Around The League V.2

Totty

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He’s done. 100% Final year. Even if they go deep into the playoffs there’s just no way they are gonna want him back. 

When players get into there 40's it's amazing how quickly they can fall off.  I do agree that Brees does not look like the Brees of years past.  

54 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and I also would like to see more deep shots but at what cost?  Force the ball deep when the throw is not there because your Wr's cant gain seperation.  You know who does that?  Ol' Crab Legs.  No thanks.  Then you guys would be yapping about how Carr is too carless with the ball.  I would take conservative over careless any day of the week. Get Ruggs and Edwards back and Carr will open it up more.   

Would I like to see Carr open it up, yes but I think he scales it back when he doesn't trust his WR's.  When you're #1 and 2 WR's are Renfrow and Auglor I would not want to go deep either...

This, he opened it up plenty when Ruggs and Edwards were healthy. He was on his 4-6 WRs today. Had a G playing RT and a rookie LG making his first start vs a Bill Bellichek defense. Context is key. Guys are just so quick to **** on Carr 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

When players get into there 40's it's amazing how quickly they can fall off.  I do agree that Brees does not look like the Brees of years past.  

Brady looks pretty sharp at 43 and his arm is still miles ahead of Brees and Rivers. Never cared much about his first game. First new team in 20 years with no Pre Season. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Haven’t missed a game in years. He was taking shots when Ruggs was in the lineup. And it was enough to keep defenses honest. Carr isn’t a deep ball QB he works mid to short game that’s just who he is. But he’s more likely to throw it deep when he has WRs that can do so, like Ruggs and Cooper. Also, DC likes to get the ball out quick which is necessary in Gruden’s offense. Worked to perfection vs the Saints when we went on long clock eating drives threw it downfield a couple of times to keep the defense honest, but no one complained then. 

maybe it's OC/HC philosophy combined with him being gun-shy. after coopers 2nd year here he rarely used cooper especially deep. not a complaint, it's an honest assessment. Carr has the arm to sling it. i see him make ridic throws that only a handful can make. just want to see him throw them a little more. that will raise his game a lot. that and use his legs a little sooner, especially when we got backup wrs out there. Carr isn't the problem that's for sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

my only knock on Carr is his lack if throwing the ball deep more. but hard to tell if that's gruden a bit. he used to sling it more. Damn play calling much different

Dude told me that I must not watch. Man I been around long enough to remember Chucky’s first go round. When we had Rice and Brown late in their careers as our WRs killing it with underneath routes and the occasionally deep ball to Jerry Porter. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

This, he opened it up plenty when Ruggs and Edwards were healthy. He was on his 4-6 WRs today. Had a G playing RT and a rookie LG making his first start vs a Bill Bellichek defense. Context is key. Guys are just so quick to **** on Carr 

lol yes, Carr was bombs away when ruggs was in there

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Dude told me that I must not watch. Man I been around long enough to remember Chucky’s first go round. When we had Rice and Brown late in their careers as our WRs killing it with underneath routes and the occasionally deep ball to Jerry Porter. 

I recall, we had two of the best wrs of all time, and garner. I've been around too my man. Gannon threw more deep balls haha

Just now, roi34 said:

maybe it's OC/HC philosophy combined with him being gun-shy. after coopers 2nd year here he rarely used cooper especially deep. not a complaint, it's an honest assessment. Carr has the arm to sling it. i see him make ridic throws that only a handful can make. just want to see him throw them a little more. that will raise his game a lot. that and use his legs a little sooner, especially when we got backup wrs out there. Carr isn't the problem that's for sure 

I get it. I think it’s a combo of play call(Gruden), Play style (Carr) and who he’s throwing to. Like I said earlier we threw it downfield plenty when we had our starting WRs available 

I'm a Carr fan, but I can also criticize some things he needs to improve on. would you agree he needs to use his legs some more still? especially a few times today with backup wrs in and covered? he is actually a great athlete and decent speed 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I'm a Carr fan, but I can also criticize some things he needs to improve on. would you agree he needs to use his legs some more still? especially a few times today with backup wrs in and covered? he is actually a great athlete and decent speed 

Yes I do think he should use his legs more, he’s not as smooth or natural an athlete like Gannon who gained a bunch of rush yards. But I would like to see him use his legs to buy more time like ARod does

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Yes I do think he should use his legs more, he’s not as smooth or natural an athlete like Gannon who gained a bunch of rush yards. But I would like to see him use his legs to buy more time like ARod does

course, Gannon was more a natural runner. but Carr can easily rush for 230 yards a year too. don't expect 500.

wentz is good comp for Carr in terms of running too.

Edited by roi34

5 minutes ago, roi34 said:

course, Gannon was more a natural runner. but Carr can easily rush for 230 yards a year too. don't expect 500.

wentz is good comp for Carr in terms of running too.

Wentz is a lot more physical. DC is looking to throw 

• Like 1