Around The League V.2

Totty

12 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

This is incredibly frustrating. The defense in no dang good with little talent. The offense is not good enough to overcome this terrible defense. As of right now the ceiling for this team is a first round departure. 

If the defense continues to play the way that they have been we're not going to make the playoffs. 

Problems are more inside than outside, but getting someone who can actually rush the passer for Ferrell would have been nice. Especially for a 7th round pic. I do expect Irving to get majority of his snaps inside. I just dont think the Raiders are in s situation where they can deny any proven pass rushers for such a low low low cost.

Takkarist McKinley will be available for a trade. Wouldn't mind kicking the tiers on him. 

49 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Understandable excuse for a college player maybe but can you imagine the furore if you said that about Carr in a game day thread to try and explain a bad throwing performance? 

Yeah I would trash a 7 year vet for that for sure. Not a guy early into his 2nd year. Carr was the man around here his 1st and 2nd year. He was the future. Only a few people really gave him a hard time. 

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Problems are more inside than outside, but getting someone who can actually rush the passer for Ferrell would have been nice. Especially for a 7th round pic. I do expect Irving to get majority of his snaps inside. I just dont think the Raiders are in s situation where they can deny any proven pass rushers for such a low low low cost.

Takkarist McKinley will be available for a trade. Wouldn't mind kicking the tiers on him. 

I think one of the reasons we haven't traded for a pass rusher is because Gruden/Mayock don't want to look bad after having just invested into Collins, Nassib, and Ferrell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah I would trash a 7 year vet for that for sure. Not a guy early into his 2nd year. Carr was the man around here his 1st and 2nd year. He was the future. Only a few people really gave him a hard time. 

Ok so I guess I'm in the minority then thinking its a piss poor excuse for Murray 😁😁

Like I said though, he's exciting and made the plays to earn the great win against the Seahawks, but he has a long way to go as a passer IMHO.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

What happened to him, thought he had a bright rookie year but seems to have fallen off the radar.........

It’s not just About the draft pick trade compensation When trading for players.....  you have to factor in the players prorated salary.  We have only $6.210M or so of cap space.  Teams trading away under performing players with high salaries, like Dunlap, don’t ask for much in draft pick compensation because their simply glad to dump the guaranteed salary off their books and carry the savings over to next year, especially with the cap dropping.

i really don’t want to trade for any player with a large salary at this point, even if we can barely afford them without restructuring a current players salary.  We have to get a player who really improves the team to take on the added salary.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Ok so I guess I'm in the minority then thinking its a piss poor excuse for Murray 😁😁

Like I said though, he's exciting and made the plays to earn the great win against the Seahawks, but he has a long way to go as a passer IMHO.

I don't get that either just because a quarterback can run and win  games with his feet, doesn't make them a good quarterback. This comes along every couple of years and the defense always catches up to the mobile quarterbacks.

As stated before this is a passing league.

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s not just About the draft pick trade compensation When trading for players.....  you have to factor in the players prorated salary.  We have only $6.210M or so of cap space.  Teams trading away under performing players with high salaries, like Dunlap, don’t ask for much in draft pick compensation because their simply glad to dump the guaranteed salary off their books and carry the savings over to next year, especially with the cap dropping.

i really don’t want to trade for any player with a large salary at this point, even if we can barely afford them without restructuring a current players salary.  We have to get a player who really improves the team to take on the added salary.

You're right they're projecting the salary cap to go down by 25,000,000 next year. 

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think one of the reasons we haven't traded for a pass rusher is because Gruden/Mayock don't want to look bad after having just invested into Collins, Nassib, and Ferrell. 

Exactly, and that will lead to the down fall of this team this year. 

18 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is the way I feel about most of the young QBs in the league today.  Everyone gets excited about what they can do with their overall abilities and rightfully so.  As long as they win and stay healthy then it won't matter what I think. However, I still look at them as bad QBs, at least in the traditional sense.  

Maybe the new group will be the ones to break the mold, but being in my 40's I feel like I've watched this movie before.  Exciting first few years, followed by an injury or lack of development into an actual QB, and then various levels of finding their way out of the league.  Only time will tell if these guys will be that or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You're right they're projecting the salary cap to go down by 25,000,000 next year. 

Yeah it’s apparently been set at 175M....

so with us not looking like contenders but possibly a Playoff team.... we do need to consider and balance any trade’s cap effect.  I don’t think a guy like Dunlap  (who’d cost us 5M or so for remainder of the season) makes us THAT much better... yes he’d be worth trading a late round pick for but we could use this cap space (By carrying over the remaining cap space From this year to next year) to pay 1/2 of an elite FS’s salary.

btw I know Dunlop already was traded I’m just using as an example.

I’d rather spend A late round pick on a player Whose rookie contract Is about to end (8 game rental in essence)  Because of the cap situation.

• Like 1

The way we should value our defensive line 

DE- empty , need a stud pass rusher as a starter.  Nassib an overpriced backup, stuck with him until 2022. Key could get cut at any moment, and no one would lose sleep. 

UT- empty, need a stud starter to collapse the pocket. Hurst is a decent backup, who hasn’t shown he is good enough to be a starter. Need a stud, Collins was a flop. Irving has potential to stick 

NT- Hankins is solid for a NT. Bring him back on a 2-3 year deal. No backup NT on the roster 

DE- Mad Max/Ferrell- let them battle out for one starter spot. Cream rises to the top. 

I see Raiders needing 3 new Dlineman: DE, UT, backup NT