Around The League V.2

Totty

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t think the players would mind too much every year we hear qb rumors that they seem ok with

Deshaun Watson and Tom Brady.  A first ballot HOF and arguably a top 5 QB in his early 20s.  They aren't banging the table for Winston, Mariota, Sam Darnold, etc.  

You truly believe the players would be happy that we traded DC for what is essentially a pick in the mid to late 20s?  That's the quickest way to throw the Raiders back in full blown rebuild mode IMO.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 8:26 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Fify or even n.o. 

Then we would look absolutely stupid when he leads them deep into the playoffs and we're slumping to 6-10 again.

I know its a joke but FFS yeh, let's swap Carr for a Damon Arnette 😁😁 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Then we would look absolutely stupid when he leads them deep into the playoffs and we're slumping to 6-10 again.

I won't even react to the first line, which is really true by the way.

My biggest issue is if we learned anything after the Mack and Cooper trades is that you need to use those picks well. So far this regime haven't done that, so I would be pretty reluctant to deal away a quality starter for draft capital...

You can deal away a Mariota if there is a buyer, since it won't really impact the team, but they can't deal away an impact guy, cause they can't really draft...as it seems right now...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

You can deal away a Mariota if there is a buyer, since it won't really impact the team, but they can't deal away an impact guy, cause they can't really draft...as it seems right now...

Depends which player we're talking about. It's still 100% correct to trade a Cooper when you can because you won't be re-signing him to a 20M contract anyway and the most you'd get would be a 3rd (and that's if you sit out the 1st tier of FA). So if at some point they decide they won't re-sign Carr, they'd be better off moving quickly to trade him. It's still better to get the highest pick, even if you can't draft.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Or we look smart during his annual December slightly less than elite performances 

5 hours ago, Rolni said:

I won't even react to the first line, which is really true by the way.

My biggest issue is if we learned anything after the Mack and Cooper trades is that you need to use those picks well. So far this regime haven't done that, so I would be pretty reluctant to deal away a quality starter for draft capital...

This I agree with...the drafting part that is. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or we look smart during his annual December slightly less than elite performances 

Trouble is for every Aaron Rodgers in the draft there are literally dozens of guys like Andrew Walter, Marques Tuiasosopo, JaMarcus Russell, Todd Marinovich, Marc Wilson, Terrelle Pryor, Billy Joe Hobert, Tyler Wilson and that's just guys we've drafted in the first few rounds to be QB. 

You have to draft a guy not just as good but noticeably better than Carr to even make it worthwhile and Carr has just proven that if you put decent talent around him (the WRs could still be much better and the OL was only 60% so we're not talking All Pro at every spot here) that he can lead us to beat any team and should be in the playoff mix annually. Fix what is broken....... The defence 😀 not tinker with something that is good already.

Edited by Darbsk