Around The League V.2

Totty

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not saying Lamar is bad, he’s just not a good pure passer. His legs open up the passing game for some really open guys and easy passes. Without defenses respecting those legs, 75% of those passes aren’t there. Why do you think he is so horrible when they are trailing? I still think he’s a solid QB. He’s Top 10 and not gonna fall out of the Top 10. I can’t put him in the Top 5 after one great season and two games. I didn’t even do that for Mahomes. 

For me it’s 

1. Wilson

2. Mahomes

Gap

3. Rodgers

4. Watson

No specific order 5-10: Brady, Ryan, Ben, Jackson, Allen, and Brees. 

Too early to take Brees out of the Top 10. His mind and accuracy are both fully there still. I’d be willing to put him 9th or 10th. He’s actually still having a very solid season despite some weak throws.

As for Brady, no pre season and first new team in 20 years. Dude looked like a Top 5 QB and his usual self in Week 3. And pretty good in Week 2. Arm still fully there. Does face the toughest Pass D in the NFL this week though in the Chargers. 

As for Wilson over Mahomes, I’ve had Wilson #1 since 2018. I’ve always said, put the guy with Reid and those weapons and he puts up the same numbers, and he’s smarter than Mahomes. Now he has similar weapons and absolutely destroying. Mahomes still has the Reid advantage too. 

I feel bad for Watson, dude is absolutely amazing, no more Hop, and stuck with BoB....

Agree with most of this but I'd actually take Carr over Brees right now, I think he's going off a cliff but I can respect the opinion he's still top 10. Wentz I feel is being really underrated this season based on a couple bad games, Prescott has to be near that level too I would have thought, from about 8 to 20 is very volatile.

I also like Mayfield and Darnold too so there are lots of guys who are all over the shop in terms of play right now. Totally understand guys not rating the last two 😀

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Pretty insane that Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have become the two best QB's from that 2018 draft class. Mayfield is alright but definitely nothing special, Darnold has been terrible this year and is on his way out in NY, and Rosen is on the Buccaneers practice squad. 

I think the Jets ruined Donald

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think the Jets ruined Donald

I think Jackson and Allen just have the raw skills to carry teams. Baker has been stuck behind a bad oline and bad coaches. Hasn’t been bad this year, but their coach likes to run the ball. Darnold is just in a bad situation. It would be stupid for the Jets to get rid of Darnold, he is still very young. Jets need to trade down and really hit on the next draft. Their roster is a joke, and they probably have the worst coach in the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Happy for Aldon and I hope his life is building up right. The story where he became homeless and just wasn't functioning, to then rebuild to the point of starting in the NFL again is inspiring. To then not only start, but succeed is great to hear. I hope once he does retire the teams he has played for don't abandon him, maybe work for NFL headquarters as a mental health awareness guy or something and travel to teams and tell his story or whatever so he can keep being involved and on the right track. It's heartbreaking that I remember our team saying we are here for you no matter what and will support and a few years later he's at his lowest and sleeping under cars.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think it's disrespectful to refer to two former MVPs as "weapons" when they are QBs. Maybe they are not the best pure passing QBs but they are QBs, nonetheless. Would you call Matt Ryan a weapon.

I do not.  When a player is not capable of being effective in the traditional role of the position and has to do other things that makes them a weapon that plays a particular position.  If I had a RB that could get 90 receptions for 1200 yards but only rush for 300-400 he is a great weapon but not a great RB.  The same way Jackson runs for 1200 yards but throws for 3100 makes him a great weapon but not a great QB.  If his passing elevated his ability to run he would be a good QB but he is the opposite.  If he was not such a great runner he probably passes for 2000 yards.  They had the 6th worst passing yards last year, had the best rushing attack, and he won the MVP award.  They were a great team last year and he makes them better.  Nobody is doubting his ability to lead his team but he is a weapon that plays the QB position.  Matt Ryan is a better QB that wins with his arm but is no were near as good a football player as Jackson.  As far as Cam is concerned I will only say he had one year he played at a high level and since I do not like him in general I will leave it at that.  Anything I say about Cam take it with a grain of salt.

10 hours ago, roi34 said:

brown and andrews had two drops each, but jackson doesn't show a lot of touch. he zips it in there. haven't seen him make many touch passes when I watch thier games.

Lamar still has a lot to learn as a passer but he is capable of improving.  If he improves his accuracy and touch we will see him and Mahomes battling for the AFC championship for the next decade.  Could be Brady vs Manning all over again.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Lamar still has a lot to learn as a passer but he is capable of improving.  If he improves his accuracy and touch we will see him and Mahomes battling for the AFC championship for the next decade.  Could be Brady vs Manning all over again.

don't see Lamar developing that much. In the NFL guys improve in certain areas, not sure he is just going to evolve into a accurate touch passer. most those guys have that before the NFL and footwork and other things help make it better. to not have it and develop it and develop it to the point of Wilson and mahomes, I don't see it  

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Still early but Chris Jones is on pace for an Aaron Donald level season. Week 5 in KC is not going to be fun. 

Our next 2 games are probably the toughest for the year.  We know what KC is but the Bills look really good.

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

don't see Lamar developing that much. In the NFL guys improve in certain areas, not sure he is just going to evolve into a accurate touch passer. most those guys have that before the NFL and footwork and other things help make it better. to not have it and develop it and develop it to the point of Wilson and mahomes, I don't see it  

He will never be at their level but he needs to trust his arm.  When it is tight coverage he tries to throw it where only his receiver can catch it.  His inaccuracy and lack of touch means his receivers are trying to catch high and wide fastballs.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Our next 2 games are probably the toughest for the year.  We know what KC is but the Bills look really good.

Buffalo looks good but I think we have a better chance to win then most people. They had the benefit of playing two of the worst teams in the league the first two weeks in the Jets and Dolphins and would've lost to the Rams last week if it weren't for a late DPI call. Our offense should be able to move the ball and score on their defense who gave up 400 yards and 28 points to Miami.