Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah it’s apparently been set at 175M....

so with us not looking like contenders but possibly a Playoff team.... we do need to consider and balance any trade’s cap effect.  I don’t think a guy like Dunlap  (who’d cost us 5M or so for remainder of the season) makes us THAT much better... yes he’d be worth trading a late round pick for but we could use this cap space (By carrying over the remaining cap space From this year to next year) to pay 1/2 of an elite FS’s salary.

btw I know Dunlop already was traded I’m just using as an example.

I’d rather spend A late round pick on a player Whose rookie contract Is about to end (8 game rental in essence)  Because of the cap situation.

Just think of all the good players that are gonna be cut next year so teams can get under the cap.  We can really load up on above average starters.

9 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don't get that either just because a quarterback can run and win  games with his feet, doesn't make them a good quarterback. This comes along every couple of years and the defense always catches up to the mobile quarterbacks.

As stated before this is a passing league.

The best two QBs in the league are mobile QBs (Wilson, Mahomes). The MVP from last year is a mobile QB. Take a look at the young thriving QBs in the league. Kyler, Josh Allen, Justin Hertbert, Watson, Dak, Wentz, Burrow. All have different elements of mobility to their game. Look at the top QB prospects next year. Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance. All can pass and make plays with their feet.

Methinks you need to get used to the new normal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

The way we should value our defensive line 

DE- empty , need a stud pass rusher as a starter.  Nassib an overpriced backup, stuck with him until 2022. Key could get cut at any moment, and no one would lose sleep. 

UT- empty, need a stud starter to collapse the pocket. Hurst is a decent backup, who hasn’t shown he is good enough to be a starter. Need a stud, Collins was a flop. Irving has potential to stick 

NT- Hankins is solid for a NT. Bring him back on a 2-3 year deal. No backup NT on the roster 

DE- Mad Max/Ferrell- let them battle out for one starter spot. Cream rises to the top. 

I see Raiders needing 3 new Dlineman: DE, UT, backup NT

I think ideally Irving and Hurst are the backup DTs.  Irving has lined up at NT before.  I don’t think we need a “backup NT” that’s 6’4 330+.  We should resign Hankins like you said.

We basically are stuck with Nassib next year.... (I told you all the guarantees year 2 was a horrible idea... he’ll cost us 9.5M next year) plus Ferrell and Crosby.  Key could stick as 5th DE/9th DL.  We need a very good DE and a starting 3 DT 3Tech IMO.  

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The best two QBs in the league are mobile QBs (Wilson, Mahomes). The MVP from last year is a mobile QB. Take a look at the young thriving QBs in the league. Kyler, Josh Allen, Justin Hertbert, Watson, Dak, Wentz, Burrow. All have different elements of mobility to their game. Look at the top QB prospects next year. Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance. All can pass and make plays with their feet.

Agreed. In 10 years completely non mobile QB will be completely obsolete. And they become more obsolete by the year. Being able to consistently extend a play is such a crucial aspect of a QB. It means you don’t have to have 4 or 5 studs on the OL, which is a huge huge investment of draft capital or salary resources. Wilson has had a Bottom 5 OL since 2015. Watson has had a Bottom 3 OL his entire career. 

The game has evolved and keeps evolving. 

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just think of all the good players that are gonna be cut next year so teams can get under the cap.  We can really load up on above average starters.

Yeah exactly ... I think there will be some good deals to be had next year.

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I personally think Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL but Russell and Patrick don't really run as much as move around to create plays. I'm talking about QBs like Murray and Lamar Jackson who need designed run plays 10+ times a game. I just don't think they'll be able to adapt to  different defensive schemes there are 1 trick pony.

The MVP went to the right person he's electrifying he's a great runner He's just not a true thrower.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:08 PM, BayRaider said:

Agreed. In 10 years completely non mobile QB will be completely obsolete. And they become more obsolete by the year. Being able to consistently extend a play is such a crucial aspect of a QB. It means you don’t have to have 4 or 5 studs on the OL, which is a huge huge investment of draft capital or salary resources. Wilson has had a Bottom 5 OL since 2015. Watson has had a Bottom 3 OL his entire career. 

The game has evolved and keeps evolving. 

No. Just no... stop it.

This post is so wrong its not even funny. 

The QBs best weapon will always be his arm. Not his legs.

Edited by OG_C2X

18 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

No. Just no... stop it.

This post is so wrong its not even funny. 

The QBs best weapon will always be his arm. Not his legs.

No one said one or the other. You need both. You don’t need to be a dual threat QB, but you need to be able to extend plays consistently. That’s becoming the norm, and will be the norm. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No one said one or the other. You need both. You don’t need to be a dual threat QB, but you need to be able to extend plays consistently. That’s becoming the norm, and will be the norm. 

The pure pocket statueesque QBs who can't make plays off schedule are dying out. Soon Brady, Brees, Rivers, Big Ben will be gone.

The pocket-only prospects aren't doing as well. Rosen, Haskins, Darnold all busted. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The pure pocket statueesque QBs who can't make plays off schedule are dying out. Soon Brady, Brees, Rivers, Big Ben will be gone.

The pocket-only prospects aren't doing as well. Rosen, Haskins, Darnold all busted. 

You're right Burrow and Herbert are just horrible

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You're right Burrow and Herbert are just horrible

Burrow and Herbert aren't statues. They are both athletic and possess the ability to create and make off scheduled plays with their arms and legs.  I listed them with the newer aged QBs who possess that ability. 

Burrow and Herbert both already have as many rushing TDs this year as Derek Carr has in his career. Both average about 5 rush attempts per game, and both over 100 rushing already. Carr has 550 rush yards in his 100 starts, just for comparisons sake. Not to make this into a Carr discussion. 🤷‍♂️

Most of the successful up and coming QBs have the ability to threaten teams in multiple ways. Opens up alot for the offenses.

• Like 1

I was thinking with the cap going down 20 Million after this season.There gonna be a few teams who are barely gonna get by. The Raiders luckily find themselves in a situation where they can easily get rid of some contracts(Williams, Joyner, Mariota, Richie and Maybe even Brown) to get under the cap and have some money to spend. With so many teams that will barely get by its gonna leave a lot of these players with less options to choose from and bring down the cost of contracts. 

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Burrow and Herbert aren't statues. They are both athletic and possess the ability to create and make off scheduled plays with their arms and legs.  I listed them with the newer aged QBs who possess that ability. 

Burrow and Herbert both already have as many rushing TDs this year as Derek Carr has in his career. Both average about 5 rush attempts per game, and both over 100 rushing already. Carr has 550 rush yards in his 100 starts, just for comparisons sake. Not to make this into a Carr discussion. 🤷‍♂️

Most of the successful up and coming QBs have the ability to threaten teams in multiple ways. Opens up alot for the offenses.

What bothers me is that Carr has the ability to run but chooses to be a statue.  He is running more this year but he still runs as much as Tom Brady.  He also needs to be told to protect the ball when he runs.  I just wait for the ball to squirt out of his hand every time he tries to extend it on the sidelines.

• Like 1