Around The League V.2

Totty

8 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think the Jets ruined Donald

They certainly haven't done him any favors. Bowles was a defensive minded coach and Gase the "offensive guru" hasn't been able to do anything since he left Denver and Peyton Manning. They've also failed to put any weapons around him other then Bell, in the last two offseason's the only WR's they've added are Jamison Crowder, Breshard Perriman, and Denzel Mims. He definitely needs a change of scenery. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Buffalo looks good but I think we have a better chance to win then most people. They had the benefit of playing two of the worst teams in the league the first two weeks in the Jets and Dolphins and would've lost to the Rams last week if it weren't for a late DPI call. Our offense should be able to move the ball and score on their defense who gave up 400 yards and 28 points to Miami. 

Without the BS Int by the Rams that completely changed the momentum the Rams probably lose by 3 scores.  This year Wilson, Russel, Rodgers, and Allen are all playing on a completely different level.  This does not mean they all will keep it up the entire year but right now I would say Allen is easily top 3.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They certainly haven't done him any favors. Bowles was a defensive minded coach and Gase the "offensive guru" hasn't been able to do anything since he left Denver and Peyton Manning. They've also failed to put any weapons around him other then Bell, in the last two offseason's the only WR's they've added are Jamison Crowder, Breshard Perriman, and Denzel Mims. He definitely needs a change of scenery. 

I would love to pick him up. Put him on the bench for 2 years and then we have a star.

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Jackson and Allen just have the raw skills to carry teams. Baker has been stuck behind a bad oline and bad coaches. Hasn’t been bad this year, but their coach likes to run the ball. Darnold is just in a bad situation. It would be stupid for the Jets to get rid of Darnold, he is still very young. Jets need to trade down and really hit on the next draft. Their roster is a joke, and they probably have the worst coach in the league. 

The Bills won in spite of Josh Allen last season not because of him. They won 10 games because of their defense but this year he definitely looks elite so far and his skill level is finally catching up to his physical ability. 

If you get a chance to take a player like Trevor Lawerence you absolutely have to pull the trigger. Because if you're in a position to draft him that means you finished with the worst record in the league with Darnold as your starting QB. I like Darnold and definitely think he's a starting QB that can be good somewhere else but he's just too inconsistent. He flashes extremely high end ability but he's not a guy that's going to elevate your franchise. Lawerence has a chance to be a Mahomes/Wilson level player and taking him literally changes the entire course of your franchise. We've seen teams like Kansas City take Mahomes when they had Smith and Arizona take Murray despite taking Rosen the year before and it has paid off well for both of those organizations. 

Plus if you keep Darnold he's due for an extension after next season and has his play indicated that he's really a guy that's worth a mega contract? If the Jets do trade him they can get at least a 2nd round pick for him and then they'll have Lawerence on a rookie deal for 5 years.  

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Without the BS Int by the Rams that completely changed the momentum the Rams probably lose by 3 scores.  This year Wilson, Russel, Rodgers, and Allen are all playing on a completely different level.  This does not mean they all will keep it up the entire year but right now I would say Allen is easily top 3.

Allen is still to reckless with the ball. He has 3 or 4 turnovers already.

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yeah, Allen has definitely been amazing this year. I've never seen a QB make such a huge leap between 1 year to the next. Our defense has its work cut out for it this week.

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I doubt it he's gonna have a horrible year

The Cardinals got a 2nd round pick for Rosen after a horrible rookie season. And former top 10 pick QB's on rookie deals that have played well almost never get traded. We've also seen guys like Jay Cutler and Sam Bradford be traded for 1st round picks. 

Edited by NYRaider

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Buffalo looks good but I think we have a better chance to win then most people. They had the benefit of playing two of the worst teams in the league the first two weeks in the Jets and Dolphins and would've lost to the Rams last week if it weren't for a late DPI call. Our offense should be able to move the ball and score on their defense who gave up 400 yards and 28 points to Miami. 

Don’t sleep on Miamis Offense. They’re good bro. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But then they got a young, below average Jaguars defense on a short week and a Bills defense that has struggled. They've been held under 300 yards in 2/3 games, lol. 

I don’t know man, I feel like you’re being very nitpicky to downplay the Bills. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t know man, I feel like you’re being very nitpicky to downplay the Bills. 

I'm not being nit picky, the Bills defense hasn't been good this year. Miami might be an okay offensive team but they're certainly not anything special. 

Josh Allen is going to have a field day against our defense but I think we'll be able to put points up against their defense.