Around The League V.2

Totty

Does anybody else think Chicago is going to allow Allen Robinson to hit FA?  He needs to finally play with a good QB and would be exactly what we are missing.  I think if we can get into the playoffs and get at least 1 win he will consider signing with us.  If not would we consider bringing back Williams if he takes less money.  He kind of owes us after getting $21 million for 12 games.

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Does anybody else think Chicago is going to allow Allen Robinson to hit FA?  He needs to finally play with a good QB and would be exactly what we are missing.  I think if we can get into the playoffs and get at least 1 win he will consider signing with us.  If not would we consider bringing back Williams if he takes less money.  He kind of owes us after getting $21 million for 12 games.

After he deleted all his Raiders posts on social media I'm pretty sure T. Williams is going to hit FA.  I would rather we keep drafting WRs then sign one for big money at this point.  If we sign anyone, it better be N.Agholor.  Agholor, Ruggs, Renfrow, B. Edwards, D. Waller, and F. Moreau are a legit group of receivers.  I don't think we really need a #1 WR at all.  DC is doing really well with what he currently has at his disposal and Ruggs/Edwards should both improve from their rookie seasons.  I could see us drafting for depth or going BPA which happens to be a WR, but I don't see us paying top dollar for a #1.  I hope we focus our funds on finding a player that can take our pass rush to the top 10.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

There is at least one DC that I wouldn't want over P. Guenther.  Gotta think positive lol.

I don't know X's and O's vs I watched some tape on them from 5 years ago.  Both are garbage but at least Guenther has seemingly started to do his job when his job was on the line.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

After he deleted all his Raiders posts on social media I'm pretty sure T. Williams is going to hit FA.  I would rather we keep drafting WRs then sign one for big money at this point.  If we sign anyone, it better be N.Agholor.  Agholor, Ruggs, Renfrow, B. Edwards, D. Waller, and F. Moreau are a legit group of receivers.  I don't think we really need a #1 WR at all.  DC is doing really well with what he currently has at his disposal and Ruggs/Edwards should both improve from their rookie seasons.  I could see us drafting for depth or going BPA which happens to be a WR, but I don't see us paying top dollar for a #1.  I hope we focus our funds on finding a player that can take our pass rush to the top 10.

I want to resign Agholor before FA starts.  Do not let him know how much a team is willing to pay for him.  He has played great and has chemistry with Carr.  I just think A Robinson would be one of the best WRs in the league if he had a good QB.  

Edited by drfrey13

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I don't know X's and O's vs I watched some tape on them from 5 years ago.  Both are garbage but at least Guenther has seemingly started to do his job when his job was on the line.

Yeah for sure.  I think K. Norton gets his defensive playbook from Madden.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I want to resign Agholor before FA starts.  Do not let him know how much a team is willing to pay for him.  He has played great and has chemistry with Carr.

I agree.  Hopefully he's willing to take a team friendly deal.  He knows he has good chemistry with the QB, knows he has good production, and has the opportunity to be part of a team that wins games.  We'll see what happens.  He's worth good money.  5 TDs in 9 games is worth good money.

57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree.  Hopefully he's willing to take a team friendly deal.  He knows he has good chemistry with the QB, knows he has good production, and has the opportunity to be part of a team that wins games.  We'll see what happens.  He's worth good money.  5 TDs in 9 games is worth good money.

That is also why I would entertain bringing Williams back if he would take less money.  We need a red zone threat and that was Williams.  Robinson can play that role also with the benefit of being a big 3rd down threat too.  Maybe Edwards grows into that role but I would not mind a 1-2 year contract with a good vet maybe if Williams or Robinson do not have the market they want.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Honestly, I don't think we need anyone else.  Resign Nelly and let the 3 youngsters develop. Spend that money elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, true2form said:

Honestly, I don't think we need anyone else.  Resign Nelly and let the 3 youngsters develop. Spend that money elsewhere.

Where else would you spend the money? 
DE- already have Nassib on high salary. Ferrell and Crosby have had moments 

DT- what stud DT could we sign?

LB- we already spend big on 2 LBs. We play a lot of 5 dB looks so I wouldn’t spend on a 3rd LB 

FS- maybe we spend there 

CB- we already invested a lot of draft assets at corner. So I wouldn’t spend big there 

OL- already have a lot of money spent on OLIne

rb- wouldn’t spend big on RB2 either. Booker getting the job done. 

in my opinion the two spots we spend big on is WR and FS. Idk if Ruggs is going be a target hog in his career. Even Tyreke Hill isn’t a target hog, but he does stretch the field. Sammy Watkins seems the same amount of targets. Idk if a talent like Allen Robinson is there, you bring him into the program. Could take the offense to another level!