Around The League V.2

Totty

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I never said Miami is making the playoffs, you are nothing but a blubbering fool that mouths off extreme after extreme after extreme of non-truths and propaganda. I said Miami is in playoff contention, which they are. 3-3, and in all their games. Bills lead their division at 4-2 and there is a seventh seed. They are in “contention” whether you want that to be true or not. 

Also Gaskin is not a bum lol. I’ve watched Miami plenty this year and he’s been extremely solid. Not great but very solid. Let me guess, Gaskin must be a bum cause he’s averaging 4.1 YPC ehhh? In that case, Jacobs must be a bum too. Gaskin is the main engine to their offense currently and a big reason they are 3-3. 

Gaskin will be a bench warmer in 2 years.  The dude is a bum.  

"I've gone through the playoff predictor multiple times, and Miami ends up 9-7 with the Seventh Seed more times than you would think. And that was before Tua was named starter".  So what exactly are you implying here?  You had Miami going 9 and 7 before your future HOFer was named the starter.  What are you saying now with your boy in there?  10 or 11 wins LOL 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Gaskin will be a bench warmer in 2 years.  The dude is a bum.  

"I've gone through the playoff predictor multiple times, and Miami ends up 9-7 with the Seventh Seed more times than you would think. And that was before Tua was named starter".  So what exactly are you implying here?  You had Miami going 9 and 7 before your future HOFer was named the starter.  What are you saying now with your boy in there?  10 or 11 wins LOL 

You should read that sentence more carefully. I know you have reading comprehension issues, but it might do you a wonder of good. 

I said “more times than you think”. As in, no one thought Miami would even be in contention this season. I ran that thing dozens of times. Cleveland, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, and Miami all end up with the seventh seed numerous times. Cleveland the most actually, but the fact that Miami is in it at all, is impressive. Everyone thought they would be a 5 win team this season. They are an average team, actually probably slightly above average. 

Keep thinking they are terrible though. Hint: They aren’t. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You should read that sentence more carefully. I know you have reading comprehension issues, but it might do you a wonder of good. 

I said “more times than you think”. As in, no one thought Miami would even be in contention this season. I ran that thing dozens of times. Cleveland, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, and Miami all end up with the seventh seed numerous times. Cleveland the most actually, but the fact that Miami is in it at all, is impressive. Everyone thought they would be a 5 win team this season. They are an average team, actually probably slightly above average. 

Keep thinking they are terrible though. Hint: They aren’t. 

So what is your W/L prediction with your boy in there?  Clearly you think he is an upgrade over Fitz at this point in the season and on his way to a yellow jacket.  Unbelievable....

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So what is your W/L prediction with your boy in there?  Clearly you think he is an upgrade over Fitz at this point in the season and on his way to a yellow jacket.  Unbelievable....

Because playoff predictors give you a record...? I just said I ran that thing numerous times with numerous teams getting it. And most likely the seventh seed is 9-7. It could be the Browns, Raiders, Colts, or Dolphins. All of them are completely in play for the 7th slot and I personally think it’s going to be a dog fight between all four teams. You can disagree with that if you choose to, that’s fine, this forum is here for debate. However, you can also do it without the extremes and misinterpretations. 

Edited by BayRaider

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because playoff predictors give you a record...? I just said I ran that thing numerous times with numerous teams getting it. And most likely the seventh seed is 9-7. It could be the Browns, Raiders, Colts, or Dolphins. All of them are completely in play for the 7th slot and I personally think it’s going to be a dog fight between all four teams. You can disagree with that if you choose to, that’s fine, this forum is here for debate. However, you can also do it without the extremes and misinterpretations. 

The last time there were 7 teams in the AFC with 10 wins was 2007.  So most likely the 7th seed will be 9-7.  A lot of teams will be in the hunt.  With the AFC East looking weak the Dolphins definitely have a chance.  Going to come down to how well they play in division.

50 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The last time there were 7 teams in the AFC with 10 wins was 2007.  So most likely the 7th seed will be 9-7.  A lot of teams will be in the hunt.  With the AFC East looking weak the Dolphins definitely have a chance.  Going to come down to how well they play in division.

Dolphins likely sweep the Jets, and they have been splitting with the Pats for ever. They might split with the Bills, 50/50. So either 4-2 or 3-3.

Sucky thing about the AFCW is their is no chumps. Chargers and Broncos can still compete with any team on any given week, would be hard as hell to sweep either of those teams.

The Browns have a really rough 2nd half schedule thankfully for us, and I think they get swept by both the Steelers and Ravens. This why I said the Week 16 Mia vs LV Matchup could be for the seventh seed.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, BayRaider said:

I think Miami realized they are in full playoff contention, and Tua gives them a better chance. I've gone through the playoff predictor multiple times, and Miami ends up 9-7 with the Seventh Seed more times than you would think. And that was before Tua was named starter. Heck, Week 16 Miami vs LV might be for the final playoff spot. Miami is NOT a gimmie game. They are a tough squad.

Miami is 3-3 because of how well Fitzpatrick has been playing. And even them being .500 at this point is fools gold because their 3 wins came against the Jaguars on a short week, the 49ers without Jimmy G, and the Jets. They were competitive against the Bills and Seahawks but Fitzpatrick balled out and accounted for 85% of their offense in those two games. 

When you look back at the 3 games they've won this year and the 5 they won in the second half last year, Fitzpatrick has been money in those games. 189/276 (68%), 2,262 yards (283 ypg | 8.1 Y/A), 19 TD, 5 INT, and 3 rushing TD as well. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Miami is 3-3 because of how well Fitzpatrick has been playing. And even them being .500 at this point is fools gold because their 3 wins came against the Jaguars on a short week, the 49ers without Jimmy G, and the Jets. They were competitive against the Bills and Seahawks but Fitzpatrick balled out and accounted for 85% of their offense in those two games. 

When you look back at the 3 games they've won this year and the 5 they won in the second half last year, Fitzpatrick has been money in those games. 189/276 (68%), 2,262 yards (283 ypg | 8.1 Y/A), 19 TD, 5 INT, and 3 rushing TD as well. 

The whole team has been doing pretty well actually. And when you take into Fitz performance in all games, he’s been pretty average. I’m not sure Tua will be better, but it at least gives them a new dimension like being able to escape pressure, which is a huge huge asset in the NFL. Within the next 5-10 years, you won’t even be able to have a QB who does not have that trait. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The whole team has been doing pretty well actually. And when you take into Fitz performance in all games, he’s been pretty average. I’m not sure Tua will be better, but it at least gives them a new dimension like being able to escape pressure, which is a huge huge asset in the NFL. Within the next 5-10 years, you won’t even be able to have a QB who does not have that trait. 

They're currently 22nd in the league in rushing yards but if you remove Fitzpatrick's production they'd fall to 83 ypg which would be 31st in the NFL. They haven't given up a ton of sacks but Fitzpatrick has the third quickest time-to-throw in the league so far this season. They've scored 16 TD's this season and 13 of them have been Fitzpatrick passes or runs. And on the season Fitzpatrick has accounted 79% of their total offense and roughly 60% of their scoring. 

In their 3 wins this season he's 58/75 (77%), for 701 yards, 8 TD, 2 INT, with a rushing TD. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're currently 22nd in the league in rushing yards but if you remove Fitzpatrick's production they'd fall to 83 ypg which would be 31st in the NFL. They haven't given up a ton of sacks but Fitzpatrick has the third quickest time-to-throw in the league so far this season. They've scored 16 TD's this season and 13 of them have been Fitzpatrick passes or runs. And on the season Fitzpatrick has accounted 79% of their total offense and roughly 60% of their scoring. 

In their 3 wins this season he's 58/75 (77%), for 701 yards, 8 TD, 2 INT, with a rushing TD. 

You can’t just cherry pick stats NY. I can take any QB’s wins in the league and their stats are going to be wayyyy better in the wins than losses. Have to look at it from a whole. And stats in wins are going to be good... that’s common sense. 

Also Gaskin took over as starting RB in Week 3 after they were 0-2. He’s done great. 

Edited by BayRaider

You can’t just cherry pick stats NY. I can take any QB’s wins in the league and their stats are going to be wayyyy better in the wins than losses. Have to look at it from a whole. And stats in wins are going to be good... that’s common sense. 

Fitzpatrick is the reason they've won their 3 games this season. If you look at the Seahawks/Bills games, why were the Dolphins competitive until the end? Because Fitzpatrick was balling out and put up over 700 total yards in those two games combined. The only game they've lost by double digits was week 1 when Fitzpatrick played poorly. The Dolphins aren't very good offensively, their OL is below average, they can't run the ball, and they have no weapons in the passing game other than Parker. 

He's not a great player but Fitzpatrick is the definition of a journeyman QB. He has been by far the Dolphins best player this season. 

Now you're going to ask Tua to come in with a worse offense around him then he had at Alabama to keep you in the playoff hunt? If he plays like crap and they drop a couple of games he'll probably lose the locker room. 

Edited by NYRaider

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fitzpatrick is the reason they've won their 3 games this season. If you look at the Seahawks/Bills games, why were the Dolphins competitive until the end? Because Fitzpatrick was balling out and put up over 700 total yards in those two games combined. The only game they've lost by double digits was week 1 when Fitzpatrick played poorly. The Dolphins aren't very good offensively, their OL is below average, they can't run the ball, and they have no weapons in the passing game other than Parker. 

He's not a great player but Fitzpatrick is the definition of a journeyman QB. He has been by far the Dolphins best player this season. 

Now you're going to ask Tua to come in with a worse offense around him then he had at Alabama to keep you in the playoff hunt? If he plays like crap and they drop a couple of games he'll probably lose the locker room. 

The problem I have with your argument is the QB is the almost always the primary reason a team wins or loses. Fitz is also a huge reason they lost three games. I like Fitz, I’ve wanted to sign him before, but at the end of the day he’s a streaky player that rattles off six good games and then six bad games, and has a below average arm and below average talent overall. I don’t think it’s quite up for debate that Tua has more natural talent in his pinky than Fitz has overall. It could backfire on the Dolphins, sure, but they know Fitz isn’t going to win a playoff game. Might as well gamble on Tua and get him reps now, and see if he catches fire. Because if they do make the playoffs, Tua actually does have the ability to win a playoff game. 

It’s a gamble. Sometimes you gotta gamble in the NFL.  Alex Smith was having a good season when Harbaugh gambled on Kaep (which worked out) along with several other gambles that have worked. 

If the gamble fails, the Dolphins weren’t going to win the Super Bowl this year anyways and Tua gets reps. You do realize it’s a win-win situation for the Dolphins right? 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The problem I have with your argument is the QB is the almost always the primary reason a team wins or loses. Fitz is also a huge reason they lost three games.

Fitz was the reason that the Dolphins defense gave up 965 yards and 62 points against the Seahawks and Bills? Or was Fitz the reason that the Dolphins running backs had a combined 143 rushing yards in those two games? 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fitz was the reason that the Dolphins defense gave up 965 yards and 62 points against the Seahawks and Bills? Or was Fitz the reason that the Dolphins running backs had a combined 143 rushing yards in those two games? 

I like how you always pick parts of the post and never reply to the entire thing. Perhaps read the whole post on my thoughts on why the Dolphins would start Tua here. Fitz doesn’t have the talent to beat playoff teams. I’d say the Dolphins have a solid chance against the Rams with Tua because of his talent. No chance with Fitz. Fitz is a decent QB against bad teams, as he is super smart but below average talent. 

Edited by BayRaider

I like how you always pick parts of the post and never reply to the entire thing. Perhaps read the whole post on my thoughts on why the Dolphins would start Tua here. Fitz doesn’t have the talent to beat playoff teams. I’d say the Dolphins have a solid chance against the Rams with Tua because of his talent. No chance with Fitz. Fitz is a decent QB against bad teams, as he is super smart but below average talent. 

We've seen Tu'a play two snaps in the NFL. Interested to see how he plays though because the locker room was clearly rallying behind Fitzmagic. And the offense that he had at Alabama was more talented than his offense with the Dolphins this year. 

Miami isn't going to the playoffs regardless of who starts at QB. 

Edited by NYRaider