Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Jets “probably” couldn’t turn down a second-round pick for Quinnen Williams according to @Connor_J_Hughes, but haven’t had a serious offer. yikes

Adding Williams and Irving could turn our DL from one of the worst in the league to one of the best. We'd also have Irving on a cheap deal and Williams on a rookie deal for the next few seasons which would allow us to throw big money at a FS like Justin Simmons in the offseason. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Going 6-10 or 7-9 with Tua does more for your franchise than going 8-8 or 9-7. Dolphins committed to a full rebuild. Continuing to play fitz to be close to an average team with a slim outside chance at a wildcard birth is short sided. Play tua, let him get his feet wet if he is fully healthy. I like the move. Dont know if Tua will be good or bad but I like the move. Its continuing to build towards the future. 

Not necessarily though because they own the Texans 1st/2nd round picks this year and they're currently 1-5. Fitzpatrick thought the plan was for him to start most of the year and the players had apparently rallied behind him as well. Not sure if it's true but I heard on a podcast that the front office essentially told Flores that they wanted Tua to start going forward and it wasn't a coaching decision. They're currently on a 2 game win streak, a game out of 1st place in the AFCE, and only lost by 3 points to the team that they're trailing. So I think it's kind of a tough sell to their veteran players who want to win now and compete for a playoff spot. 

Of course if Tua is as good as advertised and they continue to compete/win games none of this matters. But I think the Dolphins organization put even more pressure on him to play at a high level with how they went about the decision. 

Just watched the Cowboys v Cardinals game, boy that Cowboys defence is shoddy. They have a bunch of good players and names but they just seem totally out of sync. I was also surprised what a poor thrower Murray is, really disappointed watching him scamper round and miss wide open targets by 5 yards. Even check downs he was throwing wildly inaccurate. Budda Baker looks like a real stud though, great game by him into everything. Real playmaker.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:
15 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Jets “probably” couldn’t turn down a second-round pick for Quinnen Williams according to @Connor_J_Hughes, but haven’t had a serious offer. yikes

Adding Williams and Irving could turn our DL from one of the worst in the league to one of the best. We'd also have Irving on a cheap deal and Williams on a rookie deal for the next few seasons which would allow us to throw big money at a FS like Justin Simmons in the offseason. 

I would absolutely give a 2nd up for Williams. Resign Hankins at a reasonable cost and we'd have all the DL in place at a very reasonable price.

A line of Ferrell, Hankins, Williams, Crosby looks decent to good and we could in the Nickel have Key, Irving, Hurst, Crosby. Maybe Irving could be a starting end too in some sets.

I'd add a speed outside pass rusher to rotate in specifically in passing sets and we're good. Cut Joyner and pay a guy like Brian Poole fir NCB and we'd only need a ball hawking FS.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

After the ravens trade I would give them 3th round pick.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the Cowboys v Cardinals game, boy that Cowboys defence is shoddy. They have a bunch of good players and names but they just seem totally out of sync. I was also surprised what a poor thrower Murray is, really disappointed watching him scamper round and miss wide open targets by 5 yards. Even check downs he was throwing wildly inaccurate. Budda Baker looks like a real stud though, great game by him into everything. Real playmaker.

Thank you I've been saying that for two years.

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Bad game by Murray but I wouldn't call him a poor thrower. Completing almost 66 % of his passes, almost 250 ypg, almost 2-1 TD-INT ratio. Kid has a live arm and was most likely over amped playing his first game in his home state where he is a legend.

He's had a great start to his career.

25 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Bad game by Murray but I wouldn't call him a poor thrower. Completing almost 66 % of his passes, almost 250 ypg, almost 2-1 TD-INT ratio. Kid has a live arm and was most likely over amped playing his first game in his home state where he is a legend.

He's had a great start to his career.

Can only judge what I've seen and he had a 2:0 TD to Int ratio against the Cowboys but if you saw the game (as you sound like you did) he was really erratic throwing the ball. Stats can be awfully misleading...... His % is quite high I would guess because they're scheming him short, easy throws is what it looked like but even then he was missing easy checkdowns. He's looked the worst of all the young up and coming QBs I've watched recently, but I've only seen 3 or 4 games of his so maybe I've missed his good games.