Around The League V.2

Totty

10 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

The Browns running game should give them a shot at the upset this weekend. But then you know Mahomes is going to carve up that secondary.

I don't know I think the Raiders way of trying to outscore them is better. You know KCs is going to score 28+ points.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Watson's crazy cap number in upcoming seasons also throws a pickle in things too, because we'd be giving up all of our draft capital and cap flexibility that could be used to improve the defense.

Over the next 2 seasons, Watson would cost 3M more than Carr. And with the 2 1st rd picks off our books, we'd actually have more cap available. The only thing to ponder is he is worth losing those draft picks. My answer is yes.

But 3/4th of the league is probably interested.

• Like 2

Imagine drafting Muse over this guy 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Eckel-Krys-Barnes-is-the-Packers-latest-undrafted-gem--158654605/Amp/

valley kid too! Hopefully MM doesn’t blindly go for players from big name programs.....we need to be aggressive in UDFA this year too, annoyed me how MM got a pass for ignoring it. I get there is COVID, but other teams added talent. This team needs to add cheap depth and gems at every corner. That’s why scouts get paid, to bring in talent. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Eckel-Krys-Barnes-is-the-Packers-latest-undrafted-gem--158654605/Amp/

valley kid too! Hopefully MM doesn’t blindly go for players from big name programs.....we need to be aggressive in UDFA this year too, annoyed me how MM got a pass for ignoring it. I get there is COVID, but other teams added talent. This team needs to add cheap depth and gems at every corner. That’s why scouts get paid, to bring in talent. 

He was an undrafted rookie. Meaning 32 teams passed on him 255 times. Stop trying to make it an indictment agains Mayock.

Second. if Muse is a player...you'll be the first person trying to convince us all you knew jt all along.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Akers just drove him into the endzone.

I didn't like the Muse pick either but this was a tough year for rookies learning a new position. Even tough to identify late round picks/ UDFA

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He was an undrafted rookie. Meaning 32 teams passed on him 255 times. Stop trying to make it an indictment agains Mayock.

Second. if Muse is a player...you'll be the first person trying to convince us all you knew jt all along.

Lololol classic ea 

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Over the next 2 seasons, Watson would cost 3M more than Carr. And with the 2 1st rd picks off our books, we'd actually have more cap available. The only thing to ponder is he is worth losing those draft picks. My answer is yes.

But 3/4th of the league is probably interested.

Well if you don’t have 2 1st rounds picks locked up for 4 years at a 3-6M then you often have to go out and sign someone in FA to fill those starting roles.  

So you make a good point.... but not having a 1st round pick doesn’t save cap room, it actually costs you cap room, often significant cap room.  

For instance, this year:

draft a Safety in round 1 like Trevon Moehrig who would cost us under 3M in cap space... or pay Justin Simmons 16M or Marcus Maye, Anthony Harris, Marcus Williams, etc at least 10m but more likely 12-13m

draft a DT like Baremore in round 1 or sign Dalvin Tomlinson for 12-14m or Any midlevel Starter who will Certainly cost more than the 6m we lid Maleik Collins.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If Muse was so bad that he couldn't even fill a roster spot on the worst defense in Raiders history I'd say the chances of him becoming a player are pretty slim to none.