Around The League V.2

Totty

Honestly I’m tired of hearing about the Patriots and Brady leading into the Super Bowl. Like they’ve been to the super bowl 3 of the last 4 years! I’ll take KC because it’s finally a team that doesn’t have Brady or Manning on it. I mean it’s been what 6 years since the Ravens went to the Super Bowl? Obviously I’m going for a NFC team but i certainly don’t want the patriots in it at all. 

17 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly I’m tired of hearing about the Patriots and Brady leading into the Super Bowl. Like they’ve been to the super bowl 3 of the last 4 years! I’ll take KC because it’s finally a team that doesn’t have Brady or Manning on it. I mean it’s been what 6 years since the Ravens went to the Super Bowl? Obviously I’m going for a NFC team but i certainly don’t want the patriots in it at all. 

ABC - Anyone but Chiefs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

ABC - Anyone but Chiefs.

This so much.

I'm hoping this is just the Chiefs in a situation like the Panthers or Falcons where 1 year they have everything fall in their place and they go deep in the playoffs but end up winning nothing.

The thought of the Chiefs winning it, or worse, the Chiefs winning it and being a SB contender the next decade with Mahomes makes me wanna puke.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think he's very good but also has been overrated. He was a basically finished product coming out of college with his pedigree and pass rush repertoire. Does that mean he's not a great pass rusher? No. But I don't think he's on the same level as Mack or Donald or Miller.

True but he is also a different player playing a different position then them. He is a good 4-3 base end. Mack and Miller are more OLB/EDGE players. He is more akin to Griifin or Lawrence.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do I believe Cooper had something to do with Dallas playing better yes as he was an upgrade over what they had a WR.  I also think LVE being thrust into a starting role when Lee went down had more to do with Dallas winning than Cooper.  With LVE in there the D went from average to above average as LVE was all over the field and a ball hawking LB.  I loved that guy coming out and he proved that we was a great selection at the bottom of the first round.  I doubt Lee comes back next season with Dallas.  

As for Cooper being a top 5 WR that is a flat out joke.  His skillset and the holes in his game put him no where close to the top 5.  I can name 20 WR's right now off the top of my head better than Cooper and the 17 million he will get paid is more reinforcement that we made the right move by getting ra 1st for him.  

Here's 20. A. Brown, NUK, Julio, Hill, JuJu, M. Thomas, Diggs, Thelin, Baldwin, Landry, Allen, Hilton, Evans, ODB, Adams, Corey Davis, Jeffery, Green, Kupp, Gordon.  I can keep going if you please but you get my point.  

Well we can agree to disagree.  But while I have your attention can you tell me what Cooper would have to do next year to be a top five WR and/or justify his big pay day if it is in the $15-18 range?

On a side note did you realize that all but JuJu and Corey Davis are older than Cooper and Davis is only 7 months younger. Even with our horrible team Cooper has still averaged 64 yards and 4.56 receptions a game.  That comes out to 1025 yards a season and 73 receptions.  Also since you like Michael Thomas, who I would take in a heart beat on this team, averages 9 yards per target in his career with Brees and Cooper has averaged 8.4 per target.  NUK 8.25, Jones 9.74, Evans 8.47, Hill 10, and JuJu 9.52.  Corey Davis is at 7.15 so you have both youngsters.  If you want to look at Cooper's numbers while with Dallas only he is at 9.54.  Not as good as Hill and Jones but better than NUK, Evans, Thomas, JuJu and Davis.  Now I understand Cooper may not look as impressive as these other WRs and you have to combine the eye test with stats but I think your perspective is clouding your judgment a little.  Cooper is a very efficient WR and I will take that over flashy all day long.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

I'd prefer seeing KC smash the Pats at Arrowhead (ABC -- Anyone But Cheaters), and then watch the Chiefs get manhandled by whoever wins the NFC Championship game. But I'll settle for the above.

I hate both KC and NE. KC is the lesser of two evils imo and they’re an AFC West team. I just can’t stomach another NE Superbowl. I want NO over LA because I’d like to see Brees get another ring. Mahommes and  Goff are still young and could win one later. So I’ll go with the sentimental pick of Brees over the young gun Mahommes. 

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Understand that if the Chiefs win Sunday they are winning the SB. The offense is a juggernaut--that we all know--but the defense is getting hot at the right time (and Berry will soon be back to help shore up the secondary).

I think the Saints and Rams can compete against there offense. I'm fine with either NFC team winning. My two most hated teams are the Chiefs and Patriots. I hope it's minor injury galore. Half of each of their teams go out for 3 weeks with scraped knees.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Understand that if the Chiefs win Sunday they are winning the SB. The offense is a juggernaut--that we all know--but the defense is getting hot at the right time (and Berry will soon be back to help shore up the secondary).

Little knee jerk here. They played one good game against the Colts. And outside TY (who was nicked up) the Colts really don't have a lot of play makers. 

NE made the Chargers defense who actually has been consistently good, run in circles lost. If we've learned anything it's that BB and Co. will have a game plan for their defense and how to limit Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Little knee jerk here. They played one good game against the Colts. And outside TY (who was nicked up) the Colts really don't have a lot of play makers. 

NE made the Chargers defense who actually has been consistently good, run in circles lost. If we've learned anything it's that BB and Co. will have a game plan for their defense and how to limit Mahomes. 

The Chargers played 0 LBs and got gashed through the run game all day because they refused to adjust. I'd put that more on Lynn than a credit to Belichick. KC defense isnt shut down but they arent the team that was porous most of the season. Houston and Ford continue to apply pressure which is the recipe. The secondary has really stepped up. Marlon Mack had a very solid year and was invisible too, you are forgetting that. And you're underselling TY, he's been nicked up and has consistently killed teams since mid-year. Stop. Colts won 10 of 11 before that game.

Where BB deserves credit is continuing to take the best player out of the game time and time again (Melvin Gordon). Not sure who he eliminates for KC, Kelce or Hill. But can't wait to see it.