Around The League V.2

Totty

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

We might as well move Abram to LB.  He would probably be much better off.  Abram plays downhill, never wants to take a step back.

I still think he can be made into a good SS.  I think moving him now is an emotional move.  We all had high hopes for him early in the year.  I say put him in a good scheme that fits him and give him 1 more year.  I’d also say using him a 3 Safety defense with him often playing a coverage LB role would be a good idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

I don't completely agree with that.  He has the traits to succeed, he's only lacking patience.  He's a perfect player against the run.  He just needs to learn how to maintain his coverage.  He has the physical tool set to be great in coverage, just needs to become patient.

Exactly.... it’s not fair to judge him on his first season playing in a poor defense with horrid coaching.  Clearly he and many others got confused in zone coverage.  Plus, he clearly tried to make the big play way too much snd failed.  If we have a good scheme and he learns patience and plays his role as SS not hero he’ll be okay.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He has struggled in coverage dating back to his days at Mississippi State though and after two years in the NFL those problems are still there. He definitely has the physical tools to be great in coverage but a lot of what makes a guy great in coverage is their football IQ/instincts. Which is why someone like Earl Thomas who had good but not great physical gifts was one of the best coverage safeties we've seen in the modern NFL. Abram struggled while processing in coverage in college and has struggled while processing in coverage in the NFL. Ted Ngyuen said during his season review that when you watch Abram play he regularly makes mistakes on common sense plays that an NFL safety shouldn't be making. 

Earl Thomas didn’t have great physical gifts?  Are you kidding me? 😂😂😂 He ran a 4.37 and had world class range.

I swear you have a belief then find loose facts and other ways to Validate them.... constantly.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Wow Doug Pederson got the pink slip. Didn't think Philly had the balls to do that. Great move by them 

Does Jim Schwartz become a top DC candidate?  I assume he wouldn’t be retained by the new HC who will bring in his own staff.  He’s had success in the past but for the last year there have been rumblings that his scheme is too rigid and doesn’t change on a game to game basis based on matchups, as well as often confused players.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/section215.com/2020/10/02/philadelphia-eagles-jim-schwartz-scheme/amp/

Schwartz has been known to get a lot of pressure on the QB.  Every coach that’s around long enough and has a team that doesn’t meet expectations once or twice will have rumblings like this.  I’m not sure what to think:  was this just one Down year for a long time successful DC or has his defense been figured out, like so many other DCs, and he’s unable to adjust. 

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s the first time I’ve watched him all year hard to tell but he looked done last night.

3rd most pass attempts and 16th in yards can't be good. Part of that was the Steelers using the short passing game to make up for a poor rushing offense but that doesn't explain it all.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

$41 M cap hit next year hahaha.

I was going to say exactly that.  Given Pitts cap situation, especially with the cap dropping massively, Big Ben calls the shots on his return and idk if he’s willing to go out like that.  I think he comes back.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Jared Veldheer will sign with the Packers after starting for the Colts last week.

Taiwan Jones and Veldheer from Al Davis last draft class still in the playoffs

How is that even legal?  He was on the Colts roster for a playoff game..... he shouldn’t be allowed to play for any other team til the years over.

47 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

How is that even legal?  He was on the Colts roster for a playoff game..... he shouldn’t be allowed to play for any other team til the years over.

yea not only was he active for the Colts, he started and played every snap for them. I know this is an unprecedented year, but that seems wrong lol

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

He was on the Colts Practice Squad, and happened to be activated and start the playoff game... but he still was a PS player so he could be poached.