Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Yeah I didn’t watch it either. But I get it, the other teams don’t draw in as many viewers. I’d rather see a better variety of teams too. 

Yeh, its purely for selfish reasons I like to see all the teams play! I actually enjoy games like the Jets - Broncos game even if the teams are not great.......a good old fashioned slog rather than the Madden like games we sometimes get.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, its purely for selfish reasons I like to see all the teams play! I actually enjoy games like the Jets - Broncos game even if the teams are not great.......a good old fashioned slog rather than the Madden like games we sometimes get.

I think the madden like games are a byproduct of the short week. Teams are still tired so the games are more of a pick up type with very little strategy. 

On 11/5/2020 at 1:48 PM, Jerry said:

We really need to go defense heavy in the draft and FA this off-season. We barely need for anything on offense right now.

Hasn’t that been the case for years though? “This needs to be defense heavy.” Three of the last five first round picks have been defensive players. Most of the free agents have been on the defense and most have busted. There’s either a problem with evaluating players or with the coaching. Either way this team is underachieving. 

• Like 1

The week of the Bucs game I said over and over you can get them deep and they have just been getting exposed over and over and over with their back end defense. Chargers, Raiders, Giants and Saints all exploited that big weakness. If Daniel Jones could throw an accurate deep ball the Bucs lose that game. 

Jamel Dean is a huge weak point in that Bucs secondary. Plays with his eyes to much way to easy to get him to jump a route. 

19 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Andy reid gives teams so much eye candy. Not sure why we dont send ruggs and Nelson in motion more often. On fake jet sweeps. It at least clears maybe one linebacker out for Jacobs

Your absolutely right about this.  You always have to fear a jet sweep with KC.  It grabs the attention of the linebackers and DBs.  It can often be used to give the QB a good pre-snap tell of the coverage.  

We should absolutely be doing this at least  10x a game.

10 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

@Frankie2Gunz what you think of Tua performance yesterday? 

I didn't watch the game but saw some highlights.  He made some nice throws against a soft Zona D.  The Phins D played well and the team played well overall, I would hardly put that win on Tua.  Over two games Tua has averaged 150YPG and 1.5 TD which are numbers that I would not be hyped up about.  Meh...

Danny Dimes, Darnold and Winston have made some nice throws in his career, that doesn't make them HOFers, especially after two games where he has yet to crack 300 yards and has averaged 150 per game through the air lol

What is your assessment, is he well on his way to the HOF? Hahaha 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I didn't watch the game but saw some highlights.  He made some nice throws against a soft Zona D.  The Phins D played well and the team played well overall, I would hardly put that win on Tua.  Over two games Tua has averaged 150YPG and 1.5 TD which are numbers that I would not be hyped up about.  Meh...

Danny Dimes, Darnold and Winston have made some nice throws in his career, that doesn't make them HOFers, especially after two games where he has yet to crack 300 yards and has averaged 150 per game through the air lol

What is your assessment, is he well on his way to the HOF? Hahaha 

So defense gives up 31. The running backs  had 57 yards. He had a qb rating of 122. And you wouldn't put that win on tua. 250 yard 2 tds, second leading rusher on team.  If this was carr you definitely would put the win on him. It's getting harder and harder to take your assessments seriously. 

• Like 1