Around The League V.2

Totty

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Might as well gamble on Tua and get him reps now, and see if he catches fire. Because if they do make the playoffs, Tua actually does have the ability to win a playoff game. 

You're saying this based on two snaps? We've never even seen Tua play for real in the NFL. Impossible to know if he has the talent to win a playoff game and probably pretty unlikely considering the Dolphins defense has crumbled against good teams, they can't run the ball, and their OL isn't very good. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've seen Tu'a play two snaps in the NFL. Interested to see how he plays though because the locker room was clearly rallying behind Fitzmagic. And the offense that he had at Alabama was more talented than his offense with the Dolphins this year. 

Miami isn't going to the playoffs regardless of who starts at QB.

This might not age well for you. Really might not age well. I’m not making a prediction either way because I‘m not sure what we are gonna see, but you basically just make a prediction. 

as long as Tua is fully healthy I can understand why Miami did it, but, I think they shouldve given him the year and used their draft resources before throwing him at QB.
Fitz has them playing well, if they go on a losing streak after the bye with Tua that can start his career off on a rough path. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This might not age well for you. Really might not age well. I’m not making a prediction either way because I‘m not sure what we are gonna see, but you basically just make a prediction. 

I'd bet a significant amount of money they don't make the playoffs. They'll honestly probably lose their next 3 games. Can't play Gardner Minshew on a short week, CJ Beathard, and Joe Flacco every week but if they could they'd probably be a good team. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

as long as Tua is fully healthy I can understand why Miami did it, but, I think they shouldve given him the year and used their draft resources before throwing him at QB.
Fitz has them playing well, if they go on a losing streak after the bye with Tua that can start his career off on a rough path. 

They're only 1 game out of 1st place in the AFC East. Pat McAfee said it best on his podcast, if Tua balls out and they keep winning games, the team will love it and it'll be considered a good move. But if Tua plays poorly and they drop a few games, it's probably going to upset the locker room. Because they're going to question why they pulled Fitzmagic for Tua when he was putting them in a position to win games. And guys on the roster have spoken very highly of Fitz, hell even he said he was shocked when they told him. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've seen Tu'a play two snaps in the NFL. Interested to see how he plays though because the locker room was clearly rallying behind Fitzmagic. And the offense that he had at Alabama was more talented than his offense with the Dolphins this year. 

Miami isn't going to the playoffs regardless of who starts at QB. 

I do not want to get in the middle of this argument but Fitz having an adjusted QBR of almost 80 speaks to how well he has played and how important he is to the team.  I am not saying Tua is not as good but if he was not a top draft choice the team would be sticking with Fitz.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I do not want to get in the middle of this argument but Fitz having an adjusted QBR of almost 80 speaks to how well he has played and how important he is to the team.  I am not saying Tua is not as good but if he was not a top draft choice the team would be sticking with Fitz.

Fitz being responsible for 80% of their yards and 13/16 of their TD this season speaks on how important he has been for their offense. 

Going 6-10 or 7-9 with Tua does more for your franchise than going 8-8 or 9-7. Dolphins committed to a full rebuild. Continuing to play fitz to be close to an average team with a slim outside chance at a wildcard birth is short sided. Play tua, let him get his feet wet if he is fully healthy. I like the move. Dont know if Tua will be good or bad but I like the move. Its continuing to build towards the future.