Around The League V.2

Totty

22 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/justin-herbert-s-big-challenge-in-year-2-overcoming-the-worst-thing-for-young-qb

Herbert on his second OC coming into his second season.  I doubt he'll have a better season than last.  Just my two cents.

I think the Chargers are a sleeper team. Their offensive line should be a lot better this year with the additions of Rashawn Slater, Oday Aboushi, Matt Feiler, Corey Linsley and a healthy Bryan Bulaga. 

Their OC last year was a 1st year coordinator and Lynn was a horrible coach. Joe Lombardi has spent the last 5 seasons working under Sean Payton in New Orleans. 

He likely only has one elite year left followed by 2 or 3 years of solid play after that. He’s 32 coming off injury. 

Only a Super Bowl contender should give up a 1st for him. Packers make the most sense. After the Packers, the Dolphins, Colts, Titans, and Bills all make sense. 

The Patriots and Chargers, who are the two top rumored teams, make no sense to me at all. Neither of those two teams are winning the Super Bowl in the next few years. And definitely not this season. 

I don’t want Julio (for a 1st, anyways) because he is older and we aren’t a Super Bowl contending team. We would just waste him. 

However, Al Davis would give up two 1sts for Julio right now without thinking twice. Guaranteed lol. 

You know you have a crazy amount of cap space going into next year and could get even more if the league bumps up the cap space so adjusting some contracts won’t be an issue. 

I would do it cause this team needs to win and getting a guy like Julio is giving yourself a chance to win. Also the obvious with being able to market him and his jersey will sell really well. 

Waller and Julio which one you double? Then the speed of Ruggs is with no over the top help. Jon Gruden the COACH would have a field day with this personal 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

You know you have a crazy amount of cap space going into next year and could get even more if the league bumps up the cap space so adjusting some contracts won’t be an issue. 

I would do it cause this team needs to win and getting a guy like Julio is giving yourself a chance to win. Also the obvious with being able to market him and his jersey will sell really well. 

Waller and Julio which one you double? Then the speed of Ruggs is with no over the top help. Jon Gruden the COACH would have a field day with this personal 

Yes but the problem here is we’d have no 1st Round Pick for this horrendous defense next season. Although the argument we waste picks anyways is definitely valid. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes but the problem here is we’d have no 1st Round Pick for this horrendous defense next season. Although the argument we waste picks anyways is definitely valid. 

First round pick is what they want. I want a lot of things doesn’t mean I gonna get them. Like it doesn’t mean they’re gonna get it. No one is gonna give up a first for Julio at the age of 32. 

Eagles wanted a first for Wentz. Teams will always want more then what realistically they can get.

Also truth be told Falcons hands are kind of tied because they’re pretty much forced to trade him cause of their cap issues. It’s him or G.Jarrett and it will be Julio cause of his age. 

Edited by agarcia34