Around The League V.2

Totty

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I said a few weeks ago that they were the team I wanted to play if we made it to the playoffs.  They were 11-0 or 11-1 when I said it.  They are a paper tiger.

Their D losing Bush and Dupree was just too much. Offense isn't that good.

Edited by oakdb36

On 1/9/2021 at 10:53 AM, agarcia34 said:

D. Leonard plays at 215 pounds. Crazy how the LB position has changed so much over the past 5 years. 

We might as well move Abram to LB.  He would probably be much better off.  Abram plays downhill, never wants to take a step back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

We might as well move Abram to LB.  He would probably be much better off.  Abram plays downhill, never wants to take a step back.

Regardless of where we play Abram I think he'll struggle, he just kind of lacks football instincts. Great athlete for sure but just seems to have a low football IQ. 

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

NFL should make Super Wild card the norm going forward. No reason to not have 7 teams on each side going forward. The only negative was that we had to listen to Tony Dungy call the late game on Saturday. 

IMO there should be 8 teams like the NBA playoffs, no bye week. The top seed is rewarded by having home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If they would've had 8 teams in this year we would've seen the Chiefs/Dolphins and Packers/Cardinals yesterday. Two games I personally would've liked to see. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Regardless of where we play Abram I think he'll struggle, he just kind of lacks football instincts. Great athlete for sure but just seems to have a low football IQ. 

I don't completely agree with that.  He has the traits to succeed, he's only lacking patience.  He's a perfect player against the run.  He just needs to learn how to maintain his coverage.  He has the physical tool set to be great in coverage, just needs to become patient.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't completely agree with that.  He has the traits to succeed, he's only lacking patience.  He's a perfect player against the run.  He just needs to learn how to maintain his coverage.  He has the physical tool set to be great in coverage, just needs to become patient.

He has struggled in coverage dating back to his days at Mississippi State though and after two years in the NFL those problems are still there. He definitely has the physical tools to be great in coverage but a lot of what makes a guy great in coverage is their football IQ/instincts. Which is why someone like Earl Thomas who had good but not great physical gifts was one of the best coverage safeties we've seen in the modern NFL. Abram struggled while processing in coverage in college and has struggled while processing in coverage in the NFL. Ted Ngyuen said during his season review that when you watch Abram play he regularly makes mistakes on common sense plays that an NFL safety shouldn't be making. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has struggled in coverage dating back to his days at Mississippi State though and after two years in the NFL those problems are still there. He definitely has the physical tools to be great in coverage but a lot of what makes a guy great in coverage is their football IQ/instincts. Which is why someone like Earl Thomas who had good but not great physical gifts was one of the best coverage safeties we've seen in the modern NFL. Abram struggled while processing in coverage in college and has struggled while processing in coverage in the NFL. Ted Ngyuen said during his season review that when you watch Abram play he regularly makes mistakes on common sense plays that an NFL safety shouldn't be making. 

That's why I'm saying we should move him to LB.  Better than keeping him at Safety IMO.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That's why I'm saying we should move him to LB.  Better than keeping him at Safety IMO.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. This year is a make or break year for him, IMO. If he doesn't take a big leap I think you have to just accept that he is what he is and that he probably won't ever be very good.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

IMO there should be 8 teams like the NBA playoffs, no bye week. The top seed is rewarded by having home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If they would've had 8 teams in this year we would've seen the Chiefs/Dolphins and Packers/Cardinals yesterday. Two games I personally would've liked to see. 

Why let 50% of the league into the playoffs. I liked it with 6 each side personally. Puts more importance on winning regular season games. You let in half the league, it will sour the regular season product over time

Just now, big_palooka said:

Why let 50% of the league into the playoffs. I liked it with 6 each side personally. Puts more importance on winning regular season games. You let in half the league, it will sour the regular season product over time

The NBA lets more than half the league into the playoffs with 16/30 teams making it every year. Plus if they allowed 8 teams in this year the final two teams would've been the 10-6 Dolphins and the 8-8 Cardinals (who I think are better than the Bears/WFT). 

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The NBA lets more than half the league into the playoffs with 16/30 teams making it every year. Plus if they allowed 8 teams in this year the final two teams would've been the 10-6 Dolphins and the 8-8 Cardinals (who I think are better than the Bears/WFT). 

Exactly... and the regular season product is garbage. Teams play for the playoffs, rest player all the time. It's not even entertaining to watch until the playoffs when it means something.

Neither the Dolphins or Cardinals deserved to be in the playoffs. Nor did the Bears which were the now 7 seed. WTF won their division...  not their fault that division sucks.