for cutting CJ Anderson (seriously....) but long-run this was a no brainer and has been every step of the way. It does look better for Dallas than it did on the day of the trade, but believe it or not both teams can benefit from a trade...

I completely agree.  I remember when we had DHB and he was on the field for every snap, forced fed the ball and ended up with 1k and 5 td's.  Everyone was saying how he had turned a corner and I was dumbfounded.  If you forced feed any WR the ball he will put up stats if he is on the field enough.  Even a worthless piece of trash like DHB has some big games just based on sheer volume.  I'm not saying that Cooper is DHB bc Cooper is clearly better but getting a first rounder and ridding ourselves of his soon to be bloated contract was a win.  I'm reading rumors that Pit is seeking a first for Brown and anyone who thinks Cooper is better than Brown needs to have their heads examined.  

Let's look at last night's game and what Cooper did.  Did he take over the game like a legit elite WR should?  No.  Did he make any tough contested catches?  No, actually Gallup made some tough contested catches and had a better game than Cooper.  

When Cooper gets the ball in his hands he is a threat but every catch he made last night was uncontested which was not really impressive.  He had the ball ripped from his hands late in the game and was very lucky to have it go out of bounds.  

Time will tell on Cooper but I still see an inconsistent WR who was over drafted and about to get paid a 17 a year which he is clearly is not worth that much considering you can find similar production for much cheaper. 

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Explain first two years.. 

Also terrible post. Just a hater

Why do you think the Raiders traded Cooper because they didn’t want to deal with his agent this off-season and  possibly a hold out. Mack did the same thing with the same agent.

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Guys Coooper had 725 yard in ten game with Dallas but 397 came in two game. Just like with the Raiders he disappeared for hole games.

Exactly my point when I said his play is inconsistent which is not indicative of and elite WR that so many people want to label Cooper.  

• Like 1