Around The League V.2

Totty

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You're underestimating the impact of a great QB can have on the team. Just turn on youtube and you'll hear hundreds of ex-NFL players who played the game say the same thing that a great QB  can transform your team

Absolutely not, i'm saying the Bucs roster is very good.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or gruden doesn’t trust carr iirc with mm we went for it on every 4th down 

well if Gruden doesnt trust Carr, then he should have moved on from him earlier. (last year / year prior)

I think Gruden starting Carr every week, shows that he does trust him (at least more than MM), but to each their own. 

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I agree with you. But saying Tom Brady has nothing to do with the Bucs being in the Super Bowl was an incorrect statement. He has balled this year. And they would not be in the Super Bowl with a lesser QB like Carr, Winston, Mayfield, Jackson, Cousins, Tannehil, Dak, Stafford, Murray, etc, could go on and on. 

Yeah I kind of messed up that statement.  I meant that they are not in the SB because of his play alone.  Obviously he played a major role.  I messed up my statement.  As for them not being in the SB without TB, that is purely speculation.  We don't know that for sure.  It is pretty believable though.  Tom Brady has played really well.  Still, defense helped get them to the SB too.

Kellermen finally owning up admitting he was wrong that Brady declined and his arm declined. Jeeze, how hard was that Max? It took a Super Bowl appearance and a Top 5 Placement in MVP to admit you’re wrong?

We’re all wrong in life and honestly, no one cares, just own up to it. 

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Kellermen finally owning up admitting he was wrong that Brady declined and his arm declined. Jeeze, how hard was that Max? It took a Super Bowl appearance and a Top 5 Placement in MVP to admit you’re wrong?

We’re all wrong in life and honestly, no one cares, just own up to it. 

Cool..... you ready to own up to your ridiculous Herbert analysis? 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Soooo Bienemy stays in KC another season? Crazy to me. Especially with Houston hiring Culley of all people.

There’s been a lot... i men a lot... of rumblings that Andy Reid is the main reason for that offenses success and people are doubting EB’a level of contribution.  Of course he’s contributing a good amount but is it enough to Warrant a HC job.

Sadly, the issue of race is already being brought into the discussion.  Which is ridiculous because no team Is going to higher a lesser coach because he’s white/Hispanic and not black.  It’s 2021.... people (except for like 15 people) haven’t cared about race for like 20 Years.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

There’s been a lot... i men a lot... of rumblings that Andy Reid is the main reason for that offenses success and people are doubting EB’a level of contribution.  Of course he’s contributing a good amount but is it enough to Warrant a HC job.

Sadly, the issue of race is already being brought into the discussion.  Which is ridiculous because no team Is going to higher a lesser coach because he’s white/Hispanic and not black.  It’s 2021.... people (except for like 15 people) haven’t cared about race for like 20 Years.

Doesn’t Reid call the plays, and the mastermind behind that offense. I can see by he is getting passed over. I would have figured he would get a shot by some franchise at some point. Maybe he should go be a College coach or OC where he can actually call the plays. I’m sure he had to pick up some concepts from Reid by now... he might just be happy in his role of respected mentor for a “dynasty”. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

I'm so tired of hearing about Bieniemy not getting a job. Because KC's offense is awesome, people act like he is entitled to a job and it's annoying. 

There is more to being a HC than being a coordinator on a good team. That formula has churned out failed coach after failed coach (see New England). Hell, the last two Andy Reid guys Pederson (fired) and Nagy (soon to be fired) are examples. 

I've never understood hiring a coach off an elite talented team just because he was a coach there. Being a coordinator on a massively talented team does not mean you know how to lead a team. Success is not guaranteed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm so tired of hearing about Bieniemy not getting a job. Because KC's offense is awesome, people act like he is entitled to a job and it's annoying. 

There is more to being a HC than being a coordinator on a good team. That formula has churned out failed coach after failed coach (see New England). Hell, the last two Andy Reid guys Pederson (fired) and Nagy (soon to be fired) are examples. 

I've never understood hiring a coach off an elite talented team just because he was a coach there. Being a coordinator on a massively talented team does not mean you know how to lead a team. Success is not guaranteed.

Thank you!  👏👏👏 (golf clap) 👏👏👏

Only little thing I could add to that truth drop is:

has anyone... and I mean anyone.... ever considered he might not interview well.  And maybe thats why teams pass on him and there’s a rumor teams think the credit for the offense might be to Reid not EB.  
Sadly, we all know there’s other “issues” with EB not getting hired.