Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, G said:

Bringing him in now might undermine Olsen but I'm OK with that. Passing game cord with asst/HC title. Best would be Offensive consultant. 

Can't see it with Olsen and Morton both on staff, but that's me. Do we need to make the Raiders a family affair?

Off topic but seeing Adam Siciliano reminded me of a comment on Redzone yesterday. They were cutting back to the Charger game and the Charger game was showing live footage from the Santa Monica Pier and Sicillano said “And theres the Santa Monica Pier. Which is no where near this game”. His monotone delivery had me absolutely dying. @Silver&Black88 would appreciate this.  

I decided to watch the Chiefs Colts game since I was at work last night and I have to admit I am really confused.  Why was Burfict suspended other than to make an example out of him and what is pass interference.

First, the amazing TD by Mahomes ended with the WR laying on his back in the end when #30 Odum on the Colts jumps on top of him trying to knock the ball out.  The play was over and on the replay it is clear that he left his feet and lowered his helmet into a defenseless WR after the play had ended.  This play was also worse than the Burfict hit because the play was clearly over with the player on the ground.  If he was not in the end zone this is a clear case of just needing to touch the WR.  Of course there will be no suspension, fine, ejection, and was not even a foul.

Second how can it be pass interference when the WR never touched anyone?  That is like having a holding penalty on an o-line men for standing in front of a defensive linemen.  I am really confused how that could be seen as OPI with a review.  I see NE WRs do 10 times worse on a weekly basis and do not get called.  The NFL needs to figure this out or they will lose all credibility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Eh Kyle Shanahan is up there, but I wouldn't call him the best. Andy Reid would be on top of my list. 

Yeah #2 to Reid. I take Shanny all day over McVay, McDaniels, Gruden(s). 

Turned three offenses, three average QBs, minimal weapons outside of Julio, into three Top 5 Offenses. Anything he touches becomes great.