Around The League V.2

Totty

22 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

All i know is if Brady throws 3 Ints in the AFC championship game for us we lose to KC. 
Bucs beat GB after brady threw 3. 

Maybe he doesnt throw 3 here obviously, but Id say AFC championship game wouldve been our absolute ceiling. 

All 3 interceptions came with the game out of reach.  Granted with our defense who knows what position we would be in although our defense did come to play against KC in KC.  There are to many variables to come to a conclussion other than Brady would have recieved less support from our defense than he got from TB's throughout the year.

Brady had +500 yards, +13 TDs, and -3 TOs to Carr.  That should have been good for a couple wins but that still does not mean we even make the playoffs.  I think we end up being a much better team overall.  How far we get is up in the air because we can not measure the impact of Brady's intangibles.  Maybe Brady pulls Gruden to the side in the off-season and tells him that Guenther is a walking train wreck and we also know that Brady would not allow himself to run the same plays over and over again in the red zone if they are not working.  It is fun to think about.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Show me one shred of proof that Brady ever considered coming to LV.  I won't hold me breath.   Dont believe everything you read LOL 

Zero chance Brady would have signed with us.....

It amazes me how little people actually use critical thinking and just believe everything they read from reporters/news hunting for a story and clicks..   

I love how you ask for one little bit of evidence then try to discredit any evidence anyone can give you. 

Not even gonna waist any more time you with. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Maybe he doesnt throw 3 here obviously, but Id say AFC championship game wouldve been our absolute ceiling. 

Throwing to Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Scotty Miller, Rob Gronkowski, and Cameron Brate, he wound up with 3 interceptions. Idk about Brate, but the other 4 are known for their hands and smooth route running. 

Had he been throwing to Ruggs, Agholor, Renfrow, Waller, and Witten (I refuse to simply assume Gronkowski comes out of retirement and plays with us), Brady probably goes full Carson Palmer and throws 5 or 6 before getting yanked.

And it wouldn't have been the AFC championship game, it would've been the wildcard game against Bills or Ravens and our D would've given up probably 50+. Anyone saying Brady takes us all the way.....is full of nonsense. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I love how you ask for one little bit of evidence then try to discredit any evidence anyone can give you. 

Not even gonna waist any more time you with. 

Do you want concrete evidence? He didn’t sign with us, just like I predicted.

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Throwing to Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Scotty Miller, Rob Gronkowski, and Cameron Brate, he wound up with 3 interceptions. Idk about Brate, but the other 4 are known for their hands and smooth route running. 

Had he been throwing to Ruggs, Agholor, Renfrow, Waller, and Witten (I refuse to simply assume Gronkowski comes out of retirement and plays with us), Brady probably goes full Carson Palmer and throws 5 or 6 before getting yanked.

And it wouldn't have been the AFC championship game, it would've been the wildcard game against Bills or Ravens and our D would've given up probably 50+. Anyone saying Brady takes us all the way.....is full of nonsense. 

The bucs had the best weapons in the league this year, Chiefs included. Saying that is not discrediting Brady. It's just acknowledging reality.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The bucs had the best weapons in the league this year, Chiefs included. Saying that is not discrediting Brady. It's just acknowledging reality.

In a hypothetical world where Brady/Gronk come and we trade Carr for a 1/2 round pick, I think our offense would've been drastically different as well though. Would assume that Trent Brown shows up to camp in shape if Brady is at QB. Tyrell Williams might not get hurt and we ideally would've went Lamb over Ruggs because Brady isn't a huge deep ball guy. 

An offense featuring Brady with Jacobs, Waller, Gronk, Williams, Lamb, Renfrow, and Nelly would've been elite. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In a hypothetical world where Brady/Gronk come and we trade Carr for a 1/2 round pick, I think our offense would've been drastically different as well though. Would assume that Trent Brown shows up to camp in shape if Brady is at QB. Tyrell Williams might not get hurt and we ideally would've went Lamb over Ruggs because Brady isn't a huge deep ball guy. 

An offense featuring Brady with Jacobs, Waller, Gronk, Williams, Lamb, Renfrow, and Nelly would've been elite. 

Absolutely. But this is just how the cookie crumbles. Our WR room has been unfortunate. We let Tyrell and Agholor go for basically nothing. Hoping John Brown plays well and we get a step up from our young guys too.

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

All 3 interceptions came with the game out of reach.  Granted with our defense who knows what position we would be in although our defense did come to play against KC in KC.  There are to many variables to come to a conclussion other than Brady would have recieved less support from our defense than he got from TB's throughout the year.

Brady had +500 yards, +13 TDs, and -3 TOs to Carr.  That should have been good for a couple wins but that still does not mean we even make the playoffs.  I think we end up being a much better team overall.  How far we get is up in the air because we can not measure the impact of Brady's intangibles.  Maybe Brady pulls Gruden to the side in the off-season and tells him that Guenther is a walking train wreck and we also know that Brady would not allow himself to run the same plays over and over again in the red zone if they are not working.  It is fun to think about.  

You're using Brady throwing to Godwin, Evans, AB, Miller, Gronk, Brate, having Fornette and Jones as his backs and a stellar D to our dumpster fire of a roster?  Instead of using that all star roster as a baseline, how about using his roster his last two years in NE as the baseline where he averaged 26/10 and had a far superior D to anything we have had over the last 20 years. 

How many more wins would 26/10 get us with a 43 year old immobile QB who has to play with a D giving up 30 per game? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Absolutely. But this is just how the cookie crumbles. Our WR room has been unfortunate. We let Tyrell and Agholor go for basically nothing. Hoping John Brown plays well and we get a step up from our young guys too.

Tyrell didn't even play last season and Nelly only played well in our losses, he had like 200 yards in our 8 wins. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Tyrell didn't even play last season and Nelly only played well in our losses, he had like 200 yards in our 8 wins. 

Maybe. But I thought him and Carr could have been a real duo for some time. Like Crabtree. But it is what it is.

16 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're using Brady throwing to Godwin, Evans, AB, Miller, Gronk, Brate, having Fornette and Jones as his backs and a stellar D to our dumpster fire of a roster?  Instead of using that all star roster as a baseline, how about using his roster his last two years in NE as the baseline where he averaged 26/10 and had a far superior D to anything we have had over the last 20 years. 

How many more wins would 26/10 get us with a 43 year old immobile QB who has to play with a D giving up 30 per game? 

First off I started my statement by saying just based off of stats.  I have also mentioned that there are so many variables that it is impossible to know anything for sure.  Second I bet if Brady had a D giving up 30 points a game he would be a lot more aggressive in his play style and try t put up 40+ a game.  Third if you look at the top end of or skill players we outproduced TB's skill players.  Were Brady excels beyond Carr is his ability to squeeze production out of the lower end of the roster.  Why do you think NE kept winning no matter who got hurt for so many years.  The entire league kept asking if it was Brady or BB.  Looks like it was Brady and I was in the BB camp.  Forth Brady's last 2 years in NE, with absolute garbage around him on offense, he produced at a level that Carr has only done in 2015 and 2016.  His top targets were Edelman, White, and Gordon.  Let that one sink in for a moment.  They ranked 4th in offense in 2018, 7th in 2019, and 27th in 2020 (TB was 3rd in 2020).  Meanwhile we have ranked 28th 2018, 24th 2019, and 10th in 2020.  Last even at his age and Carr having far superior physical talent Brady still blows him away because Carr's problems are between his ears.  Not saying Carr is a bad QB but he still does not measure up to Brady.