Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

yea in terms of wins 100% mack had more impact than Carr did that year. IMO at least. and i am a Carr fan. I think That is why he won DPOY.
2016 our O actually stalled a lot in games, if our D (Mack) could keep us in it, Carr was pretty clutch end of games and wed score. 

I feel like he had at least 3 game sealing sack fumbles that year. 

That year it seemed like every game came down to the wire.  Everyone kept saying Carr was the comeback kid  and he was clutch in the 4th but almost every game Carr would score with 2-4 minutes left.  Carr only threw 4 TDs under the 4 minute mark that year.  Most games it was up to the defense to close out the games and Mack came up with multiple game sealing plays.  Being +16 in TOs was the real MVP.  Carr was not a great QB the first 3 quarters of most games.  We usually started off really slow.  Carr had a 3 TDs and 2 Ints in the 1st and the 3rd was slow.  Could have a lot to do with play calling so I can not put all the blame on him since the majority of the 1st quarter plays are set before the game.

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

49ers already called and were turned down by the Packers 

They wouldn't trade him in the conference to a team set up to win now with a great QB.

Sending him to Vegas to die with a terrible roster probably a lot more appealing lol

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They wouldn't trade him in the conference to a team set up to win now with a great QB.

Sending him to Vegas to die with a terrible roster probably a lot more appealing lol

And you get back Carr on a more team friendly deal who has actually been healthy and is coming off of one of the best years of his career...

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Chances of him getting moved are not great, but its fun to talk about. Rodgers holds a grudge like no other. I believe he would walk away.

He still has 3 years left on his deal, watch us leverage everything for him and he completely falls off a cliff, lol.

I would be the first one in line for a Rodgers jersey, but Rodgers has two elite years left, and probably two good years after that. The question is, would we be able to build a playoff team around him? Probably not. Especially giving up multiple picks. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still pull the trigger on a trade. You don’t pass up an Elite QB, especially one that has shown no signs of wear. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I would be the first one in line for a Rodgers jersey, but Rodgers has two elite years left, and probably two good years after that. The question is, would we be able to build a playoff team around him? Probably not. Especially giving up multiple picks. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still pull the trigger on a trade. You don’t pass up an Elite QB, especially one that has shown no signs of wear. 

What would we have to give up? Carr, #17, 2022 1st, 2023 1st?

What about Carr, Ruggs, Arnette, Ferrell, Abram, and #17. That's Carr and 5 first round picks...

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What would we have to give up? Carr, #17, 2022 1st, 2023 1st?

What about Carr, Ruggs, Arnette, Ferrell, Abram, and #17. That's Carr and 5 first round picks...

Carr, #17, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, and Abram. 

If they don’t want Abram, too bad, part of the deal.