Around The League V.2

Totty

On 7/6/2021 at 3:10 PM, drfrey13 said:

N'Keal Harry requesting a trade.  Who wants to roll the dice and send them a 6th or 7th.  He is a big redzone threat type WR.  If we can sign 7 3Ts then why not have 2 big WRs.  I think it is worth it for a late round flyer.

I think Harry can get enough separation to be effective.  Albeit I knew in the draft process he’d have issues, we’ve seen countless big WR’s in round 1 fail.  But Given our lack of length at WR (only Edwards.... Jones is 6’1 but not really a “big WR” in play style) I’d send a 6/7th or do a 5 for Harry and a 6th pick swap for him.

While I don’t love the composition of the Back end of the WR group I just don’t see us Making the move.

X- Ruggs Brown

Z- Edwards

Y-Slot: Renfrow 

There’s also Zay Jones (guaranteed money) and Snead on the roster.  I think Jones would be best used as a “big slot WR” and should compete with Snead for the backup slot WR position.

That leaves us lacking a true backup Z behind Edwards.  Adding a guy like Harry for a cheap price (draft pick compensation AND salary cap- as we dont have too much money) would be a nice idea.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Harry can get enough separation to be effective.  Albeit I knew in the draft process he’d have issues, we’ve seen countless big WR’s in round 1 fail.  But Given our lack of length at WR (only Edwards.... Jones is 6’1 but not really a “big WR” in play style) I’d send a 6/7th or do a 5 for Harry and a 6th pick swap for him.

While I don’t love the composition of the Back end of the WR group I just don’t see us Making the move.

X- Ruggs Brown

Z- Edwards

There’s also Zay Jones (guaranteed money) and Snead on the roster.  I think Jones would be best used as a “big slot WR” and should compete with Snead for the backup slot WR position.

That leaves us lacking a true backup Z behind Edwards.  Adding a guy like Harry for a cheap price (draft pick compensation AND salary cap- as we dont have too much money) would be a nice idea.

I would not give more than what you said but I do like the risk to reward.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ted ginn jr retired today can’t help but compare him to hr3 I wonder if they will have similar careers 

I sure hope not since Jefferson is on pace to do in 2 years what Ginn did in his first 8 years.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, jimkelly02 said:

X- Ruggs Brown

Z- Edwards

I'd jump all over this. 

Brown is a wild card, but Zay nor Snead have done anything to warrant "safe" spots anyway. 

On 7/17/2021 at 3:44 PM, ronjon1990 said:

I'd jump all over this. 

Brown is a wild card, but Zay nor Snead have done anything to warrant "safe" spots anyway. 

I don’t think they should be safe.... I think we should bring in competition for them.... but when you look at the numbers game and who they’d have to beat out I don’t see them getting cut.  Plus Jones got guaranteed money and was paid over market (in most people’s opinion) so obviously we want him here.

So what if it's a 'breakthrough' between vaccinated players? Will they reschedule then? Good thing it won't affect the players because the love of the game died long ago... SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

Says nine teams are over 90% vaccinated

with five teams below 70% vacc 

I wonder where our team stands

saw a minn ol coach withdraw because he didn’t want to take the vacc

edit: ne ol coach also now

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

So.. Chandler Jones wants a trade from Arizona.  I would be 100% on board with this. The most consistent pass rusher in the game.  This is the type of piece and player we want to help get our defense where it needs to be.

Thoughts?  

33 minutes ago, Totty said:

So.. Chandler Jones wants a trade from Arizona.  I would be 100% on board with this. The most consistent pass rusher in the game.  This is the type of piece and player we want to help get our defense where it needs to be.

Thoughts?  

This is the type of player we should trade for, not Julio Jones.

• Like 2