Around The League V.2

Totty

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Honestly on draft day I questioned the value of a box safety, and a RB. I really wanted AJ Brown and Hollywood, but I was wrong. I liked Jacobs and Abram but didn’t know if they were worth a 1st. They look the part and playing like first rounders. Ferrell on the other hand

Agreed, a RB and SS weren't high on my list either. I think going by my 'big board' I'd have ended up with Sweat, Metcalf and Risner but very, very happy with Jacobs and Abrams. Ferrell is still TBD but he's not showing flashes yet and you'd expect something to build off and get excited about with such a high pick so a little concerned if I'm honest. 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Was watching some of the Seattle game with the Pats and if you put Metcalf in a 81 jersey and just saw them lining up at WR. You would think its Calvin Johnson especially with the visor that DK wears. 

Still too early to tell but seems like a lot of us were wrong about Metcalf. Ignoring 3 cone for all future WRs. He was #1 on everyones board before the 3cone. 

It even soured most NFL teams considering he fell to the Final Pick of the 2nd Round. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s not funny cause what happened but it’s funny 

They have a hard time not getting injured during practice and pre-season.  Now the doctors are taking the players out.  I wish him the best but that might be going to another team next year.

20 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I agree don’t think the situations of them early in their careers are too far off. Imo Darnold’s ceiling is much higher than Carr’s. Id love to see Darnold in an offense that utilizes his movement skills more and mixes in more pistol/roll/RPO’s. 

They're definitely somewhat comparable early on in their careers. But Carr definitely made a much bigger jump between year 1 and 2 than Darnold did. Not to mention Carr lead us to 12 wins and was the front runner for MVP before he got hurt in his third season. While Darnold is quarterbacking a team that looks destined to finish with a top 5 pick and replace him after this year. 

21 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I wouldn’t say Carr has be phenomenal this season but he’s been good for us. If he can consistently play like he did during spurts off the Saints game then I have no issue w him moving forward but it’s never been consistent w Carr and I hope he proves me wrong but he’s pretty much out of the “potential” age, it’s put up or shut up. His numbers were good last night but there were several plays that left you wanting so much more. 

Beggers can’t be choosers tho and I’ll gladly take the win. 

I think he has been pretty damn good with all things considered. We lost our #1 WR right before the season started again, we've been playing with a makeshift offensive line, and he was without Ruggs for the 2nd half against Carolina. He missed a couple of throws early against the Saints but he was on the money for the rest of the game. After our first two drives we literally scored on 6/7 drives to close the game with the only exception being when Richard fumbled the ball. I'll gladly take 34 points and a 10 point win over one of the elite teams in the league. Through the first two weeks we're 4th in scoring offense behind only the Packers, Ravens, and Seahawks and I believe the 68 points we've scored during the first two weeks is the most the franchise has had to open the season since like the 1960s. 

He's on pace for 4,200+ yards 30+ TD, with a 70%+ completion this season. I think there has only been two other QB's in NFL history to have those numbers over the course of a season. Obviously he has to continue to play well but I am impressed by what I've seen from Carr this season and I think we made the right decision to give him one more year. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In other news, Okudah had the worst game a CB in the NFL has had this season so far, against the Packers. To be fair the Packers are pretty good. Let’s see how he performs against Kyler and Hopkins.

Rookie CBs always struggle.  I am actually surprised Arnette is playing as well as he is.  He has made some mistakes but has also made a few plays.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Rookie CBs always struggle.  I am actually surprised Arnette is playing as well as he is.  He has made some mistakes but has also made a few plays.

He’s certainly been better than Okudah so far, but Cam is the first QB with an actual Arm that we will face so far. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He’s certainly been better than Okudah so far, but Cam is the first QB with an actual Arm that we will face so far. 

I am not concerned with Cam unless the Patriots are inside the 5 yard line.  Cam has a 2 seem fastball and that is it.  I am more concerned with BB's game plan.  Just bring the back 7 on blitzes and hit him a few times and he will lose his focus.  Everyone knows I have been very critical of Carr the past 3 years but I would not have traded Carr for Cam.