Around The League V.2

Totty

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Earl Thomas didn’t have great physical gifts?  Are you kidding me? 😂😂😂 He ran a 4.37 and had world class range.

I swear you have a belief then find loose facts and other ways to Validate them.... constantly.

Earl Thomas was 5'10" 200 and ran a 4.43 at the combine, good but not great physical gifts. Jonathan Abram is 5'11" 205 and ran a 4.45 at the combine, would you say that he has great physical gifts? I'm not saying he was a slouch he was a good athlete/with good physical gifts, but what made him great were his instincts and feel for the game which allowed him to have true center field range. Abam's numbers are essentially identical to Thomas and he can't cover at all. What's the difference? 

Taylor Mays had great physical gifts from that class tbh. Probably the better comp play style wise to Abram too, and I could see Abram kinda fading from starting lineup and transitioning to LB type if he doesn't step it up like Mays did.

21 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Their D losing Bush and Dupree was just too much. Offense isn't that good.

I we target Dupree this year.  Him and Gordon were the 2 players I wanted the most in 2015.  Was hoping we could trade back and get both.  Another favorite of mine over the years would be KJ Wright  also.  Then some IDL and a FS and I will be happy.  Might have to jump on Dupree early but Wright might be a guy that we could get after the first week for a reduced cost.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Taylor Mays had great physical gifts from that class tbh. Probably the better comp play style wise to Abram too, and I could see Abram kinda fading from starting lineup and transitioning to LB type if he doesn't step it up like Mays did.

How about finding a FS that can play single high and then we have the freedom to move Abrams around where we feel he will be the most successful.  If we can improve the pass rush this will also make the FS job that much easier.  Keeping Abram closer to the line of scrimmage will allow the lineman to be more aggressive with their pass rush.  It's the circle of defense.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Earl Thomas didn’t have great physical gifts?  Are you kidding me? 😂😂😂 He ran a 4.37 and had world class range.

I swear you have a belief then find loose facts and other ways to Validate them.... constantly.

Ya'll keep debating but lets keep things to football.

8 hours ago, Trojan said:

I see Mark Barron. Barron was a terrible SS who the Rams moved to WLB in his 4th year and he found some success. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

He could develop into a Jamal Adams type but that still wouldn't make him worth a 1st for me. For all the hype Adams gets, he's not good in coverage. Can't call a poor cover S elite in this day and age.

Adams had 9.5 sacks this season.  Adams was practically a pass rushing LB lol.  I would totally take his 83 total tackles and 9.5 sacks with a first round pick.  Abram may not be able to cover, but if he ever gave us that kind of pass rushing production I would be happy.  I just looked up the below article while posting this lol.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/a-broader-look-into-jamal-adams-new-sack-record

7 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Adams had 9.5 sacks this season.  Adams was practically a pass rushing LB lol.  I would totally take his 83 total tackles and 9.5 sacks with a first round pick.  Abram may not be able to cover, but if he ever gave us that kind of pass rushing production I would be happy.  I just looked up the below article while posting this lol.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/a-broader-look-into-jamal-adams-new-sack-record

What happens when he's in coverage though? I already had the same argument about White so no need to go over it again.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

What happens when he's in coverage though? I already had the same argument about White so no need to go over it again.

I get it.  I agree.  Hopefully Abram can develop and improve.  It's all we can do.  Hope.

Lol he won’t last in the NFL. He’s not an NFL coach nothing that made him a great college coach transfers to the NFL. Dudes losses one game and had headache issues for like a month. Cash grab and I can’t blame him and the Jags have the best opening could pick whatever candidate they want and they pick Meyer to coach Trevor Lawrence lmao

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Jax is where coaches go to flounder and fail.

Same thing was said about KC until Andy Reid was hired. 

He'll have a ton of cap space. The top QB prospect in a decade. 4 picks inside the top 42 to add talent. 

It's honestly a great spot for any coach/gm

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Same thing was said about KC until Andy Reid was hired. 

He'll have a ton of cap space. The top QB prospect in a decade. 4 picks inside the top 42 to add talent. 

It's honestly a great spot for any coach/gm

That kind of happened with the Browns (ton of cap space, picks, etc.) and didn't they fire two HCs before finally getting to the playoffs this season?   It's crazy how much talent the browns were able to assemble.  We'll see.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, Jax is where coaches go to flounder and fail.  For all we know they use those 4 picks for a K, P, long snapper, and water boy.  Lol.