Totty

Around The League V.2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chargers killing everything decent in the world.

His acne makes him look 12.  He needs to hurry up and grow a beard.  Its the only way.  I don't get why DC doesn't grow a beard, we would probably win the SB.

21 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Where else would you spend the money? 
DE- already have Nassib on high salary. Ferrell and Crosby have had moments 

DT- what stud DT could we sign?

LB- we already spend big on 2 LBs. We play a lot of 5 dB looks so I wouldn’t spend on a 3rd LB 

FS- maybe we spend there 

CB- we already invested a lot of draft assets at corner. So I wouldn’t spend big there 

OL- already have a lot of money spent on OLIne

rb- wouldn’t spend big on RB2 either. Booker getting the job done. 

in my opinion the two spots we spend big on is WR and FS. Idk if Ruggs is going be a target hog in his career. Even Tyreke Hill isn’t a target hog, but he does stretch the field. Sammy Watkins seems the same amount of targets. Idk if a talent like Allen Robinson is there, you bring him into the program. Could take the offense to another level! 

DT and FS are our two biggest needs IMO.  We also have to keep an eye on how the Oline shakes out with all the moving pieces this year. Before that, you have to make decisions on who are you keeping.  Maybe we don't resign a lot of the 1 year deal guys, but Nelly would be one of them.  

If you take care of all that and still have room for a splash extra like Robinson, then I'm ok with it. 

47 minutes ago, true2form said:

DT and FS are our two biggest needs IMO.  We also have to keep an eye on how the Oline shakes out with all the moving pieces this year. Before that, you have to make decisions on who are you keeping.  Maybe we don't resign a lot of the 1 year deal guys, but Nelly would be one of them.  

If you take care of all that and still have room for a splash extra like Robinson, then I'm ok with it. 

Would could also sign a good edge guy, but they are hard to find. Yeah I wouldn’t invest more money on OLIne unless we decide to move on. Trent Brown and Richie are iffy, have to see how the season plays out. 

23 hours ago, true2form said:
On 11/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, drfrey13 said:

Does anybody else think Chicago is going to allow Allen Robinson to hit FA?  He needs to finally play with a good QB and would be exactly what we are missing.  I think if we can get into the playoffs and get at least 1 win he will consider signing with us.  If not would we consider bringing back Williams if he takes less money.  He kind of owes us after getting $21 million for 12 games.

Honestly, I don't think we need anyone else.  Resign Nelly and let the 3 youngsters develop. Spend that money elsewhere.

I'm edging towards this camp too. We basically spread the ball around a lot with a number of decent to good targets when you think about it; Waller, Renfrow, Agholor, Ruggs, Edwards, Jacobs, Richard, Moreau so to add a 20 Mil per year WR1 I'm not sure he'd get the targets to justify it or if the scheme really needs a designated #1 WR type that can hog all the targets.

Hopefully Edwards and Ruggs both have a natural improvment in their second year and we can use the cap to rectify a part of the team that needs it much more. Adding a top WR might improve us overall a little bit, but the real big step will be made when we create a competent defence, that is the biggest bang for the bucks so to speak. If our Offense stayed as it is and we added a top 10 Defence we'd be serious contenders IMO.  

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm edging towards this camp too. We basically spread the ball around a lot with a number of decent to good targets when you think about it; Waller, Renfrow, Agholor, Ruggs, Edwards, Jacobs, Richard, Moreau so to add a 20 Mil per year WR1 I'm not sure he'd get the targets to justify it or if the scheme really needs a designated #1 WR type that can hog all the targets.

Hopefully Edwards and Ruggs both have a natural improvment in their second year and we can use the cap to rectify a part of the team that needs it much more. Adding a top WR might improve us overall a little bit, but the real big step will be made when we create a competent defence, that is the biggest bang for the bucks so to speak. If our Offense stayed as it is and we added a top 10 Defence we'd be serious contenders IMO.  

Completely agree.  We are 6-3 and can't string together sacks/pressure to save our lives.  Imagine if we were a top 5 team in sacks.  I think a lot of our effort/funds/time should be spent trying to put together an elite DL/Defense in general.  If it involves trades, drafting, FA, so be it.  I want a dominant DL.

• Like 1

Raiders have the offense. They need to invest/trade for a war daddy on defense that can truly elevate the unit. Need to find a consistent pass rush threat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders have the offense. They need to invest/trade for a war daddy on defense that can truly elevate the unit. Need to find a consistent pass rush threat.

Completely agree.  We have a warrior at SS.  Just need someone up front to set the tone.  A vocal leader that leads with his voice and his production.  That's our biggest need IMO.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

JJ Watt???? I envision him at 3T for us........ 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, Jerry said:

His acne makes him look 12.  He needs to hurry up and grow a beard.  Its the only way.  I don't get why DC doesn't grow a beard, we would probably win the SB.

He's got the money to see the best dermatologist soon he'll look like....

Brad Pitt hits 50! 'Blissfully naive' and happier than ever

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Completely agree.  We are 6-3 and can't string together sacks/pressure to save our lives.  Imagine if we were a top 5 team in sacks.  I think a lot of our effort/funds/time should be spent trying to put together an elite DL/Defense in general.  If it involves trades, drafting, FA, so be it.  I want a dominant DL.

According to pro football reference, we're surprisingly 13th in the league in pressures.

• Like 1

Nah we still have 3 big holes:

-edge rusher 

-DT

-FS 

could also improve depth at S, LB, DT

Plus we still need a D Coordinator. Our defense looks okay against horrible offense. Bronco and Chiefs Games were outliers like Chargers and Bengals last year. Hopefully I’m wrong, but our defense needs more then a vocal leader. Kwit been a good pickup as our MLB. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Nah we still have 3 big holes:

-edge rusher 

-DT

-FS 

could also improve depth at S, LB, DT

Plus we still need a D Coordinator. Our defense looks okay against horrible offense. Bronco and Chiefs Games were outliers like Chargers and Bengals last year. Hopefully I’m wrong, but our defense needs more then a vocal leader. Kwit been a good pickup as our MLB. 

I agree with the 3 needs.  Not bad compared to past years.  I still feel a vocal leader on the DL is important.  I read on ESPN that the offenses we play against the rest of the season (after KC) are trash.  That may end up saying P. Guenther his job.  We'll see.

Broncos up 10 on the Dolphins. Would be nice if they were able to beat the Dolphins