Around The League V.2

Totty

7 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Chiefs backup QB tested positive, too. Honestly don't see how this season lasts without a bubble, which it's probably too late for. More positive tests will be coming, and all the rescheduling will be too much.

Yeah, I anticipate the league will be put on hold sooner rather than later. Although the MLB was able to keep the season rocking after a couple of covid scares, so lets see what happens. But the scheduling definitely will start to become too much. If the Chiefs play Tuesday night they're going to have 3 games within 9 days. Absolutely brutal. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I anticipate the league will be put on hold sooner rather than later. Although the MLB was able to keep the season rocking after a couple of covid scares, so lets see what happens. But the scheduling definitely will start to become too much. If the Chiefs play Tuesday night they're going to have 3 games within 9 days. Absolutely brutal. 

Just amazing the NFL and NFLPA had the most time out of all these leagues to prepare and come up with a secure plan, and yet they look the least prepared. 

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Just amazing the NFL and NFLPA had the most time out of all these leagues to prepare and come up with a secure plan, and yet they look the least prepared. 

It honestly seems like the NFL was hoping covid would be gone/on the decline or a legitimate treatment would be introduced before the start of the season. Because as you said they had an entire offseason to watch how the NBA, MLB, and NHL handled it yet seemingly have no plan. Those sports are extremely different than football as well because if/when games were postponed they can easily reschedule as they can play multiple games within a week and in baseball's case in multiple games in a day. 

With football teams genuinely need the week break in between games in order to game plan and also so that guys can rest and recover. Having to reschedule games puts teams at a major disadvantage because their opponent gets extra time to prepare for them and to get healthy. Like I said with the Chiefs current upcoming schedule, potentially playing 3 games within a 9 day span is going to be so tough. And it's even worse when you consider how many injuries we've seen this season which some of have indicated could be directly correlated to the lack of OTA's, preseason games, and a shortened/less physical training camp. 

I would bet money that the league at least pauses sometime this month so they can reevaluate and assess if/how they should continue the season.

If they wanted to do a bubble they should've just done it in California and utilized stadiums in the Bay Area and Los Angeles, much like the NHL did with Toronto and Edmonton. Reduce the schedule from 16 games to 12 games by eliminating all inter conference games for the year. You'd have four sites to host 6-8 games every week and could do one game in the morning and one in the evening at each site if needed. Both of those areas could've comfortably hosted the teams for the season and it would've really helped reduce exposure and risk. 

Los Angeles sites: So-Fi, LA Memorial Coliseum, Rose Bowl, Stub Hub Center

Bay Area sites: Levi's, Oakland Coliseum, California Memorial Stadium, Stanford Stadium 

Players testing positive was expected. It’s always been not allowing it to spread. When you get situation like the Titans where it spreads that’s an issue. As long as the Saints don’t see a spread and the Vikings and Pats don’t see a spread then I don’t see why you stop playing. 

Either way gonna be interesting week of football ahead of us. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Just saw herbert throw a deep td pass to a practice squad receiver. Great play. Taking shots on 1st and 2nd down can do that for you sometimes. 

Yeah I haven’t seen Carr throw a deep ball that accurate in a while.