Around The League V.2

Totty

Cannot wait for Sunday’s games. Gonna be so good. 

Matt LaFleur coaching advantage over Bruce and Leftwich is just not fair. Packers fast starters tend to slow down a lot in the 2h Bucs are notorious slow starters that play a lot better in the 2h. Should see some snow.

I been riding with the Bills all playoffs. I said they’re the only real threat to KC in the AFC. With the Mahomes injury more so the toe injury then head injury for me that would worry me if I was a KC fan. Take away his mobility and everything changes for that offense. 

But I think we see a match up of Super bowl 2 again 

Genuinely concerned by the Staley hiring by the Chargers. Didn't know a lot about him, but man.... listening to his press conference and he sounds like a guy who's been a HC for years.

Has a clear vision around Herbert who will thrive in that offense. Inherits a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. That team has always been on the cusp. Staley might push them there finally. Arrow is up for the Chargers right now

• Like 1

Stanley went from calling play for one season to now being in control of the whole team. Tough task to ask a young head coach. We seen older coaches fail with more experience calling games. 4 years ago he was a DC for a division 2 college. As far as I know a OC hasn’t been hired but from the names being thrown out it’s gonna be a young OC as well. A lot of youth. Will be interesting in seeing how it works out. Has a chance to be a home run but also could fall on its face as well.

I also wonder if they will move to the 34 and how that will effect Bosa in their base defense. 

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's got nothing on Detroit's new HC. Dude talked about biting knee caps off.

The fact they gave him a 6 year contract is insane. I do like his DC hire, but his tough guy attitude might wear thin quick. That's some college level stuff 

Someone on twitter called him PF Headcoach and I can't stop laughing now

Edited by big_palooka

16 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Stanley went from calling play for one season to now being in control of the whole team. Tough task to ask a young head coach. We seen older coaches fail with more experience calling games. 4 years ago he was a DC for a division 2 college. As far as I know a OC hasn’t been hired but from the names being thrown out it’s gonna be a young OC as well. A lot of youth. Will be interesting in seeing how it works out. Has a chance to be a home run but also could fall on its face as well.

I also wonder if they will move to the 34 and how that will effect Bosa in their base defense. 

We've also seen a string of young, first time head coaches thrive. And he's inheriting a QB which usually bodes well for first time success. 

Looks like Stafford is on the move.  He would be a good pickup for a team like the Bears but Det would be foolish to trade him within the division. I think Washington, NE, SF and Indy are potential landing spots. 

Stafford is underrated and has been on some terrible teams.  He would fit in nicely on most of these rosters with good D's and would transform these squads into legit playoff teams.   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, big_palooka said:

Genuinely concerned by the Staley hiring by the Chargers. Didn't know a lot about him, but man.... listening to his press conference and he sounds like a guy who's been a HC for years.

Has a clear vision around Herbert who will thrive in that offense. Inherits a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. That team has always been on the cusp. Staley might push them there finally. Arrow is up for the Chargers right now

Same here. Chargers have also hit on their 1st round picks recently and they stole Herbert at #6. Herbert in most drafts would be #1 overall pick. We are behind the 8 ball in the division right now

On 1/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, agarcia34 said:

Talk about being fast tracked.  I don’t know a ton about the guy but it just seems to me like he could see have issues.  Going from D2 DC to NFL HC in 4 years is the equivalent of going from a Apple store manager to CEO within 4 years.  He’s absolutely not had time to learn the coaching game.  Experience takes time and situations that you learn from... you can’t speed that up.