Around The League V.2

Totty

12 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

They usually are but with James being hurt for a year and Gordon being a hold out it’s leveling the playing field.

They don't need either of those players to beat the Raiders. Their offense is stellar and talented all over. And their defense is among the leagues best even without James. Ingram and Bosa are problems.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They don't need either of those players to beat the Raiders. Their offense is stellar and talented all over. And their defense is among the leagues best even without James. Ingram and Bosa are problems.

Maybe our offense can compete?  Or should we just assume T. Brown, T. Williams, AB84, J. Jacobs, and literally everyone else on our offense is a bunch of chumps?  Should the Raiders just forfeit?  I'm glad there aren't any Chargers fans on this forum to see this.  It would be all over twitter.  Saying Raiders fans already know we can't beat their team.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Chargers are a wildly better team. They have a better chance to get swept by the charges than split the series.  And Denver is more or less equal, but give me their defense to over Oakland's.

Offensively speaking, I like our weapons better than the chargers. Defense goes to chargers. But it's a division game, we always play them close and we've had way worse teams than this with worse playcalling.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

But we always play them tough even when they have all their guys.

• Like 1

All this mentioning of offensive weapons with no mention of the Oline having to keep the QB upright. As long as Tom Cable is a coach on this team, I will not buy this offense reaching any real potential. His system is outdated. He's proven a failure with multiple teams now producing a pass protecting Oline. 

You win upfront and that will be the Raiders undoing IMO until proven otherwise. I don't like Cable. There is no depth and Miller has to show he can protect Carrs blindside. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All this mentioning of offensive weapons with no mention of the Oline having to keep the QB upright. As long as Tom Cable is a coach on this team, I will not buy this offense reaching any real potential. His system is outdated. He's proven a failure with multiple teams now producing a pass protecting Oline. 

You win upfront and that will be the Raiders undoing IMO until proven otherwise. I don't like Cable. There is no depth and Miller has to show he can protect Carrs blindside. 

That reminds me Okung is hurt as well 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can't argue that, not cable fan. But maybe we have enough oline talent to cover it up?

Cable is a hot steaming pile.of garbage. He isn't doing us any favors but I believe that we have enough TALENT to ovdrcome it. 

I think Miller can be a serviceable, while over drafted, LT. 

I think Incognito when he gets back has some left in the tank for LG and Cooper can cover the first two weeks. 

Hudson is the best in the game.

Jackson will be out til after the bye. Devey and Good will fillin and be servicable not good or great. But will do enough. 

I liked Trent Brown in SF, was surprised they traded him. He clearly learned something while with the OL guru in NE. Hopefully he retained it. Hes talented thats for sure.

Carr has a quick release. He has 2 WR that are incredibly quick and can get open (Brown and Renefrow) as outlets. And a back (Jacobs) who is proficient in the pass game.

Watch the offense explode in year 2 with Carr and Gruden.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roi34 said:

Can't argue that, not cable fan. But maybe we have enough oline talent to cover it up?

All we can hope for. But didn't fair well a year ago despite a good interior. 

They need to keep Carr clean. Otherwise, he becomes skittish and starts being check down Charlie.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All we can hope for. But didn't fair well a year ago despite a good interior. 

They need to keep Carr clean. Otherwise, he becomes skittish and starts being check down Charlie.

I just try to convince myself a bit here:

KO and Gabe was injured most of the season, which made that good interior not so good and both of them also had struggling rookies on the outside in need of help...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roi34 said:

Offensively speaking, I like our weapons better than the chargers. Defense goes to chargers. But it's a division game, we always play them close and we've had way worse teams than this with worse playcalling.

The Raiders defense is what fails them. They aren’t very good until proven otherwise. The chargers have talent all over that defense. They can certainly slow the offense down. I can’t see the Raiders slowing down Rivers/Allen. I give the edge to the Chargers. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chali21 said:

The Raiders defense is what fails them. They aren’t very good until proven otherwise. The chargers have talent all over that defense. They can certainly slow the offense down. I can’t see the Raiders slowing down Rivers/Allen. I give the edge to the Chargers. 

Except our bad defenses have played them well many times.