Around The League V.2

Totty

Chiefs - Still juggernaughts with Reid, Mahomes, Chris Jones, Kelce, etc. Easy 12+ win team. Top 2 Offense, Top 12-14 Defense. Run Defense is below average but Pass D looks very solid. 

Chargers - Tremendous Defense, I’d say Top 4 Overall. Stacked Top to Bottom. The Offense also looked way better with Herbert than Taylor. Great weapon core as well with Allen, Williams, and Henry. 

Raiders - Looks like a Top 6-7 Offense, Gruden looks like one of the best coaches this year, and the defense is bad but playing a bit better than expected. PG’s adjustments really shined against the Saints. 

Broncos - Look horrible. Defense has no Von Miller, but still a good defense, Top 12-13 still without him. Offense though looks absolutely atrocious. Lock seems to have regressed and they lost Courtland Sutton who IMO is a Top 10 WR. Looks like the Broncos are in for a long season. 

Overall, looks like the AFC West has three pretty good teams. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Long ways out but if the NYJ are in a position to draft TL sign me up for making a move for Darnold. 

He is not the problem in NY and I think he would thrive under Gruden. Probably take some heat for that but kid can play. I believe he was Mayocks QB1 that year too. 

Meh. I agree that Darnold is pretty good and would be better with more talent around him. But Carr has been phenomenal so far this season and we have him under contract for 2 more seasons on a team friendly deal. Whereas we'd have to extend Darnold after next year. 

On 9/21/2020 at 4:02 AM, Humble_Beast said:

How did DK Metcalf slip to the second round last year? 

The neck injury plus questions around his lateral agility. Looks like our picks of Abrams and Jacobs are big hits though and Edwards and Ruggs look promising though its really early 

Honestly on draft day I questioned the value of a box safety, and a RB. I really wanted AJ Brown and Hollywood, but I was wrong. I liked Jacobs and Abram but didn’t know if they were worth a 1st. They look the part and playing like first rounders. Ferrell on the other hand

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. I agree that Darnold is pretty good and would be better with more talent around him. But Carr has been phenomenal so far this season and we have him under contract for 2 more seasons on a team friendly deal. Whereas we'd have to extend Darnold after next year. 

I wouldn’t say Carr has be phenomenal this season but he’s been good for us. If he can consistently play like he did during spurts off the Saints game then I have no issue w him moving forward but it’s never been consistent w Carr and I hope he proves me wrong but he’s pretty much out of the “potential” age, it’s put up or shut up. His numbers were good last night but there were several plays that left you wanting so much more. 

Beggers can’t be choosers tho and I’ll gladly take the win. 

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I wouldn’t say Carr has be phenomenal this season but he’s been good for us. If he can consistently play like he did during spurts off the Saints game then I have no issue w him moving forward but it’s never been consistent w Carr and I hope he proves me wrong but he’s pretty much out of the “potential” age, it’s put up or shut up. His numbers were good last night but there were several plays that left you wanting so much more. 

Beggers can’t be choosers tho and I’ll gladly take the win. 

Darnold is solid, I think he can be good. Kinda reminds me of Carr, SD surrounded with lackluster talent. Bell is an over the hill RB like Marshawn was for DC. Get the man some weapons and a better coach. Gase is going get fired soon 

Edited by Humble_Beast

33 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Darnold is solid, I think he can be good. Kinda reminds me of Carr, SD surrounded with lackluster talent. Bell is an over the hill RB like Marshawn was for DC. Get the man some weapons and a better coach. Gase is going get fired soon 

I agree don’t think the situations of them early in their careers are too far off. Imo Darnold’s ceiling is much higher than Carr’s. Id love to see Darnold in an offense that utilizes his movement skills more and mixes in more pistol/roll/RPO’s.