Around The League V.2

Totty

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Was Simpson another “Clemson” guy who was overhyped. I would rather see him out there at LG, see what he has to offer. This would allow Good to shift over to RT instead of Brandon Parker. 

Yea I didn’t understand why they kept Parker at rt then they put Simpson at rg I’m like y’all just want carr to die wtf

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I dont mind that they didn't put Simpson in at LG. Really no need to put the young guy in to just get baptized by Suh. Would have been a bad confidence builder for him. Also hard to call a guy who they took in the 4th round over hyped. 

Intriging. He has a 13.5 cap hit next year though. Wouldn't love or hate if we brought him in. 

On 10/26/2020 at 4:24 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Wonder if @Darbsk still thinks Murray is a poor thrower after watching that.

I still don't like their gimmicky air raid offense, but Murray is a gamer. And Issiah Simmons looks freaking huge on the field 

I’ve had the chance this morning to watch the Cardinals v Seahawks game and I must say Murray threw much, much better than against the Cowboys, it was night and day.

He made the simple throws well and when guys were open he mostly spotted them. The long TD to Hopkins was a great throw, so he can throw very accurately at times and obviously the running threat helps him keep plays alive and he did great to avoid the safety. I’m not going to go overboard though as he had all day to throw, a lot of his throws were to wide open guys (possibly the Ken Norton Jr effect) and the 4th and goal run around and throw was a terrible decision and very lucky not to be intercepted, the interception was possibly a miscommunication as it was so far off. He was the primary reason the Cards won though, that has to be said.

In my very amateur opinion he still needs a lot of work throwing with touch and better consistency but he is a playmaker and very cavalier at times which is exciting to watch as a neutral but I’d be more concerned with his running threat if he was playing against us. He’s a better runner than thrower right now I feel but it is improving and his accuracy can be spotty would be my honest opinion.

I think it shows what a brilliant trade Hopkins was, especially at the value they gave up. The Cards have surrounded Murray with a good OL who pass protected really well, Drake and Edmunds In particular looked really good too and of course Hopkins, Fitzgerald and Kirk is a great WR core for a young QB to grow with. It was an amazing game to watch, they rode their luck a few times but took advantage and the Cards are an upcoming team certainly.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I’ve had the chance this morning to watch the Cardinals v Seahawks game and I must say Murray threw much, much better than against the Cowboys, it was night and day.

He admitted that he was overly pumped for the Cowboys game being from Texas and having a ton of friends/family in the stands. And that was one of the reasons he was off passing the ball in that game. 

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Was Simpson another “Clemson” guy who was overhyped. I would rather see him out there at LG, see what he has to offer. This would allow Good to shift over to RT instead of Brandon Parker. 

Good wasn't great at RT either though. And if we would've moved him to OT with Jackson out of the game, who takes over at the other OG spot?

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I think it shows what a brilliant trade Hopkins was, especially at the value they gave up. The Cards have surrounded Murray with a good OL who pass protected really well, Drake and Edmunds In particular looked really good too and of course Hopkins, Fitzgerald and Kirk is a great WR core for a young QB to grow with. It was an amazing game to watch, they rode their luck a few times but took advantage and the Cards are an upcoming team certainly.

Their trades for Kenyan Drake and DeAndre Hopkins have paid off huge for their offense. They've done an excellent job of surrounding Murray with playmakers down there. They have some playmakers on defense too with Chandler Jones, Budda Baker, Haason Reddick, Byron Murphy, Patrick Peterson, and Isaiah Simmons. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He admitted that he was overly pumped for the Cowboys game being from Texas and having a ton of friends/family in the stands. And that was one of the reasons he was off passing the ball in that game. 

Understandable excuse for a college player maybe but can you imagine the furore if you said that about Carr in a game day thread to try and explain a bad throwing performance? 

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Seattle gets Dunlap for dirt cheap 7th round pick and a back up OL.

The Ravens, Seahawks, and Lions all add pass rushing help for peanuts and we refuse to pull the trigger on anyone.

Wow, for a 7th it really is hard to see the  downside. Very surprised we weren't in on the action, though I do think the interior is where we need the most help. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Ravens, Seahawks, and Lions all add pass rushing help for peanuts and we refuse to pull the trigger on anyone.

This is incredibly frustrating. The defense in no dang good with little talent. The offense is not good enough to overcome this terrible defense. As of right now the ceiling for this team is a first round departure. 

26 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Understandable excuse for a college player maybe but can you imagine the furore if you said that about Carr in a game day thread to try and explain a bad throwing performance? 

He's a second year player so it's understandable. Plus he was still able to make an impact with his mobility and the Cardinals offense put up 38 points. 

Murray has actually been pretty accurate for most of the season. On the year he has completed 67% of his passes and if you remove that one lame duck performance against Dallas it jumps up to almost 70%.