Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Fans overvalue draft picks too much IMO. Ramsey is an All pro corner. A complete game changer on defense. I'd take that over 2 crapshoot draft picks personally. He has the ability to reshape the defense and take half the field away. 

Anyone remember Namdi? He shut down half the field and was a class act. How much did that translate into wins? The answer is zero winning seasons. 

As great as Ramsey is, i doubt very much he changes enough for the iron price the Raiders would pay. 

Sure the draft is a crapshoot but at the same time the Raiders have bigger needs at WR and DE which would really help this team out. Both positions are also deep in this draft as well. 

I’d trade for a third and no more. 

45 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Don't think I trade both because of the depth at WR in this draft and the need at WR. But i definitely trade one of them. 

Agree 100%. I was just commenting on BayRaiders Bears first and a 2021 2nd.

I would give that compensation in a heartbeat for an all pro talent.

24 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Anyone remember Namdi? He shut down half the field and was a class act. How much did that translate into wins? The answer is zero winning seasons. 

As great as Ramsey is, i doubt very much he changes enough for the iron price the Raiders would pay. 

Sure the draft is a crapshoot but at the same time the Raiders have bigger needs at WR and DE which would really help this team out. Both positions are also deep in this draft as well. 

Lazy argument... The Raiders had absolutely no resemblance of an offense in those years. And hardly any talent at all. 

The Raiders actually have talent in spots and their defense needs a tone setter on the backend who can run with KCs group of WRs. I'd rather have an elite CB, draft a WR/DE in a deep draft with other picks. More impact than 2 rookies that you don't know what they bring. 

A 3rd is laughable for an elite talent like Ramsey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Anyone remember Namdi? He shut down half the field and was a class act. How much did that translate into wins? 

I think NCough always preached this back in the day. I think our DB’s are good enough especially if we have a better pass rush. Keep both 1sts because even if they aren’t top 10 we could package them and maybe get in the 5-10 range to get DE stud or WR stud. Ramsey is worth the 16 million to sign but too much draft capital to get him. Our Two 3rds but they’ll want 1/3 not 3/3

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Wouldn't a lockdown corner like Ramsey help improve the pass rush though?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Wouldn't a lockdown corner like Ramsey help improve the pass rush though?

Yes it will for a team that is already providing a lot of pressure.  Right now this D is going to stop the run and try to scheme to stop the pass.  Once they figure out how to stop the run then they will start to work on the pass.  It sounds stupid that a professional team would have to do this but we were that bad.  We are worst in the league for passing yards allowed but 5th in rush yards allowed.  If Mahomes has an amazing 2nd quarter against us were he scores 2 tds and passes for 150 yards that would still be considered exceptional.  We would still in the bottom third in passing yards but our team defense in scoring is top five and overall yards ranked 16th.  The season is still young but we do not have the players up front to justify trading possible top ten draft assets for a CB.  If we had a DE that would be top ten in sacks and pressures then I would say yes but making the QB hold on to the ball for an extra second right now will not make much of a difference.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

If I'm a team trading for him, I say yo... here is our best off and he's not playing tonight.

Such a weird situation. Playing a game when you know you are getting traded tomorrow. 

Jax probably wants him to show out. Ramsey probably wants to stay healthy. So weird 

51 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

My god this is some top ten MySpace nonsense. 

lol... for real. When I see these reports, it cracks me up. Our society is currently at high school romance phase of evolution.

Ramsey and Abram tone in a secondary could be a ton of fun though..... that's a couple alpha dogs. 

Jon Gruden: Go get me Jalen Ramsey, man.

Mike Mayock: I don’t think that’s a wise decision. We need to spend a 1st on WR and EDGE. We have a Bottom 2 WR Core and a rotation of average guys starting opposite of Ferrell. 

Jon Gruden: Did you see Mahomes destroy us, man?

Mike Mayock: We had no pass rush and a lot of that was our backup FS giving up huge plays in the back end. Gareon Conley and Trayvon Mullen both can be Top 15 CBs in this league. 

Jon Gruden: Man, just offer both 1sts for Ramsey and see what happens, man. He’s a Gruden Grinder. 

Mike Mayock: Shut the f*** up Jon.