Around The League V.2

Totty

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Could have resigned him. Needed that cash for Jordy Nelson (2/15 mil), Whitehead (3/19mil)

Indy signed him for 3 years 17 mil. 

Are you gonna pretend you always liked him like Murray?

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Watching the Rams defense yesterday was awesome. When Donald went out they didn’t lose a step. All those dude play fast and hard and what a find Darious Williams has been for them. 

Does it change anything when assessing Barry?

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like the new playoff format, and I usually don’t like change. 

6 games on round 1

4 games  on round 2

2 games on round 3

1 game super bowl 

I don't like that there's only 1 team in each conf with a bye. At this point, they should just go with 8 teams per conf and everybody plays the same amount of games.

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't like that there's only 1 team in each conf with a bye. At this point, they should just go with 8 teams per conf and everybody plays the same amount of games.

I agree. They should just do it like the NBA does and have 8 teams/no bye week. Every team has to win 3 games to make the Super Bowl. If they did that this year the Chiefs would've played the Dolphins and the Packers would've played the Cardinals. Both playoff worthy games, imo.

It gives the top teams a reason to care towards the end of the season. A reward should be in effect for the team who earns the best record in the conference. Too many teams makes it unwatchable and no reward. Nobody cares about the 1st round unless you are a Nugget or Jazz fan.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

It gives the top teams a reason to care towards the end of the season. A reward should be in effect for the team who earns the best record in the conference. Too many teams makes it unwatchable and no reward. Nobody cares about the 1st round unless you are a Nugget or Jazz fan.

Your reward is that you get home field advantage throughout the playoffs, just like in the NBA. I personally would've been interested in seeing the Chiefs/Dolphins and Packers/Cardinals this weekend. 

Edited by NYRaider

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can you imagine if we would've drafted AJ Brown instead of Abram? Sheesh.

Guy is a monster, just look at him and Metcalf.. I have no idea why they didn’t go to in the first. I remember banging the table for AJ Brown all 2019... kinda makes my outlook more bleak going into this offseason...

23 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I agree, KNJ is not a good x's and o's DC. I'm pointing out that you have to have talent to have a good defense. 

This fan base act like replacing Guenther with a quality DC will elevate them in a big way. It won't unless they add quality talent.

Agree but what frustrates me about the Guenther situation is not knowing the level of talent we currently have because I believe Guenther was holding them back.  Not saying we have a top ten defense because we would be lucky to have 20-25 defense with a really good DC.  We do have some players that might be let go even though they would be worth keeping under a new DC and maybe we waste draft capital and money bringing in players to replace guys that were not the problem.  This issue will not set us back a year or 2 but is a situation that was easily correctable.