Around The League V.2

Totty

53 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Herbert killing it with nobody receivers and a bad Line and yet we still got people defending Carr.

I wouldn't necessarily call Keenan Allen a nobody WR, lol. And I know Mike Williams is not playing today but he played the last two weeks and is also one of the better young WR in the NFL. Allen/Williams were one of the only WR duos in the league to go for 1,000+ yards last season.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Everyone knew that Lamb would put up number he is their 3rd WR. Who plays with a better QB and a better overall offense. Ruggs wont hit his potential until Carr is gone 

We've seen Ruggs healthy for 2 quarters. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Wonder when teams will stop hiring Pats assist as HCs it just hasn't worked all these years. 

Mike Vrabel has done a pretty good job so far in Tennessee but other than that almost all of his coaches have flopped in the NFL. It's like Pete Carroll, hard to judge their assistant coaches when they're able to just plug new guys in with the same level of success. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Newsflash:

Dolphins are a pretty decent team, and will be dominant with Tua next year. 

- They lost to the Patriots where Bellichick knows Fitzpatrick like the back of his head. Fitz has been a multi year starter for every AFCE team lmao. 

- They came within a FG of the Bills, my 3rd Ranked team in the entire NFL. 

- They curb stomped the Jags. 

- Holding their own right now against my #4 Ranked team in the NFL in the Seahawks. 

The Dolphins aren't that great this year but I agree if Tua is legit they could be good next season. Especially since they're likely going to have two top 10 picks in the draft this year. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I wonder if Gronk regrets coming back. Maybe he just needs more time, but he looks even worse than he did before he retired. Does look a lot smaller though. 

When they asked him about his lack of production he said they brought him back to block, lol. I doubt he regrets coming back because he's making $9.25M this year.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When they asked him about his lack of production he said they brought him back to block, lol. I doubt he regrets coming back because he's making $9.25M this year.

Plus his second residence was already in Florida. Easy decision. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Someone wanna explain to me how Matty P got a coaching job? His D was giving up like 30 a game in 2017 in New England. One of the worst D’s in New Englnd’s Bellichick Era. That was just a super human year by both Brady and Gronk. He even gave up a billion points to Eagles and Foles in the Super Bowl. 

They gave up 18.5 ppg in 2017 (5th in scoring defense) and ranked in the top 10 in scoring defense all of his 6 years as their DC never allowing more than 21 ppg in any given year. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Maybe the Bucs should stop blitzing and just play coverage and allow Herbert to beat you reading the defense. He seems to be able to play against the blitz rather easily. 

Herbert has definitely surprised me with his play this year. Crazy that he went for over 300 yards in his first career start against the Chiefs after a week without 1st team reps and Carr has only done it 1 time in 12 career games against them. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Herbert has definitely surprised me with his play this year. Crazy that he went for over 300 yards in his first career start against the Chiefs after a week without 1st team reps and Carr has only done it 1 time in 12 career games against them. 

I’d like to see the ultra Carr mega defenders, defend that one. Herbert with a Bottom 5 OL and way worse RB situation, and while a solid WR corps, it’s one of the slowest WR corps in the NFL. He was torching the Chiefs with his arm. 

Carr, spanning three coaching staffs, has never “torched” the Chiefs. Not even remotely close to it.