Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders are in trouble if that is what Herbert can do. My god that throw was on point 

If they can improve their OL, Herbert progresses, and their defense stays healthy they're a Super Bowl dark horse next season. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d like to see the ultra Carr mega defenders, defend that one. Herbert with a Bottom 5 OL and way worse RB situation, and while a solid WR corps, it’s one of the slowest WR corps in the NFL. He was torching the Chiefs with his arm. 

Carr, spanning three coaching staffs, has never “torched” the Chiefs. Not even remotely close to it. 

Not the fastest bunch but Allen, Williams, Henry, and Ekeler is one of the best groups of starting skill position players in the league. 

Carr has had two solid games against the Chiefs. One in 2018 where he went for 285 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT in a 40-33 loss and one in 2017 where he went for 417 yards 3TD, 0 INT in a 31-30 win. 

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Hate to keep comparing other QBs to Carr, but he doesn't make that throw Herbert just did.

He has more ability than Carr, it's easy to see.

Third straight game with 300+ yards while completing 67%+ of his passes. He has looked amazing so far and definitely has the tools you can't teach. 

Brady entering my Top 10 MVP list this week if he wins. What a frickin game. His arm is totally fine you crazy haters in the off season. Was like 3-4 of you that acted like his arm was on par with Rivers and Brees smh.

Brady still fully Brady. 

Edited by BayRaider

Had to dust of the keyboard quick.... Glad to see Herbert excelling already, knowing it's early and he has work to do.

I kept saying in this forum he was being slept on. He was dealt a terrible hand his senior year. All while guys like bayraider called him trash and a Josh Allen clone. 

Now both guys are finding success no surprisingly. 

From a Raiders perspective, the league is changing. This is the new class of QB. Athletic, who can win with their arm as well as their feet. It's what Gruden wants to find IMO when the opportunity presents itself. Until then, Carr is serviceable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Brady entering my Top 10 MVP list this week if he wins. What a frickin game. His arm is totally fine you crazy haters in the off season. Was like 3-4 of you that acted like his arm was on par with Rivers and Brees smh.

Brady still fully Brady. 

One of only 7 starting QB's averaging less than 7 ypa coming into today along with Mayfield, Haskins, Jones, Burrow, Darnold and Wentz. That's why people question the arm strength and ability. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One of only 7 starting QB's averaging less than 7 ypa coming into today along with Mayfield, Haskins, Jones, Burrow, Darnold and Wentz. That's why people question the arm strength and ability. 

8.2 today against one of the best secondarys in the NFL. Had to sit my #1 WR DJ Moore last week cause the Charger Pass D scares the heck out of me, and I was right to do so. 

Also, I was saying his arm is totally fine and a lot of velocity back in the off season, as were tons of others. The issue is many were box score scouting Brady. There was nothing wrong with his arm. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Had to dust of the keyboard quick.... Glad to see Herbert excelling already, knowing it's early and he has work to do.

I kept saying in this forum he was being slept on. He was dealt a terrible hand his senior year. All while guys like bayraider called him trash and a Josh Allen clone. 

Now both guys are finding success no surprisingly. 

From a Raiders perspective, the league is changing. This is the new class of QB. Athletic, who can win with their arm as well as their feet. It's what Gruden wants to find IMO when the opportunity presents itself. Until then, Carr is serviceable. 

We miss you, great to see you back! 

I slept on Herbert as well but have definitely been surprised. 

Agreed that the league is certainly shifting towards more athletic QBs. That 2018 draft class is a pretty nice testament to that as well. There were two ultra athletic yet raw QB's that went in the first round: Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. They've both already led their teams to the playoffs, look playoff bound again, Jackson won MVP last season, and Allen looks like a legitimate MVP candidate this season. There were 2 traditional pocket passers that went in the first round: Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, and Josh Rosen. None of those guys have led their teams to winning records or the post season yet, Rosen isn't even on an active roster, and Darnold is likely gone after this season too. 

I think the chatter that we loved Murray leading up to the 2019 draft were real and he would've been the pick at #4 if he was on the board. Carr is definitely serviceable and comparable to Alex Smith as a guy that can do the job but won't ever be dynamic enough to take you to the next level. Hopefully we continue to build a good team around him with nice weapons so that we can have a nice offense for a young QB to step into if we do replace Carr.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

8.2 today against one of the best secondarys in the NFL. Had to sit my #1 WR DJ Moore last week cause the Charger Pass D scares the heck out of me, and I was right to do so. 

Also, I was saying his arm is totally fine and a lot of velocity back in the off season, as were tons of others. The issue is many were box score scouting Brady. There was nothing wrong with his arm. 

He's definitely having a strong game today. But I think that it was fair to say he looked just okay before this week. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He's definitely having a strong game today. But I think that it was fair to say he looked just okay before this week. 

He looked horrible in Week 1 which brings his stats across the board down. He has looked great every week since then and gets better every week. He was good in Week 2, great in Week 3, and tremendous in Week 4. 

I don’t blame him Week 1. First new team in 20 years, no Pre Season, Limited off season due to corona. 

• Like 1